Originally posted by Joe_Black
Not to beat up on the Amsoil guys, but Mobil-1 ATF has a proven track record (military, industrial and agricultural history) that's hard to ignore. Amsoil is the only other true synthetic, but you really have to wade through their literature to figure out which of their products are or aren't using synthetic base-stocks. IIRC they (Amsoil) have no background or track record with military, industrial and agricultural service.
I'm not sure if these statements are entirely correct...
http://www.amsoil.com/company.htm

I've done a lot of research on synthetic lubricants and I've decided to use Amsoil in my Jeep, VX, Jetta (wife's), and my R1.
I'm wondering what makes you guys so into Mobil 1?

I've been reading Mobil 1's website and they mention nothing positive about extended drain intervals. Actually, they mention that it is possible, but they don't recommend it as they say to follow your manufacturer's drain intervals.
Amsoil touts the quality of their oils as well as the extended drain intervals.

IMO, extended drain intervals is one of the main pro's of using synthetic fluids... right?

I don't work for Amsoil or anything like that, I just started using their stuff about a year ago and I really like it.
I just don't understand why some of you guys are so big on Mobil 1 when Amsoil is just as good if not better.

Joe