Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Arizona VX Spring Show and Shine...off road...Dinner!

Originally posted by Triathlete
    We attempted to attend that show about a year ago. A past VX owner knows the person who puts that on and was going to try and get 8-10 reserved spots so that all the VX's could be displayed together. Long story short...it fell through.
    That was me that dropped the ball on the Pavilions car show. I appologize I have been extremely busy lately (the last year or so) and have not had a chance to make the call. I will call and try to arrange something for the fall if you guys want reserved parking or if you want we can just pick a weekend and as long as you show up early we should be able to come up with 8 spots. Reserved spots are hard to come by, but I can see what I can do if enough people are interested.
    Terry Daniel

everytime I have gone we just parked where we could. Since Scottsdale has a lot of surrounding attractions and restaurants I am sure people can get there early and park where there are spaces and walk over to some restaurant while we wait for the crowd to come in. I would love to see more VX up here

P.S. I am VX less but I will be at the Pavillions this Saturday since it is closer to me. Take lots of pics TRI!!!!

Will be arriving in Oracle about 8:30ish tommorrow. Gotta go put the finishing touch's on the VX today.

Good to hear from you again Terry. What Ferrari did you end up getting? To bad you couldn't make a high speed run down to the show tommorrow. Would be good to see you again.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Well, too much to do to take off to drive to Oracle, today. Ya'll do us proud at the auto show.

Originally posted by Triathlete
    Good to hear from you again Terry. What Ferrari did you end up getting? To bad you couldn't make a high speed run down to the show tommorrow. Would be good to see you again.
    I bought a beautiful 1982 308 GTSi Silver with black interior. It is a european car so it looks sleeker and is about 300lbs lighter and has about 15 more HP.

I would love to make it down there, but I am going on a rally that leaves Phoenix at 6:30am and we are headed to Flagstaff over night. I hope to be able to catch up with you guys the next time you have a VX event that is also Ferrari friendly. Or if the offer for a ride on your next off road trip is still available, Maybe I could do that. I do miss the VX, but for the same payment I am enjoying a car I have dreamt about since I was 11. Someday I will have both.

Terry

There is a seat always available for you Terry. Good luck with your rally!

Here are the pics

Well, the turn out was far from what I expected. None of the road guys showed! Only show ups were Me, VCAMILO, and VXCaver. The old faithfull 3! But , it was their loss. We had a good time checking out all the tricked out vehicles (over 200) in a nice, layed back setting.
    Can you believe I got beaten out in the off road category by a rail dune buggy and a heep that had dents the size of my door and 3inches of grease on the suspention (it was a nice "trail" vehicle though). The funny thing was he got made fun of by his club buddies because he blew out a U joint during the parade of vehicles going to the show spot (traveling at about 5--10 mph on pavement). HaHaHa .
    So here are the pics of mine and VCAMILO's "show" rides (VXCaver was only spectating) and some of the competition!

Lining up for the vehicle parade

A sweet 'Stang with a BIG engine

Last edited by Triathlete : 04/17/2004 at 08:19 PM

The black VX definitely looks best in the photos you've posted.

More pics

Gullwings...but not doors!

My VX on the left and Victors on the right (sporting his new lift and tires). Yeah, thats Vic in the orange shades.

...More...

Reflections

The reflected...

...and more...

Can you believe we didn't get "best of show"?

...and lastly

Yeah, thats the white jeep that beat me!

Simply beautifull!!!

Oh yeah, the after show off road trip basically got canceled. VXCaver had to go caving and Victor had a longish drive back to Phoenix. I did however go scout out some trail heads and needless to say my VX is no longer all shiny!

Thumbs up

Ver cool pics and rides! Thanks for sharing with us for those that did not make it. To be honest the whole day since I woke up I was thinking about the show in oracle and how I was missing out.

I did see a Silver VX at Kierland today. Hopefully they will get the website info I left as it was really windy.

Thanks for the PICS!
    Last edited by azskyrider : 04/17/2004 at 09:15 PM

Here the the link to my pictures... click here Yup Yup! The old faithful 3 ;Dp; Thanks Billy I had a good time. But I did get a sun burn from the Arizona sun.