Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Lowering our VX

Question

doesnt the new range/land rover have a feature like that?

Originally posted by BigMeatVX
    My VX is the tallest here on the board
    Not for very long! Boarzhead (maybe before you joined) Has a 3" suspension and 3" body lift right now but in order to fit the tires he wants he is going to do a SAS and then a 14" lift! Can't wait to see how it comes out. I think he's going to fit some 44"s under there! ;eekr;
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

AlaskaVX,

That price sounds about right. I was told it would be about double what it costs to install a kit on an import car. That usually runs around $1500. The extra expense would be for the large heavy-duty air bags and the custom bracket fabrication. If I could find a manufacturer of airbag suspension kits that would want to sponsor my VX and build a kit for it, I'd jump all over that. But right now---no mon......no fun!! Oh well back to dreamin'.

Wish I ever took pictures . . .

I lowered my VX 2" and put 20" Enkei Rims and Low-Profile Goodyear tires. It looks awesome and I still have a nice amount of ground clearance. The ride became a little rougher when it was originally dropped, but the wider/softer tires have brought my ride to a happy medium. I am quite pleased with the job I have done and maybe one day I'll even take some damn pictures of the thing. :-p
    - To Err Is Human, To GET SOME is Divine -

CrzyFool, so what springs did you use? Where did you get them?
    -Dave

Originally posted by AlaskaVX
    Not for very long! Boarzhead (maybe before you joined) Has a 3" suspension and 3" body lift right now but in order to fit the tires he wants he is going to do a SAS and then a 14" lift! Can't wait to see how it comes out. I think he's going to fit some 44"s under there! ;eekr;
    Speaking of Boarzhead, haven't seen him around here lately. Anyone know what hes upto? I'd like to see an udate on his project. And I hope he's taking lots of pics as he does that SAS!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Originally posted by Triathlete
    Speaking of Boarzhead, haven't seen him around here lately. Anyone know what hes upto? I'd like to see an udate on his project. And I hope he's taking lots of pics as he does that SAS!
    Just talked to him the other day and it looks like he is going to be doing the SAS in April. He plans on selling me his old lift for cheep (score ) He is having a local shop do it for right around $4,000. I think he said he's going to put 38"s on, not 44"s.

His computer crashed like 8 months ago and hasn't had it fixed yet (reason for his absence). But he's always asking whats going on on the forum.