Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Arizona VX Spring Show and Shine...off road...Dinner!

Camping...

For anyone considering coming from FAR away, there's a nice campground about 10 miles from Oracle. It's called Peppersauce Campground, and it's decent for tent camping, etc. 8 bucks a night, I think. Wooded, shady, all that good stuff you want in the desert. I'm thinking of staying over there, and if enough are interested we can check into their group site ($35 per night.) Any interest, let me know and I'll make some inquiries.

HEY!!! VXtasy and Bill Brown if you guys have the time that would be cool. I live in S. Phoenix and will be driving that the show that morning. Its about a 90 minute drive from my apt. We always have a good time off-roading in AZ. Hope you guys are also interested in some off-roading. If you take a look @ my sigmature photo; thats VXcaver's and Triathlete's Vx's in front of mine. We all get along!

Wow, that would be cool to meet some out of state VXers. If you need any help with recomendations for good eats, lodging (cheap to 5-star) or anything else let me know. And even if you guys don't like taking your VX's off road we all have extra seats that your welcome to fill for our little excursion after the show!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Thumbs up VX Bath, Buff and Wax

Okay, with only 2 weeks to go its time to start getting those VX,s ready to show! Bob (VXCAVER) swung by today with the buffer. I gave the VX a quick bath. Bob broke out the buffer and buffed away the "Arizona pinstripes". Some were pretty big but Bob spun them out. Another quick bath and then came out the Zymol. First time using this (everyone that knows me knows my VX doesn't get washed much let alone waxed ) and I was thoroughly impressed. Bob will hopefully post the "before" pics of the scatches. Here are some pics of the after waxed VX. You can practically read the label in the shine. And thats with just 1 coat. Everyone says it gets deeper with multiple coats. She will be looking good come show time!!!!
    Any more confirmations???????

The after wax pics...

For those considering doing the show the $20 fee goes up to $25 on Apr.10.

Pressure, pressure. Took today off and spent my time engaged in sadistic self-torture. :madr2: However, I finished my taxes. The State of California took me to the cleaners. Still unsure about driving out to Arizona. Will have to see how some work related things pan out.

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

Talking

I am still planning on going. Only problem would be if my photo shoot has to move from this Saturday to the next. Oh, and guys, I will probably need names of hotel/motels in the area.

For the car show, did you enter your VX's in the truck or the sports car category?? ;Dp; ;Dr;

Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

I gave my VX a Dawn bath and rewaxed it with Zaino. I dont think I liked it. Its clear and all but from what I remember I think that The Zymol worked better on the pinstripes. ;eekr; Just my 2cnts

I entered mine in the off-road catagory. Would be cool to see you here Anita! What level of hotel are you looking for? 5 star? Motel 6? Something in between. The cheapest I've seen advertised is under $40 a night. And then theres the El Conquestador and a few other 5 star resorts.

Question

Anyone familiar with the Chalet Village Motel in Oracle?

Nope, but I can probably get you some info if you need. The town is pretty small so it will be close!

7 days and counting. Would like to get a final count of everyone who will be there so we know who to look out for and don't leave anyone behind!
    The weather is looking to be in the mid to upper 80's!

5 DAYS!!!!!
    Since the info is fairly vague as far as where the check in point is I emailed the event to get a better idea of where it is at. As soon as I hear back I will post it.
    Got the cladding done this weekend along with another coat of wax! Did the interior except the seats. Friday will be the seats, engine and suspension cleaning and the final wash and wax! This is way to much work! But oh well...can't wait to get it dirty afterwards!
    Last edited by Triathlete : 04/12/2004 at 12:26 PM

why not a local Car show?

Not to undermind Triathlete efforts but just to inform everyone that in Scottsdale Arizona there is a Car show that is free of charge and held every Saturday at a 1950's inspired McDonalds. It is a big car show that brings all sorts of crowds and vehicles. From classics, exotics, to custom Rice rockets and Rockcrawlers. There is no registration, all are welcome to display their vehicle and they play 50's tunes. Being in Scottsdale/Phoenix area it is in close proximity to all fancy hotels and nightlife. The new mustang was debuted there before it made it to the showroom as well as the Prowler. I have been going there every Saturday for 10 years and each time there is always different cars and motorcycles. The Corvette club is always there and the other Saturday the FST trophy truck was on hand for people to sit in. The owner was very nice answering questions. Last Saturday the new Cadillac Sports car based off the vette was there. The owner said he was the first in arizona to receive one. Enough rambling....

Cheers,

PS. The only rule is that you park your vehicle in the right area for your vehicle I.E. classics in the location labeled classics, trucks in the location labeled trucks etc... and NO for sale signs. Thats it!
    Last edited by azskyrider : 04/12/2004 at 12:40 PM

We attempted to attend that show about a year ago. A past VX owner knows the person who puts that on and was going to try and get 8-10 reserved spots so that all the VX's could be displayed together. Long story short...it fell through.
    This is just a chance for all the VXers to get together. In the past many have wanted to get together but complained that all our outings were off road. So here is their chance.
    So, come on down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!