Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Girl VX Owners Roll Call

Girl here

I don't post here often, just look around, but I saw this and decided I would post cause yes I am a girl as well. I didn't really buy the VX it was a present from my dad , so what possessed him to buy it for me I am not quite sure, but I think it's pretty cool. It's not really a guy-magnet. Well I shouldn't say that. As I am driving I get tons of stares mostly from guys, and all my guy friends are jealous that I drive a cooler car than them! So I suppose that would count. As for the job, I am a full time college student. Just started this year, only in my second semester. That's about all!
    Cori

Hello Ladies...
    ...and Gents.
    Since this old tread came back, I'll respond - yes, I am a girl too

I saw my VX at the dealer's, dropping by with my dad and his Ranger. It wasn't even certified or priced yet, and the sales guy had to tell me to back off 'cause I got a little pushy. Later on the dealer showed up at my work - I am playing waitress for the moment, until I finish college - right in the middle of Sunday breakfast rush. Bunch of people watched me negotiating in English and Polish, hyperventilating, and trying to wait tables at the same time. Then I almost fainted as we shook hands on it; I GOT IT!

It makes me as happy, as my husband is unhappy with it. Why? Because VX is what VX is. Not really a "babe magnet", but the strongest looking, finest little piece of machinery I've ever seen.
    And I drive it! It suits me. We understand each other. A perfect mach, I would say.
    My Other Ride Is a Puma
    www.mwior.com

What the heck, I'm a girl too. And the requisite answers:

1) I saw my first (and only) VX parked in Tennessee and knew I wanted it. I was driving a reliable Dodge Dakota at the time, though, so I knew I'd have to wait. Luckily enough circumstances changed and I was able to buy my VX. I don't know what I'd do if I ever saw another VX in person - (hope I don't pee all over the Recaro seats!). I'll be keeping my eyes open for all of you

2) Don't know if it's a boy magnet - only had it for a month and a half. I do know that boys are the ones who break their necks trying to look at the VX, though!

3) Archaeologist working for the Eastern Band of Cherokee.

I love the VX. Strong lines, a mean disposition, perfect proportions, innovative design, powerful handling, and beautiful lines all contribute to my love of this machine.

Cool! I was up there in October with my wife for a short vacation to celebrate our one year anniversary - got a few pics in my gallery. We didn't get out west of Asheville like we wanted to due to time constraints. Basically went up to Mt. Mitchell and back, checked out Grandfather Mountain, Linville Caverns, Chimney Rock, Biltmore Estate. Beautiful, beautiful country out that way. Next time we'll do the National Park, Oconaluftee, Unto These Hills, Maggie Valley... stuff out that way. And I always have to hitch a ride in a helicopter up around Pigeon Forge.

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329

Irrelevant, but amusing...

As I was reading this thread... that new Chevy truck commercial came on.
    The one with the 5 guys riding along in the truck, while the the guy in the center rear seat is singing along with Shana - 'I feel like a woman'
    The rest of them move uncomfortably away from him...

Talking

Yep, my brother-in-law sings along with that song whenever he hears it, but he has an excuse at least - he is autistic. I like Shania Twain a lot, but that sure isn't the one I blare. :-)

That new one with the Chevy vehicles going up onto the car carrier is cool with the new SSR at the end spinning and backing up onto it at speed. Reminded me of the way KITT backed off the trailer at speed and spun around and sped off on Knight Rider.

Shame there isn't a better girl-guy ratio, we could start a VX dating service

;Dr; My mom is never on the board so Im saying "HELLO!" for her. and making her count.

Damn shame the girl that I have seen around this area with the Ebony doesnt pop up on here. Then again, a girl that looks THAT gorgeous HAS to have a man already.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

from another VX chickie...

In 2002, I saw an classified ad in the Columbia SC paper for a 2000 “Vehicross.” It was in the SUV section, and I had wanted a “sit-up-high” vehicle, so I turned to the web to find out what the thing was. It was love at first sight!

The woman who sold me her VX bought it brand new in Charleston, SC. She was a 60ish older woman from Long Island whose family had started Castro convertible furniture. She had several automobiles, along with 36 little yappy Chihuahuas at her farm in Orangeburg, SC. I bought the truck from her in June 2002.

I love the curves and style of the VX. I like the two door feature, the cladding which give it a two-tone appearance (mine’s red mica) and the shiny big wheels. Most of all, I love the fact that in both cities that I’ve lived (Columbia SC and now Columbia, MO) I am the only VX in town!

I am highly entertained by the stares and attention that I get while driving my VX. In South Carolina, I called it my “dude magnet,” because it attracted a lot of attention from (rough-looking) males. I could go in grand detail about who liked what –some like the wheels, others the spare tire hump, etc… -- but I won’t.

At a stoplight once, a guy in his brand new “Element” was admiring my VX and I rolled down my window and said, “gee, you’re car’s almost half as cool as mine!” (And last week, my VX was mistaken for the new Porche Cayenne by my very gay hair stylist.)

I moved to Missouri in August 2003, after having lived in South Carolina for 18 years. Here in the Midwest, the attention I get is a bit more toned down, but I do still notice it. (And here I have to call my VX my “mullet magnet.” )

My line of work is higher education. I have been a professor of Statistics for 19 years. I have to stay current with computers and software, so that makes me a lifelong geek. (Hell, I remember the days of PDP1150s and punch cards!) I love all electronic gadgets and toys. When it’s warm, I ride long distance bike rides on a cool Trek bicycle made out of carbon fiber. I have a 14 year old Sheltie, a 9 year old dachshund, and a 7 year old cat. That’s about it for me…

(I have just re-read all that I have wrote here, realizing that it won’t be just us VX women who read this post. I think I’m still safe…) :bgwp:

Thumbs up And yet another!

Great to see so many females who love their VX's as much as I love mine. I was starting to worry about mysef - thought I was having a midlife crisis or something. I have never LOVED a vehicle in my entire life . . . until now. Back in September I knew it was time to buy a new vehicle.... my Mitzubishi was getting ready to retire. Couldn't find a darned thing that turned my head, but knew I wanted to NOT dread snow anymore (getting a lot in Connecticut lately) and I still wanted my vehicle to look sweet. NOTHING fit the bill, until I ran into a VX while scrolling through E-Bay. Had NO IDEA what a VX was, but KNEW I had to have one. After much reading and research, I was even MORE convinced that nothing but a VX would do. Found one only 3 hours away and went up there with check in hand. I KNEW I was not coming home without it.

What's the attraction? It's just SO DARNED SWEET to look at, and equally as fun to drive! I feel safe in it, I have fun in it, and I am always proud to walk up to it in a crowded parking lot. It's not a practical "family vehicle" and since my kids now have cars of their own, I don't NEED to be practical. This is basically a two-seater vehicle which is just fine with me.

I'm an Executive Assistant in the front office of a large company, and I just love the fact that while everyone was panicking today wondering if they'd make it to the office tomorrow with all this snow, I calmly and smugly was able to say "I know I'll be here."

She'll plow through and look darned sweet doing it, too!

(OK, so maybe it IS a midlife crisis - so what!)
    Sue

Sue,

if it is a midlife crisis, at least you know that youll be going down hill in style and kickin *****

Another girlie in the pack

Another spunky girl who loves her VX. I'm an artist and all my friends say they couldn't see me driving anything else. It fits me perfect and it's proton yellow so you can see me coming from 100 miles away. I love it because it's so rare around here and everyone is always gawking at it and asking me what it is. I'm here to tell the world about our kick *** VX's!!

Hi Ladies,

Just dropping by to say hi ! Keep on going and counting and adding to the great gang of fellow VXers !

Just two days ago I saw a girl driving Proton VX on Cambridge Street in Cambridge, MA I jumped out of my store and waived at her and asked to join vehicross.info so hopefully she will stop by here.

Best of luck to ya all !
    Andrey