A question. For normally aspirated vx's I have a question. I am getting a cold air box fabricated (that is getting spec'd for general purchase later), in the stock fitment. My question is (Tone, Cyrk, Sgt. batguano) where is most ideal to establish the intake for fresh air, besides an induction scoop in the hood as the other thread suggested. My speed shop guy near Tahoe suggested due to the low pressure at the nose of the car, this is the most ideal environment, but the aperture to gt the air in in less then clear.... What I proposed to my guy here in LA, is to mount a small 6 inch induction cowl on the driver side mounting into the stock hole via the stock box/snorkel... If done right could look cool, but maybe wack too, and might capitilize on the low pressure environment, thus the ram air deal. Another note- my rally/speed shop guy in Carson said not to use the stock hole/aperture from the front wheel because he felt the wheel at speed creates a vacuum/venturi affect actually sucking air away from the wheel, thus the induction hole in the wheel well. That environment is less then ideal for good air draw.... Just what I was told but does make sense... anyone???