Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Credit Card Fraud

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987
    Can you get that watched account info in writing? Then you can present that info to potential lenders.

AHA! Spoke to the fraud dept just now. No no no. That woman last night was all wrong. They are not using the card as bait.

THEY PLUM FORGOT TO CLOSE IT OUT LAST MARCH!!!!!!!!!!

The woman last night stated that the account in question was closed out last march and had a "0" balance on it.

The fraud unit guy today stated that it is an open account under my name with a $3k+ balance on it. The best he could do was to flag the account, send me an affadvit, and go through the EXACT same procedures as last year. Until then, that crap will pollute my credit report.

I don't know what else to say, but I am going to state a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Sorry to hear about your cc problem. After, hopefully, you get it resolved you might want to try what I've done. I have a small "budget" checking account that makes use of a debit card (Visa). I set it up just for internet purchases. I only keep what I plan to spend on internet purchases...usually only $100-$200. That way...if someone steals my #'s they can only spend what is in there. I used it on our splendid speedhut group buy...lol. I don't know if someone could use it to initiate Identity theft and get credit in my name or not...but, at least it offers me a piece of mind. Plus...when I bought my MOMO stuff for the VX...the bank called me up to verify the charges as it was suspicious to them.

Hope this helps. By "Budget checking" I am referring to a plan with no checking charges or fees for a minimal amount, but, you can only write say up to 6 checks a month for free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

That's exactly what I do Jolly Roger. I have a second checking/debit account that isn't linked to my others with overdraft that I use just for internet transactions. That way if someone does get it, there isn't that much money in there and they can't overdraft funds from another account. I buy a ton of stuff online - probably 90% except groceries and I'd buy those online if it were reasonable.