Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: To S/C, or not to S/C....

sheeeeet....if i was a rich superstar like u i would swap out the little 3.5L for a big 6L v12 off a ferrari....then ull have teh right to slap ferrari stickers all over ur car and tell everyone its a ferrari...i heard the engine for an Enzo was only 200k or so...nothing a SUPERSTAR LIKE YOU CANT HANDLE

but if u were just plannin to stick with tat little 3.5L...then SUPERCHARGE IT!!
    ________
    Live sex
    Last edited by MZ-N10 : 09/05/2011 at 02:40 PM

I was considering the supercharger when it first became available. The inital cost wasn't so much the issue as compared to the ongoing costs of supercharging. This was the supercharger formula I came up with:

Lots of daily city driving + decreased mpg due to inevitably heavier right foot + increased cost of 91 octane vs. 87 octane = $$$$ monthly gasoline bill.

Red face

I've always wanted one too; but I still haven't bought new wheels & tires which will cost me around $1,400 for the VX. I've been driving through 2-3 ft snow drifts on 3/4 worn Bridgestones(33k miles)...actually stopping has been the only real issue! Although I got the VX stuck once already jump-starting my tractor/snowblower! Managed to get it out myself! I could raid my retirement fund (like a 401K) via a loan or withdrawl and have a SC within 8 days but I promised myself I wouldn't touch it except for extreme, dire emergencies! Try as I might I just can't get those voices in my head to approve!
    Last edited by Jolly Roger VX'er : 01/10/2004 at 12:50 PM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Wink

Hmmm...supercharger and worn tires in deep snow????
    or.....new tires & wheels and stock engine in deep snow???? dope!:homer:
    Last edited by Jolly Roger VX'er : 01/10/2004 at 12:58 PM

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987
    Re: the gas price thing.

This has been posted before. If you fill up once a week, 20 gal x 0.20/gal extra for prem. x 52 weeks = $200/ year. Some have reported BETTER fuel economy w/ the SC due to less strain on engine , getting up to speed.

And you can run 87 octane as the engine will retard timing (and power) accordingly. I cheat and use low octane during the week and 93-100 octane on the weekends.

Dual S/C

can u create a dual supercahrger??? Only heard of twin turbos, and tri turbos.

is this possible?
    going fast + offroad = fun