Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Florida Rally x

Florida Rally x

I'm wondering how many of you are going to the Fla. gathering? I don't think there are many of us down here.I can count the sightings over the last 3.5 years on one hand with a few fingers left over. The Isuzu dealership in Daytona where I worked only sold three during the entire vehicle run.(I'm one of them) It'll be cool to meet family members. Hope I can get away from the shop to go.....See ya all on the west coast(of Fl.) in a coupla weeks. Chopper Black&grey #177

Angry

seems im always scheduled for something when we have events. Im plannin a trip tomiami this weekend (family) so i can put that off. Whats tha likely hood of the event getting put off.

I was planning on making it (and it's at the same time as a convention in Orlando I was also wanting to attend). However it's me an my lady's 10th anniversary and my efforts to convince her that a RallyX would be a great way to spend the occasion has fallen on deaf ears. Sorry Joe, I was hoping the event was either in February or later in March.

-- Best, John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Chopper, actually we probably have one of the highest concentrations of VX's around. Now how many will show for the event is anyone's guess, but here's a cursory review of our site's Florida VXers (and I could be leaving people out)...

Boca Raton 1
    Coral Springs 1
    Daytona 1
    DeFuniak Springs 1
    Jacksonville 3
    Jupiter 2
    Lake Mary 1
    Miami 3
    Naples 1
    Orlando 1
    Palm Coast 1
    Pensacola 1
    Tallahassee 1
    Tampa 3
    Titusville 1
    Winter Haven 1

Just think if we even got half of them to show up for any one meet! And then with a few of the many Georgia VXers in on it too... we could have some real nice turnouts. That's just an unofficial count of Florida vehicross.info members, and there are definitely lots more around we can try to recruit. And I'm pretty sure I've left out some of our members in Orlando and Miami. Some folks just don't get the VX fever like we have - I know of several more in Jacksonville alone who aren't members here and a few who know about the site but just don't seem interested.

John, we'll definitely miss ya and try to get a lot of good footage/pics for ya.

Heraclid; I know a few that are'nt counted as well. Aguy from Colorado moved here( to palm coast) recently with a proton yellow. I didn't know of this site then. A Daytona cop bought one a month after I got 177. Still see her around quite a bit. A green was in the shop some time back,(front end collision) I've seen him since, and one silver that was purchased in Jax as a left over in 02 by a Daytona guy. You are right, there are a few of us here. My son in Phila. (car freak as well) never saw one in the flesh till he came down last year. We are an exceedingly small family.

Sorry guys, to make the RallyCross happen we had to take into consideration other event schedules for all the resources to be available. Today we had the final Safety Inspection and the course passed with flying colors. We also had a visit by an FIA driver who ran the course and came back all smiles. A tweaked WRX gave it a good run as well, in addition to my Dragon and Iron Man. Due to the overwhelming response (even press coverage!) we're having to cap entries to 60 and require pre-registration as well. For those able to attend check the calendar info tomorrow evening as the event site will be linked there and that's where you'll need to pre-register if you plan on running.

If you don't make this event don't worry, we're seriously looking at a series which would mean an event every month. But judging from the feedback online and in person it looks as if RallyCross in Florida has found a home!

In any case, I posted a few photos of today's testing to whet the appetite of those craving some track-time: Fort Meade RallyCross.
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Chopper,

Yeah, when I got mine back in April of last year, I was still unaware that they made any VX in anything other than black, white, and astral silver. I had never seen anything else in town and it wasn't until a few days after I got it home that I found this site and realized there were Foxfires, Dragons, Kaisers, and Protons! It was still some time after that before I saw any of those colors in person.

Joe, that is awesome - really gets the heart pumping - woohoo! :-) So how did your 2 VXs like it? :-)

Is there more pertaining to this event elsewhere online?

Oh, and I know they were practice runs, but how did it look like the VX stacked up against the others?

I hope I get to run it...

Hey Wayne,

Here's some pics from the first Orlando Meet:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/sh...at=533&thumb=1

-- John

im trying to reaarange a few things so i can make it , at least for a few hours so i can see some of the event and talk to some fellow vx owners...and rally car people.. its something ive always been interested in and this is pretty exciting!!
    but the way my job goes who knows, i probably wont be certain i can go until the last minute...but ill do my best...
    Maverick
    99' Ebony VX sold...

John the pictures are great. I had no idea. Here I am feeling like the only turtle in the fish pond, when there are brothers everywhere . Atlanta is a haul from O-town(6hrs?) How many of those were from here... most I suspect.

I was the only one from Georgia, but Shawn and his wife Kathy hiked it from Tennessee! There was one guy who heard about the meet who was from Ohio, read about the meet and has been wanting to test drive and buy one. Everyone else was from Florida, with Alex (-x-) driving the farthest from Miami I think.

-- Best, John

Chopper,

Just re-read your post about the guy in Daytona with a silver VX who got it in Jax. Funny thing is we met a guy (another Dave or David) at one of the Daytona meets - I bet it was the same guy. He said he got his in Jax, and against all odds he just happened to see us on the beach and came on over and chatted - didn't have his VX with him as he and his wife were taking their motorcycle for a spin that day. I remember he pointed to mine and said his looked like that (astral silver). If you see him around, it would be cool to see if he's interested in rallycross and attending some meets.

Hi Name was David White, he has an 01 Kaiser and he's from Ormand beach. He went by the id "David White" on the ClubVMag board - I'm not sure what his username is on this one. He made an enquiry about the clear Miata lights if I remember correctly.

Nice guy - he read about the meet and came by to say "hey!"

-- Best, John

Thanks John!

Joe, after all of this is said and done I'm never going to want to see another Subaru for as long as I live! :-) Crikey, there's a load of 'em coming.

Yep, a whole buncha Subarus. I'm really surprised more VX folk didn't sign up for the course, it's very VX friendly. Well, there's the first hairpin which is tricky... but after that it's VX heaven!;pg;