Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Haunted VX?

Haunted VX?

I've never seen anything like this before, but this morning I discovered my VX sitting in its parking space, running already. Doors were locked, keys still in my pocket. It somehow started itself. I could hear a beep beep inside the truck.

Has anyone ever heard of this before? Is it possible the truck had a remote starter installed before I purchased it? And if so, what would the device look like? I'm clueless on this one, but its definetly creepy. Now I'm going outside every ten minutes to see if its happened again.

I don't belive in ghosts, but this was way too spooky!

That, my friend is the COOLEST thing I have ever heard!
    Formerly VxRaNgEr

That sounds like one VX that is ready to go. Very weird?;eekr;
    "Lead, follow, or get outta my way!!"

Check around under the dash on the drivers side.... Most remote start units are a lil black box... You could also find your ignition wire and see if anything is tapped into it. Ive never heard of anything like this happening tho and Im an installer... Although my home stereo has a habbit of turning itself on at full volume in the middle of the night... There is no explination as you have to select the source you want, then power, then the volume(i ALWAYS leave it turned down)... Let us kno what you find!

Definitely the strangest thing I have heard about the VX. I hope it wasn't running for an extended period.

most remote starter units can be set to start automatic if the temp. gets to low ! pull the cover under the wheel and look at the wires off the ing. switch to see if there has been any added it`s going to have a remote starter !!!

I've seen this happen before Bob. It sounds like the work of kmones!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Okay Billy... what's a kamone?

I'm still baffled by this. While searching out the above suggested boxes and wires I noticed a little antenna behind the rearview. That's normal, for the remote, right? Or do I have spyware installed in my truck? Now I'm getting paranoid.

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987
    The rearview ant. is not normal.

Maybe the previous owner kept a spare remote and now wants his truck back

This is so funny! Dude, I tell you, our VX are just plain cool, maybe our VX is really a spaceship designed by alien who now wants it back.

ok, I know, my joke is not that funny...

Try to trace that rearview mirror ant. back to the source... Id say its an antenna for an aftermarket remote start system.... It may be seperately fused so you can pull it to stop the unwanted starts....

Latest from Dale Gribble News

Last Friday here in Las Vegas car remote signals were jammed Keyless encounters of the weird kind

Today, one week later, more evidence of car signal jamming a few miles up the Colorado river.

Calculating the angular momentum of the earth over the last week, I suspect overflowing radio signals from a source in the Bull nebula, perhaps the posterior section.
    I Loved My Space Buggy

Can you take a picture of this antenna by the mirror for us to see to ensure you are not confusing it with something else and wste your time tracking it down?

Also, what type of alarm do you currently have installed? After market or Stock?
    Live Free or DIE!

Here's a photo of the little antenna. It's just behind the rearview and the wire dissapears under the headliner:

About my alarm, as far as I know its the stock alarm, but it's never worked or I've never figured out how to engage it. The keyless door opener works fine.

Now I'm really interested in this Las Vegas Bull Nebula Colorado River connection! Hmmm.... Ghosts... or aliens?

Lightbulb

Looks like an aftermarket remote start to me!!

Dave
    Dreamers of the day are dangerous people, for they
    dream their dreams with open eyes, and make them come true.