Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I've been committed...

I've been committed...

OK, just wanted to let you guys know that YOU are responsible for MY insanity! I have gone and done it now... I have bought this and will hopefully have it in hand come Sunday. Between now and then, I will be disassembling my VX piece by piece. I must be nuts... oh well... sounds like a fun job. If anyone wants to travel and have a little wrench session, please feel free to drop by... I'm in the Greater Kansas City area... Lee's Summit, MO to be exact. I have spare beds... and will buy what beer I can afford after this purchase! Heck, if you come help, you can say that you helped do it... heck, I'll let you say you did it all!

Here are a few threads leading up to this project... as if you haven't seen them yet...

VXVette

Transfer Case Questions...

My Warranty Woes...

ABS Computer...

VX Tranny...

Rebuild or Replace?

Obstacle Number ONE!

OK... if you have any input on those threads... or anything to add to the whole coversion process... drop me a line! TTYL!
    Last edited by coachreed : 01/09/2004 at 06:56 PM
    Coach... aka Randy! (I often forget who I really am!)

My 2000 Ironman VX!... Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/60/18's on stock 18" rims, Power Vault Muffler, Tone Monday's custom tow package, OME 912 Springs, custom audio/video/multimedia computer system in the works! Transformation to LS1 V-8 Power as we speak!
    My Webshots Gallery...

This moment will go down in time!!

Someone should go help this fellow VX'er as he attemps to make history with his soon to be FrankenVX. All the beer and all the glory too, what an offer! Sorry I can't help Coach, I'll be in Arizona while your tooling. Just remember, lots of notes and pictures. Good luck.

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    you HAVE lost it......your gonna need more than beer!
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Best of luck!

So many cool projects going on, Coachreeds swap, Boarzheads SAS, 3d model VX (possibly in video game!), and my soon to be Infinity stereo system! This is too cool post lots of pics!
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

Just go easy on the brew or you might end up with left-over parts I'd sure like to hear her when you're finished, a treat for the ears as well as the eyes.
    It's the love child of a Hummer & SLK, uniquely rugged & SLeeK

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Starting Sunday evening, Im gonna light my VX shaped candle and put it in the window as a sign of best wishes from this coast.

Good Luck Randy...I'm pulling for you! ;Dr; ;Dr; ;Dr; ;Dr; ;Dr;
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    I want a vehicross candle.........where did you find that???

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    I made it but Im far too shy to show my first try at making a VX candle. I just purchased some new mold material that looks promising so maybe in time there will exist yet another VX novelty!

;eekr; ;Dr; ;pr;

Thumbs up Best of luck...

... Now that's a project that takes stones as big as mainland China. My hat is off to ya
    NAVIGATOR

Thanks for the wishes of good luck. I'm may need them when its all done with. I was gonna have the tranny and transfer case out tomorrow... but as luck would have it, our scheduling department set me up with LOTS of work... even though I'm scheduled off! DOH! So, I'll go back to work on it by Friday.

The actual work won't start until after Sunday though... I will be driving 3-5 hours (depending on how far the seller is willing to go) to get the motor... so by the time I get home, it's gonna be a long day. I also think I'm coming down with the flu right now... so I hope to GAWD I recover quickly.... maybe you should burn that candle for my getting better! lol BTW, where did you get a VX candle? ANy pictures? Know where I can get one? I think there's a market for that kind of thing here!

If I didn't feel so bad right now, I'd go work on the thing... my son is already asleep for the night... and I think I might be following close behind... then again, I still have LOTS of work and research to do. I don't know... we'll see.

I'll keep you posted on how things are going. TTYL!

Coach!

Coach - my hat's off to you for being the pioneer on this project - almost makes me wish my engine would blow - ALMOST! I can't wait to see the results! As long as the engine will physically fit in the bay, you'll be fine - and I'm sure you've already done that calculation. Maybe you can start selling a kit to install the V8 in the VX ala the Scarab kit they used to sell to install a V8 in the Datsun Z cars. Sign me up!! You'll have twice the cost of a supercharger in the project, but man the torque and HP will be awesome. Keep us posted, and MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!!

Previous owner of:1999 White Vehicross Ironman 1970
    Man if I was a mechanic at all I would come help ya out, cause if your in Lee's Summit I'm only about an hour and 1/2 to 2 hours away. But beings I don't know much about engines and I don't really drink beer, I don't see much of a reason to come....unless you want me to come and just be in your way? I am really good at that!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK man....maybe some day you can work on my VX???!!!!
    The price you pay to be different......

Thumbs up

All has been already said... With such good vibes and fingers crossed from all your fellow VXers, the outcome HAS to be a total sucess!

I bow before your courageous spirit. I wish you hadn't being forced to do it, but once you finish it you'll be the envy of this forum!

I look forward to seeing the progress on this!

Here's a link that might be helpful. The Datsun Z-car crowd has been doing motor swaps for decades now, and this site has TONS of great info that you can probably use for your VX-treme project:

HybirdZ

-Phil

Hey, have you measured the LS1 height and width and compared to the Isuzu 3.5L???? I just cant see this working?? But hey, better yours than mine.....