Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: StinkyFab Visit

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

Talking StinkyFab Visit

Today I met with Dallas, the owner of StinkyFab. SPAZZ was also there to check out Dallas' products. OUr goal was to see if his suspension links made for a Trooper would fit the VX. In three words... they fit perfectly. Added strength and clearance. I definitely will buy a pair.

While there Dallas put together a rough proto of a brush bar.

Side View

If you want to see the rest of the pics in my gallery from the visit, here is the link
    http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/sh...user=7&thumb=1

Absoutely check out www.StinkyFab.com for more details. Im sure Dallas and SPAZZ will be posting on what we did today.

;Dr;
    Last edited by Anita : 01/11/2004 at 08:33 AM
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Looking pretty nice! It definitely looks like it fits the lines of the VX better than the Safari Bar.

Thumbs up

Excellent news. Anita and Spazz, thanks for taking the time to be the test subjects for the rest of us here. Looks like Dallas and his StinkyFab shop are something we have all been waiting for. I can see a lot of great things coming out of this!!!!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

OOO! I want a set of stinkybars with the nice joints.

Stinky: you take paypal?

John C.

Thanks again for coming over today guys, It was great to meet both of you and it was nice to talk to some isuzu folks for a while. We did find an issue with fitting the links on Spazz's rig because of the location of the rear support for his sliders, which may be similar to some others. Because of their placement there isn't enough clearance for the bent links so only straight ones will fit.

That brush bar is just a very rough prototype, but I would like to hear what you guys think of it and what you like or dislike about it.

Thanks again guys.
    Dallas

edit: Hotsauce you have mail
    Last edited by StinkBug : 01/10/2004 at 10:46 PM
    WWW.STINKYFAB.COM

:yesg: on teh brush bar
    ________
    DIRTY_BEAUTIFUL cam
    Last edited by MZ-N10 : 09/05/2011 at 02:40 PM

I do like the brushbar. Heres what I would see different.

1. The bar should clear the openings in the front bumper. Many members have additional lights already mounted in these slots. This also continues the line of the curve to the lower supports.

2. 2 lower pointed fangs to repeat the fanged theme of the gtill. They should be conical, slightly curved, and sharp.

John C.
    Last edited by Hotsauce : 01/18/2012 at 05:38 PM

Nice, I will be ordering a set in red, that is very clean looking.

What are sliders? Since I don't know what they are, I dont have them. but maybe I will want them.

I am running OEM 912 springs with Rancho9000 shocks and want to add a 1in coal spring lift.... Since I am running stock suspension links now, the Stinky ones should be good!!!!

So, anyway, how much, how long wait? Easy install?

ABout the bush bar, I agree with hotsauce on the light clearance, also, Allan makes a 2in front reciever that installs where the license plate is, is there enough room there to get a front winch mounted with that bush bar installed?
    -The Rave-
    North Carolina

Thumbs up

Great news on the links...I want a set of the red ones!! a couple of questions tho.... Is the difference between these two types:
    http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/sh...papass=&sort=4 the bushings/bearings and the color also?? Is there a price difference?? How long 'til you start taking orders and what the cost going to be???
    Anxiosly waiting/wanting!!
    Thx,

Dave
    Dreamers of the day are dangerous people, for they
    dream their dreams with open eyes, and make them come true.

I was going to order a safari bar but now I think I will wait for the Stinky Fab brush bar. How about some light tabs on it?

Originally posted by Hotsauce
    I do like the brushbar. Heres what I would see different.

1. The bar should clear the openings in the front bumper. Many members have additional lights already mounted in these slots. This also continues the line of the curve to the lower supports.

2. 2 lower pointed fangs to repeat the fanged theme of the gtill. They should be conical, slightly curved, and sharp.

John C.
    There are some things about the bar that can be modified, and some that cannot. The lower tubes can be rotated to be more vertical, but because of the mounting location, and the skidplate location they really cant come any closer together. Also on the bends in the bar, again they can be bent at a wider point, but because of the radius of the bending die and limitations on how close the bends can be to each other either the center piece would have to be taller and the bends farther apart. Thanks for the input , lets keep it going and I'll see if we can get a design that would work well for most of you.

Dallas

edit: there will definitely be some light tabs on the production version.
    Last edited by StinkBug : 01/11/2004 at 05:05 PM

Originally posted by AK VX Lvr
    Great news on the links...I want a set of the red ones!! a couple of questions tho.... Is the difference between these two types:
    http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/sh...papass=&sort=4 the bushings/bearings and the color also?? Is there a price difference?? How long 'til you start taking orders and what the cost going to be???
    Anxiosly waiting/wanting!!
    Thx,

Dave
    Just so everyone knows, I've gotten a few emails asking about paint colors. Because of OSHA and local regulations I'm technically not allowed to paint anything at my shop so generally everything I build ships in bare steel. So the answer to all your questions is, you can have em any color you want

The 2 links in the picture are the same except for the joints used. The Green one has poly bushings and the red one has the RE superflex joints. All of the info about both types of bushings, different models of links and pricing can be found here:

http://www.stinkyfab.com/slinks.html

I'm taking orders right now just shoot me an email when you decide what you'd like or if you have any questions.

Thanks
    Dallas

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Dallas, if you need the VX for more fitting I'd be happy to come by again!

Dallas:

If you are already at the minimum bend radius, you could just start the bends farther apart.

I think you misunderstood the other part of my drawing due to my amatuer drawing skills. the lower supports are fine. if anything, I would only slightly rotate them to be parallel to the radiator openings, not to verticle. the 2 verticle lines I drew are just vampire fangs, cones that attach to the top bar only.

I was looking at the OEM suspension links installed now, and just have a quick question.... WHAT ARE THEY FOR?

Is it a stabalizer of some sort? I don't understand the functionality of them at all...

Thanks!