Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Midwest Isuzu Off Road Spring Run (Indiana)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I live by Soldier Field on prairie ave. I might be going if any body from Chi-town wants to meet up and follow each other down.

Mr. IMan

I'll meet up with you. You tell me where. I'm up north from you so we could meet near UIC off Roosevelt. Maybe at the Jewel near the expressway on the east side.
    Hotwheels™ toy come to life.
    www.doubleadesign.com

Thumbs up SO FREAKIN' KEWL!!!

Can't wait to meet all the new VXers that are willing to get 'em dirty! You will love playing in the sand/quary/mud, and next year we will have a convoy to Zu Zoo VIII, right? That means you too John!!! By the way... if anybody wants my cell # (just in case) e-mail me. This is gonna ROCK! Otherwise, get down to the Badlands & turn on CB13. See you tomorrow!
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

I am sooo ready for this...

I owned a Jeep for quite a few years (great auto really) and have done a ton of wheeling in Colorado and Moab.... I am really looking forward to seeing a new part of the country with the new car, seeing how the VX performs wheeling, making some new friends....(sniff)....I don't know any of you, but I love you all so much already (sniff sniff)

HEHEHEHEHE - Any way. I will have a PC and a digital camera, my VX not lifted or a full size spare, but wiling to get agressive if needed.... HOT DOG PEOPLE!! This is gonna be fun. Again - I am at the Red Lion in Lafayette and will see all of you tomorrow. PM me if you want my cell... I already have a couple from the list.

Darrin

Re: D'oh!

Originally posted by doubleadesign
    I was looking at the wrong post time!
    we are on the same time!!!!!! YES! 1 more hor of sleep. My buddy will appreciate that, since we'll be up late playing warcraft with the guys.
    Did I hear LAN?
    RichD
    ------------------------------------------------
    ...because vinyl just sounds better!

Omega I am going to call you here in an hour so this is going to be redundant but maybe others can use the info.

For tow shackles go to TSC.Tractor Supply Company....they have everything you could want...even have a highlift(not named highlift) for about 40 bucks.They have every size you could ever want of shackles.If you can't find a TSC go to Thrifty Supply in Brownsburg.Those are the best places I know of.

As for CB's you are missing the obvious....go to the truck stop.Jay there are several around the city and 2 on the west side.Great prices and REALLY good models.After all,CB's are a truckers best friend...lol.

See you all tomorrow.
    I got your Jeep thing....now it burns when I pee!

http://www.mwior.com/

Lightbulb

I'm going to add to John's post for us in the Chicago area. Try Farm and Fleet for a shackle.
    I got mine from Indy4x4, but it's a little late for mail order!
    I am getting my VX ready to go now. I got a mandatory lunch meeting and have to work tonoght so I'm trying to avoid the last minute stuff in the morning. See ya all tomorrow!!!

lol, ok so driving around yesturday I had to have passed at least 4 truck stops and never once thought to stop and look for a CB. I even needed gas at one point and stopped at a station across the street from a truck stop. Anyway, I got the walkie one and I think its gonna work out really well, I wont be tied to my truck with it, I can take it anywhere.

I'll head out to Thrifty Supply in alittle bit to pick up a shackle. I knew there had to be a place around that had them just couldn't think what store would carry them. BTW, there is a TSC on this side of town, its in plainfield, alittle farther south.

Rich, everything is about last minute for me

We can meet at the dominicks parking lot on roosevelt that is close to the expressway. Name a time.

Talking

Originally posted by omegavx

Rich, everything is about last minute for me
    Yea, but the great thing about off road meets is you don't have to detail your truck!

Iman

I think 6 am should be fine. I need to do some last minute shopping. We might even run into the guys coming from the Oasis!

Does the park provide the flags!? anyone know? how late is everyone staying? anyone else nervous? I am. Make sure you all bring business cards to share.

Originally posted by AnalogVX
    Yea, but the great thing about off road meets is you don't have to detail your truck!

I don't know Rich, I like mine nice and shiny all the time. Even if I am going to make it the dirties VX you've seen

Question: I got a Load Warrior, but this thing is still a bit off to my cross bars. Is it common, and I just have to move it around to center it, or I have the worst luck, and nothing "really" fits my truck?
    My Other Ride Is a Puma
    www.mwior.com

Re: Iman

Originally posted by doubleadesign
    I think 6 am should be fine. I need to do some last minute shopping. We might even run into the guys coming from the Oasis!

Does the park provide the flags!? anyone know? how late is everyone staying? anyone else nervous? I am. Make sure you all bring business cards to share.

hahahaha...
    slow down, it's going to be fine

Call us, and see if you can catch up with us on highway.

And Rich, one more thing. Are we meeting at 5 or 6 am then???

Flags are provided for a price.I really can't remember but I think the flags are like $5 or $10 and you own it.It's a one time thing unless you forget to take it down and drive down the interstate....then you buy another....lol.

Nothing to be nervous about.Just like one of those bling bling meets y'all have except you get to get dirty...lol.

Not long now.

Can't wait to see everyone, those I know and those I dont. Its gonna be tons of fun just meeting up and seeing all these vx's in one location let alone all the offroading we are gonna do.

BTW, expect tons of mud tomorrow. Yesturdays storm had to be enough to make the place one big mud puddle

Crager34, Mr I-man and doubleadesign I emailed you my cell number just incase you needed it.

Looking forward to tomorrow!!!