Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GM Recall - Mid-size SUVs

GM Recall - Mid-size SUVs

Ha! GMAC (Grossly Mis-engineered American Cars) announced a recall for over 600K SUVs, including the one they build for Isuzu (***-ender). I love this part from the article: "About 40 percent of U.S. buyers do not consider buying GM vehicles, GM officials said in May last year when the automaker launched its "Road to Redemption" ads, which acknowledged GM's past quality problems while asserting that its new vehicles deserve a closer look." Too funny! Here's the news: GM Recall
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Smile

Shows what I know - I had heard about the GM wiper issue, but had no clue Volvo and Ford were in bed together. :-)

We here in Huntsville, AL had a Chrysler plant close this week, and the quote from the manager " People arent buying American cars anymore" and was talking like those of us who dont are doing something wrong. I wouldnt drive a domestic car if someone paid me. I even try to keep my family from ever riding in one for safety reasons. The only problem with Isuzu is they have ANYTHING at all to do with GM. After 4 Isuzus, If they dont get their act together my next purchase is going to be a Subaru anyways. I hate going to work and hearing people talk domestic this truck here and that Ford cobra that. I love to watch my friends stock (2.5 liter) STI eat every stock muscle car made on the weekends. Maybe Steve Urkel is considered muscular these days. For every domestic someone tries to talk up, I always think of the highway safety data, recalls, resale, reliability, etc and think of a better import. Hopefully, The big three will go the way of the dinosaur soon. By the way, has anyone ever noticed that domestic lovers are either uneducated, unintelligent, not mechanically inclined, or a combination? Maybe its just me. whew that was a big axe to grind.

Originally posted by MrCrowley
    By the way, has anyone ever noticed that domestic lovers are either uneducated, unintelligent, not mechanically inclined, or a combination? Maybe its just me. whew that was a big axe to grind.
    Please MrCrowley, try to not sugar coat it to much!!

Prior to my current vehicle, I was the proud owner of a 1985 ISUZU P'up. After 140,000 miles my repair bills totaled to $70 bucks. I had to replace a waterpump.

I am still trying to pry the XSF out of Isuzu's hands.

FF

Funny... there is a Hot Rod Magazine in the bathroom at work, I guess from a couple months ago. They have a comparison between the STi and the Cobra. The STi beat it, hands down, in every test aspect... and they still say some Americans just want the look and feel of an American muscle car.

That being said, and I don't disagree with someone wanting something American to support their own... wanting something because it is worse in every way compared to something else that is better in every way is freakin crazy. If someone wants the Cobra because they like the way it looks more, or they like the growl of the V8 better, then fine. But PLEASE do not say it kicks the STi's *****!!!

My M3 can keep up with a stock STi on a dry road. My M3 has a better power/weight ratio than the STi. In a drag race the 390hp Cobra will wreck my M3, though. Humility is a good quality to have.

The STi is nice, sure, but 390hp cannot be taken for granted. The AWD and only 300hp in the STi catch up with it quickly and really slow it down.

OTOH, I've seen video of a *modified* STi run a 8sec 1/4mile.

-Daver
    Last edited by Daver : 02/10/2004 at 03:16 PM
    -Daver

I'm sure the STi is a sweet ride, and a pretty good deal for the money I guess, too. My thing is I just do not like the looks of it. That thing needs a facelift.

BTW, it was for some time my car of choice in Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3 for the PS2 (just got a copy last weekend). Got my VX, but I have unlimited cash in the game (get GameShark folks) and I still can't get the VX over something like 364 PS (hp). It is one of the best-handling vehicles I've used in the game though.

Sorry= I was meaning how awesome the STI is and will be when I get a second car. I mentioned the Cobra based on that article is one of the few commonly read reviews going as a comparo.I told my buddy to get a customized plate that said Mongoose- but he has a little more humility than I. The rednecks must love to seeSoo-buh-roo and scratch their heads as the trunk of one with the big ugly wing does its slingshot routine past .. 3200 lbs, 300 hp, 300 lb-ft, 3 diffs (center driver controlled or "manual TOD" LOL), 6 speed, awd, safest small car(impreza), highest resale and reliability(subaru), 30,000 bucks, 150 top speed, 4.6 0-60, 4 door, .92 skidpad, etc. never seen another stock run out of the hole better. gravel or track. The only other person I have personally met that knows more about scoobies than myself is the Southeast Regional Service Rep for Subaru and he quietly told me after a few questions that the car can "sneeze" and have over 400 HP. He meant extremely simple mods. And when I get it I can really research getting its tranny in a VX. Finally a worthy 6 speed manual with double synchronized 1st and 3rd gear and TRIPLE SYCRONIZED 2ND! It also is one of the only if not THE only manuals with a friggin tranny cooler! I think its built with a one "track" mind- no pun intended. The sad thing is it smokes most "sports" cars and was never originally designed for street! Like the rally Peugeot 3 door hatch rally car from the '70's that did 2.6 0-60----------on friggin gravel-------. This same car ran the course of the 1977 Portugal Grand Prix------------It qualified 6th--------------This same car set the world record Pikes peak climb. Now into todays era along with Petter Solberg winning the WRC action this past year driving for Subaru. So are "real cars" designed for dirt and then somebody says "maybe Ill beat some tarmac guys today?" LOL
    Maybe I shouldnt hint to the fact that possibly '06 the world but maybe not the US will see a 350 hp 3.0 liter biturbo Legacy STI- based on this years legacy (car of the year in Japan)

Hey guys if we all work hard enough- we might be able to save 3 of the best manufacturers and the only 3 left unscathed by "domestic intellect". Porsche, Ferrari, and Subaru. I can only afford to support 1 of the above for now. LOL
    Last edited by MrCrowley : 02/10/2004 at 05:29 PM

Thought you all may take interest in this thread on a Subaru owners' forum...

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread/t-47414.html

There was apparently another one by someone in shock because of a Vehicross claiming to beat a WRX (rallycross, I presume), but the supposed link I found for that doesn't turn it up. Although there is a guy in the above thread who says the Vehicross is his only real competition in the events he drives in.

P.S.- Got it! Seems it was a battle between the vmag board and those Subaru guys...

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ight=vehicross
    Last edited by Heraclid : 02/10/2004 at 06:18 PM

I came pretty close to buying an STi before deciding on the M3 instead.

Heck, if Subaru had been a year faster I'd have been driving a WRX instead of my VX. When the STi finally made it, I looked at it long and hard. In the end I decided to get something a little less ummm....obnoxious looking.

Of course now I want to get my next M3 in Blue and put huge white racing stripes down the middle like the '69 Camaro I always wanted... Oh, well. One can only grow up so much at once.

-Daver

Originally posted by MrCrowley
    Sorry= I was meaning how awesome the STI is and will be when I get a second car. I mentioned the Cobra based on that article is one of the few commonly read reviews going as a comparo.I told my buddy to get a customized plate that said Mongoose- but he has a little more humility than I. The rednecks must love to seeSoo-buh-roo and scratch their heads as the trunk of one with the big ugly wing does its slingshot routine past .. 3200 lbs, 300 hp, 300 lb-ft, 3 diffs (center driver controlled or "manual TOD" LOL), 6 speed, awd, safest small car(impreza), highest resale and reliability(subaru), 30,000 bucks, 150 top speed, 4.6 0-60, 4 door, .92 skidpad, etc. never seen another stock run out of the hole better. gravel or track. The only other person I have personally met that knows more about scoobies than myself is the Southeast Regional Service Rep for Subaru and he quietly told me after a few questions that the car can "sneeze" and have over 400 HP. He meant extremely simple mods. And when I get it I can really research getting its tranny in a VX. Finally a worthy 6 speed manual with double synchronized 1st and 3rd gear and TRIPLE SYCRONIZED 2ND! It also is one of the only if not THE only manuals with a friggin tranny cooler! I think its built with a one "track" mind- no pun intended. The sad thing is it smokes most "sports" cars and was never originally designed for street! Like the rally Peugeot 3 door hatch rally car from the '70's that did 2.6 0-60----------on friggin gravel-------. This same car ran the course of the 1977 Portugal Grand Prix------------It qualified 6th--------------This same car set the world record Pikes peak climb. Now into todays era along with Petter Solberg winning the WRC action this past year driving for Subaru. So are "real cars" designed for dirt and then somebody says "maybe Ill beat some tarmac guys today?" LOL
    Maybe I shouldnt hint to the fact that possibly '06 the world but maybe not the US will see a 350 hp 3.0 liter biturbo Legacy STI- based on this years legacy (car of the year in Japan)

Hey guys if we all work hard enough- we might be able to save 3 of the best manufacturers and the only 3 left unscathed by "domestic intellect". Porsche, Ferrari, and Subaru. I can only afford to support 1 of the above for now. LOL
    if im not wrong i think teh gd8(?) sti got beat by the evo8 in 1/4, 0-60 and skidpad....

and for beating every muscle car ever made...come on now...u gotta show some love for the domestics...
    ________
    SashaBusty live
    Last edited by MZ-N10 : 09/05/2011 at 02:47 PM

Y'all need to come to the Rallycross. I just found out an Evo8 is coming in addition to a gaggle of Subarus.

The VX they are talking about is mine - I won overall in several classes in the Houston series 2 years in a row and I beat several WRXs (without the SC). A lot of it was the driver of course but the VX can make inept drivers better then they normally would be. RallyGuy2k was good competition for sure but it has to be kept on the track to count!

wow...6 seconds 0-60...i didnt even knwo my vx could do tat....
    ________
    Classaction settlements
    Last edited by MZ-N10 : 09/05/2011 at 02:47 PM

Originally posted by MZ-N10
    wow...6 seconds 0-60...i didnt even knwo my vx could do tat....
    What?