Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: News flash! MADD founder stole!

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987

News flash! MADD founder stole!

The Joliet Illinois woman who founded M.A.D.D. after her son was killed by a drunk driver, was arrested for the theft of $48k from the organization.

At least she wasn't arrested for D.U.I. That would've been bad.

Also, president Bush says the economy is getting better. Well, maybe if you happen to work for Halliburton.

Have you hugged your job today?

I think she was just the founder of that chapter of MADD in Illinois... not the actual founder of the organization.

Re: News flash! MADD founder stole!

Originally posted by SGT.BATGUANO
    The Joliet Illinois woman who founded M.A.D.D. after her son was killed by a drunk driver, was arrested for the theft of $48k from the organization.
    That's a shame. Very good organization. Hopefully this won't hurt their support.
    Chet - CBA_VX

Dallas,

You're correct. It's the founder of the Will county chapter of madd. Also, she had already been arrested, today she was convicted.

Also, president Bush says the economy is getting better. Well, maybe if you happen to work for Halliburton.
    Um... yeah, it's a very robust economy. Where in the world have you been?

This Haliburton stuff is so tired and baseless that when I hear someone spouting off about it, it's really hard to take them seriously because I know right away that they're not well-informed. Nothing personal, but just thought you should know.

Robust? Stock market way overbought. No signs of employment recovery. IBM sending jobs overseas by the thousands. More plans to divert funds from Social Security to prop up the economy. Seniors can't afford their prescriptions due to Pharmaceutical lobby and the so called safety issues of importing drugs from Canada that only differ from their U.S. counterparts by having french language on labels. Veterans losing ground on benefits. Largest spending deficit in years. "Children first" program declared a failure.

"Going bust" is more like it.

Unless you have a no-bid contract to supply fuel to the military in Iraq for double what it can be had for just over the border.
    Last edited by SGT.BATGUANO : 01/21/2004 at 04:12 PM

Re: News flash! MADD founder stole!

Originally posted by SGT.BATGUANO

Have you hugged your job today?
    I guess President needs to come back from far reaches of Lunar Station and different Overseas issues and clean the house inside... because 3/4 of my fellow hightech friends in engineering are out of work for 2 years now (including me)... so Mr. President I do not know in which world you live - we live in the real jobless state of economy. I'll give you two guesses but you really need one - whome we will vote in the fall ? Not Mr Bush !
    Andrey

Haliburton just recently received another contract in Iraq.

Wait! I've got it! Why don't we send the illegal immigrants that Bush wants to give our jobs to, over to Iraq to take the jobs haliburtons' employees are doing. Haliburton could in turn, lay off all their high wage employees and take a tax write-off for their former employees' unemployment benefits.

At the same time, that would help drive the wage base into the ground over there, would solve the illegal immigration problem here, and turn Haliburton a colossal profit, creating a.................................

"SUPER ROBUST ECONOMY"!!!

As far as the Haliburton thing being tired and baseless and anyone pursuing the issue is uninformed: how can you say that a "no-bid" contract worth millions to billions of dollars, awarded to a major campaign contributor, that happens to be aligned with a Bush cabinet member is strictly above board?
    Last edited by SGT.BATGUANO : 01/21/2004 at 05:06 PM

Red face

If you need to ask...

Do your homework.

Please,.......... enlighten me.

He's talking about the fact that Hali had "the contract for no-bid contracts" LOGCAP ( Logistics Civil Augmentation Program ) from 2001 and some other stuff about how the Clinton administration gave Hali at least one no-bid contract regarding Kosovo even after they had lost the LOGCAP contract a year or two earlier.

However, focusing on Hali specifically is missing the forest for the trees. The Iraq war has been exceptionally profitable for a whole bunch of companies -- the standard military-industrial complex gang of which Hali is certainly a member but doesn't really stand out from the crowd.

Here's an interesting article about how well a little investment in campaign funds for both parties has done for this group of companies.

Guano is they key word! Because all that comes out of your mouth is factless and baselees SH*T!

Originally posted by Mr. I-MAN
    Guano is they key word! Because all that comes out of your mouth is factless and baselees SH*T!
    Thanks for your expert opinion and your many positive contributions to this site. You're wise beyond your years. You may leave now.

Can you hear me now?

actually I think you are in the wrong place. This Vehicross chat room, not a political soapbox or a place to express religious views, it is a place where people talk about their mutual interest
    "THE ISUZU VEHICROSS" not to spew political garbage or whine about the government. I think the site you are looking for is www.bleedingheartliberals.com.

Thanks For Playing

Missing the details?

Just to put the issue to rest, I am in the right place. If you'll kindly check the forum and description. General Topics> Chit-Chat ANYTHING NON-VX RELATED.

No need get your panties in a bunch here. This is America, where we're free to express our opinions and engage in the art of lively conversation. That's one of the things that this particular forum can be used for, unless Scott decides to change the rules for its use. We're not "maggots" in boot camp here.

Business article today: Kodak to lay off 15,000 employees

Thanks for R-E-A-D-I-N-G
    Last edited by SGT.BATGUANO : 01/22/2004 at 11:16 PM