Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Midwest Isuzu Off Road Spring Run (Indiana)

Kasia, I got your PM, your not butting in at all, just wanted to post the info for everyone. So far I will be picking john up. We're supposed to work out the details on friday, but I'll probably send an email about it tonight. Anicia is supposed to come if she can get away. She's willing to sit in the back, so no real problems in getting us all three there. Maybe you have an open seat for anicia so she isn't resigned to the backseat the whole time

John, you got mail!!!
    Last edited by omegavx : 04/22/2004 at 08:23 PM

Gill about to run over Rich??

Looks like one of those action shots from the movies. Guy comes flying over a hill and the stunt guy has to jump out of the way. BTW, I think this angle is one of the best profiles of the vx, really makes the front + fangs look mean coming down the hill.

Last edited by omegavx : 04/22/2004 at 12:40 AM

what to bring?

I know how to prepare fot a triathlon but what do I bring to the meet? I've never done this before. Is there anything I should get at the auto supply store brfore Saturaday?
    Hotwheels™ toy come to life.
    www.doubleadesign.com

Fiend!

Thought you might like this.

Red face 4wheelparts.com.. grrrrrrrr

Ya'All, Don't know if I will be making it. I just got back from Chicago and my wife is giving me a hard time about leaving since we are moving next week!!!! Women!

If I don't make it, I will soon connect with some VX crew. I am feeling quite lonely out here in NC.

I wanted to say afew things about the quote that 4wheelparts is the best 4 wheel place. I know that there is one in Charlotte, NC and this is what I have to say.... I spent $2k on parts for my jeep, from springs, to seats, liner, push bars, pitman arms, steering columns, etc... All the accessories get in and I take the jeep in to have it all installed (because I don't have a garage to do it myself) and the freakin company calls me and said they can't cause the jeep has a spring over and they don't work on spring over lifts.... Holy Cow, it was their staff that came out, surveyed my car, recommended the correct solutions, and **** like that... And then they say they can't install any of it!!! PLuS, PLUS, PLUS, they recommended I sell the VX instead of mod it and spend the money I woud have spent lifing the VX and shiz to fix up my jeep!!!! F$*#&$'s

Just a few days!!!
    -The Rave-
    North Carolina

omega: thx for helping John out. Just stick him in a back, and have you sis take the front seat. I think we can work something out if Anicia comes along. I will be happy to take one of them off your hands

Btw, I took that pix Pretty cool, huh? I just don't get why is it so blurry...

doubledesign: check the whole tread. We talked about what to bring somewhere at the beginning.

2 days people!!!
    My Other Ride Is a Puma
    www.mwior.com

Home from surgery and ready to pass out but needed to check posts.

Gill 4 wheel parts suck.If you aren't driving1 of the "prefered" off roaders it's best not to deal with them.You can order off line though and it'll be fine but going to the store is hell.

DoubleA The fading skull is my avatar on the wire although Kasia says she didn't see it...where did you get that one?It looks like it shows up just fine.

Jay I love you man....nuff said.

Kasia.....you get me as usual so no gettin out of it.Who else screams like you going up and down those hills...lol.

Remember people take good pix especially of Omega and Double A...we dont' have them on the site yet....lol.

must sleep now...cya in 2 days
    I got your Jeep thing....now it burns when I pee!

http://www.mwior.com/

SKERD!

I don't have a full size spare! So I have to be careful and take a chance that everything will be fine. I'll look into a CB. With 1 day left I might be out of luck. I'll have my cell phone, some gatorade and a few Clif bars!

o, yeah

Fiend: I just found it on some forum. Not sure which now. thought of yours and grabbed it.

no CB

I did a quick search on Radio Shack.com and found one for $50. Great price but no time for an install. If there is a quick work around some one knows about, I mean quick. I'll pick one up. Otherwise please turn on those cells for my emergencies!

doubleadesign, I waited till the last minute to get my CB as well. I couldn't find the cobra remote power one that everyone recommended here, was gonna install it tonight myself. I had to have gone to like 8 stores, so finally I went back to radio shack, my first stop, and got their cb walkie-talkie. No hookup required, its like $99 and includes everything you need (ie: batter, AA battery casing, DC adapter for recharging etc.) The only thing you might consider buying along with it is a dc car adapater incase your battery runs out. Other then that, the only difference between the walkie and the unit you would actually install is the walkie gets about 3 miles and the installed unit gets about 5 miles. I figured I wouldn't need more then a few miles cause if I'm that far from everyone else then I'm screwed anyway. I also liked the fact that I wasn't tied to my truck and could use it anywhere.

John, lol, I LOVE YOU MAN

Ok, is it Kasha or Kasia?? Have I been butchering your name this whole time?? Anyway, was there any doubt I'd help a brother out??

Anyone know of any actual store that carries tow shackles?? I got my tow strap, but can't find any place that carrys shackles.
    Last edited by omegavx : 04/22/2004 at 05:52 PM

Exclamation I stand corrected!

O.K. guys, 4wheel parts blows chunks (get rid of a VX for a heep?!? Yeah, right!)... however, I did get a great deal on the tire & wheel package, so I guess I'll just order the spare via their 800 # and do something else for our next non-off-roading meet. Yup, that's right I still didn't get a spare! Trusting the Powers that Be once again. Good thing the store at the Badlands carries Pro Comps!
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

Gill, thats three of us without full size spares. Hopfully we dont have a catastrophic tire failure

I know it costs alittle money, but what do you guys think about going to the 500 here in indy in may or maybe even the F1 in june?? Havn't been to a 500 race in about 8 years and havn't been to a f1 race at all. Was thinking about going this year, but havn't really decided. Ofcourse it doesn't really get us in out VX's or anything, but it might be cool.

Originally posted by omegavx

(...)

John, lol, I LOVE YOU MAN

Ok, is it Kasha or Kasia?? Have I been butchering your name this whole time?? Anyway, was there any doubt I'd help a brother out??

Anyone know of any actual store that carries tow shackles?? I got my tow strap, but can't find any place that carrys shackles.

LOL Jay, you too?

It is Kasia, and don't worry about it. As long as you don’t call me Sasha or something ridiculous like that, you can spell my name however you want

And NO! There was no doubt you'd help a brother. I just wanted to know if I can help somehow if it turned out you run into problems picking John up.

About shackles, I just got great idea from a salesman at local sporting goods store. So simple it hit me in the head really hard. Try any rental company with moving trucks - Haul or something in this matter. I am going to check it out tomorrow. I myself am having problem to find tow strap, that's why I asked John to bring his.

I found tow straps at alot of places finally got a 5 1/2 ton one at meijer. They also had them at autozone, pepboys, walmart and believe it or not target. I'll try the uhaul places tomorrow to see if they have any shackles, but I havn't been to one store, vehicle related or not that had any. Couldn't even find a smaller ATV shackle. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place or somthing.

btw, sorry about the name. People always spell my name incorrectly its "Jayseph" and almost everyone tries to correct it like I misspelled it or it was a typo or somthing. They're always like, you mean "Joseph" right?? LIke I dont know my name, so I just get everyone to call me Jay and its easier.