Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Midwest Isuzu Off Road Spring Run (Indiana)

Scared me for a minute man!!!

I can't wait either and I'm not going to be driving...LOL.I am going to bring my video camera seein's how I am not driving I'll be able to video tape it and show the family.I hope to get crankin on my truck soon.I just talked to my friend and his cast comes off this week and maybe next week we can begin on mine.I think we are going to put the new one-piece driveshaft(which is SWEET by the way)in and drive it to his place for the begining of the MAJOR work.

Can't wait to see everyone...and can't wait to meet all the new faces!!!
    I got your Jeep thing....now it burns when I pee!

http://www.mwior.com/

Whoa... Rich, I almost fell off the chair because of you!!!
    Don't do that again, please...

Originally posted by FIEND

(..)

Go get him Kasia...the mods will only delete your post its not like they will arrest you!!!

10 days and counting

10 RICH....10 DAYS!!!!!

John, first you tell me to stop, then you tell me to go for it... man, you need to make a decision, you are worst than I am when it comes to shopping - for parts of course... ROTFL

Are you driving yourself to Attica and then riding with me?

YES, 10 days!!!

I just got my basket, and I will hace CB installed Friday, and my fairing is in, I am just missing mounts, but hopefully trip to Gallyans will make it work, and.... I have a very upset family member, whom I am going to kill sonner or later... so if I am not in Attica next weekend, send food and cigarets to Cook County...
    Last edited by yal^ : 04/14/2004 at 12:28 PM
    My Other Ride Is a Puma
    www.mwior.com

I can't wait for the meet either, doesn't look like I'm gonna have time to line-x the cladding before the meet BTW, what brand/model CB do you all recommend? Also Fiend, if you can't find a ride, let me know I'd be happy to stop by and pick you up.

Originally posted by omegavx
    Also Fiend, if you can't find a ride, let me know I'd be happy to stop by and pick you up.
    I Thank you much...I won't know until that Friday how I am going to feel if I can drive or not.I hope I can but we'll see.I'll PM you my Cell number and see what we can come up with.Surgery is really putting a bind on my wheelin' time...LOL

Leave me alone kiddo...I was trying to be nice to him because of the whole ride issue....now that that is getting solved I don't care if you irratate him now...LOL

As for a cb preference...what ever I can find cheap!!! I think Gill has one of the better in terms of size.Very small and not hard mounted into your dash like mine.He will have to chime in to tell you what he has.I have the cheap Radio Shack one that hasn't really worked in 2 years(my fault not the radio).I think it's just in what you like.You could get one of those hand held ones like Rich carries with him for just something to use.

Actually if you go to our site it has the cb model's they have in the spec's and pics section.

http://www.fiend.4wdriver.com/

omega: do search on this site, I think sveltax started the tread I got whole info on CB from.
    Rich gave this page: http://www.valcoelectronics.com/cb/c75wxst.htm .
    I know that if you order sometime before this Saturday, they can ship it to you before the end of next week, and you can have installed in time for this run.

Yup, that's the one. Thanks to Moncha for turning us all on to this little unit. It mounts discretely under the driver's seat and disconnects quickly when not in use. I can't wait for this run! Glad to see you'll be joining us NEXT week Rich! See you all then!
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

:homer:
    mmm... next week

I got the same CB. Works great. Mine is mounted behind the dash with the remote plug coming through the lower dash, just to the left of the cd player. It was a pain in the neck. I had to disassemble the dash under the steering column and work the metal backing plate that was under there to get the remote to fit right. For such a small unit, it was sure hard to find a place to mount it.
    RichD
    ------------------------------------------------
    ...because vinyl just sounds better!

Good to see you have your head on straight now Rich...LMAO!!!! I would have hated to see you roll down here and find that you can only go on guided trail runs...LOL.

http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/info_events_april.htm

Unhappy another problem...

So I finally got around to my basket, and now I am a basket case.
    According to measurements it's only longer, but not wider than Load Warrior, but:

1. It looks huge!!! I won't complain about it though, because my spare tire is full size and it looks like I have 39" of capacity for 32" tire, so it all works.

2. The damn brackets don't fit roof rack bars!!!! They are way too small for width of the bars, and I do not really know what to do

I have horizontal mighty mounts coming, but I have no idea if they would work. I hope with my fingers crossed. Meanwhile, anyone has any ideas? I guess the real problem lies in basket itself, the bars that mounts snap on are about a half an inch off to the roof rack. The basket itself is Eddie Bauer, and it's build a bit differently, but I didn't expect it to be such problem...

Re: another problem...

Originally posted by yal^

2. The damn brackets don't fit roof rack bars!!!! They are way too small for width of the bars, and I do not really know what to do

I have horizontal mighty mounts coming, but I have no idea if they would work. I hope with my fingers crossed. Meanwhile, anyone has any ideas?
    I love those mighty mounts. I love them so much I bought 2 sets of each, horizontal and vertical. You'll be suprised what you can mount to the factory roof rack wth a mighty mount! If you need an extra set for the weekend let me know. I'll let you borrow a couple to get you through until you can order some more.

Just a PS, if I am envisioning this correctly...what about using the brackets sideways and fastening it to (2) mighty mounts per bracket.

Rich, you are the best. I might take you on your offer if my mounts don't come on time.
    I shall take a few pic so you can see if I am being just a bit scared of this basket, or it's really too big for my VX.

I had a tough time to understand, what you mean by "using the brackets sideways", but I think I know now. The thing is, it's only one side that would be off... see pics.

One question though. Do you know part number for vertical mighty mounts? I have this feeling, I might have to buy a set...

EDIT:
    I got pics in my galery, cuz I just simply got beaten by the system...
    Last edited by yal^ : 04/17/2004 at 05:50 PM

I like that rack kiddo.Pretty sweet.It dosen't look too big to me.It seems it stands pretty tall off the roof but for the most part all racks do.Looks good.

6 days and counting

I see what you mean about the brackets not fitting. My idea really wouldn't work either. You may have to ditch the brackets all together. Anyway, the part number for the vertical mighty mounts ...
    Isuzu #2-90116-821-0, Description-"wing bar mighty"

Maybe someone else looking at the pics might have a better idea.

BTW, the rack looks AWESOME! I hope you can get it to work.

Originally posted by AnalogVX

BTW, the rack looks AWESOME! I hope you can get it to work.

Thx Rich
    I think so too, but don't want to say it outloud... I really need it to be up before Friday, when I pick up my spare tire. I have an idea, but I need to go to Home Depot and see if they have, what I think could work.

John: Front looks tall because it sits on brackets that don't fit for now. It's about an inch higher than if I was to mount it properly. Besides I already have fairing that will go in front, and maybe this way it will look a bit lower? I do not know. All I know, that I have a problem to mount it, so I am waiting for mighty mounts to be delivered. If those will not work, I guess I'll make a trip to hardware store and see what I can work out.

BTW my CB radio got installed today. Crappy job, but I think I can fix it...

4 Days people.Is everyone ready????Here is a weather forcast for Attica.Dosen't look beautiful but any day wheelin is a good day.The weatherman last night says all rain in the evening but that could change in a second around here.

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USL...=none&pid=none