Thread: UK Vehicross - Europe different?

UK Vehicross - Europe different?

Hello!

I know that there are a few Vehicrosses out there on the roads in the UK and Europe.

Are your headlight lenses made out of plastic or real glass?

I am tired of the plastic crap fading. I want to find a set made out of glass.

-Fred

hi

they are plastic of sort yours have faded mine are ok

strange

just a thought, as i spent a little time yesterday polishing my headlight lenses only yesterday.
    i have some slightly discolored areas around the top area where the "horn" is, what i found is that there was some minor pitting from road debris (probably sand) and that pitting was /is collecting dirt , that seems to be causing the stains.. basically, their getting sandblasted..
    I used some plastic polish(from .Griots Garage ) and a soft cloth cloth and it helped. it takes some elbow grease, and i have to work on it more. i followed that up with some plastic cleaner(bought from griots as well) and It definately made a difference and the pits/scratches in the area i did are far less visible now.
    Im wondering if that 3m type super clear shield like this can be made to fit our headlights, but i havent checked into it yet. Once i get them completely polished , il call around and see what the vendors say...
    but maybe this will help..
    Maverick
    99' Ebony VX sold...

It is a UV reaction that is occurring on the plastic - WSG has had the 3M stuff on his hood and lights for several years.

TEXNTEG Guest
    megauir's makes a plastic polish that works great. i have the jdm 1-piece headlights on my integra. they were an upgrade, but had plastic lenses instead of glass. i sanded them down a little when i first got them. now, i use the polish every six months and they look great.