Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Black Rock Mountain 2004

It's exactly an hour from my house I believe (I live at the crux of I285 and I85). It's a straight shot up I85, to I985, which you stay on all the way up to Clayton (it changes names a couple of times but it's basically the same road - no turns). From where you live, there's probably a much faster route. You should bring the dogs - last year Lori brought hers (there are no park rules against them - and they would probably enjoy the woods!)

The park is located right in the corner of the state where the Carolinas and Tennessee border, due north. There's a path going up 400 but I'm not sure about it.

-- Best, John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

We had dogs last year...I think they'll be fine
    carlymac '99 IRONMAN , #0278, Hendersonville, Tn.

I'm for sure in. I am headed to Indiana for a VX meet around the 24th of april (I think) so before or after better!!!!

I am excited, another VX meet close to home!!!
    -The Rave-
    North Carolina

We'd better start getting a head-count together to reserve the camp sites. We can get two to three VXes on each parking pad, with enough space for 6 people per campsite. I think we reserved 3? last year and 11 VXers showed up,

Original thread from last year here:
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ght=black+rock

Some highlights here:

Park Info:
    http://gastateparks.org/info/blackrock/

Dyanni's recon info about the park here:
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...k&pagenumber=2

If you want a site away from the group or a cabin that's fine too. Just call the reservation phone # 1-800-864-7275. Remember this park is one of Georgia's spring jewels and will fill up quickly!

I'm hoping that once again Carl will become the point man and site host, as he did such a great job last year. If anyone else is interested in coming early, there's a great opportunity to fish, hike and see some of nature's finest.

We also try to do some pot-luck meals that turned out spectacularly last year! The weather was wet (you're basically at an altitude that puts you in a cloud) overnight and cold, brightening up to beautiful, brisk sunny days (after the initial night), so you will want to bring a variety of clothing (both for cool and warm weather).

For those interested, this is also an excellent meet to look at and install mods, as well as get your feet wet in some light off-roading. The area is also some of the most beautiful, scenic country that you will ever have the hope of seeing (my opinion) - a perfect location for a little get together. Hope to see you at the Gap!

-- Best, John

John,

thanks for the details. Right now it is just me and my dog coming on the trip. However, I have had a few friends express an interest, and may have one guest. For now, count me in for one VX and one tent.

I am considering coming up early too, but I am just thinking coming Thursday evening through Sunday... If I can be of assistance, let me know!

Raven

Question

So, like, is this "official" yet? I'm getting anxious and need to plan!;pg;
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

I need to check with Carl and see if he's up to being the early bird/site host. Carl can you give me a call or write me an email?

I'm ready to get moving!

-- Best, John

Hey guys been a bit busy at work...John I'll email you in a day or two just need to check a few things out before I commit. Everything looks good for now though....carl

O.K. Gang...I'm A Go!!
    BLACK ROCK MOUNTAIN HERE WE COME!!!

John, I sent you an email but, it was returned a fatal error...probably my cheap government email account Anyhow I'll be able to go down on Thursday morning the 15th and set up base camp. The sites are aquired on a first come first serve basis however, reserving sites ensures that we get a site not necessarily together but if I get there early I can try to claim the number of ajoining sites we'll need If you have questions or concerns email, PM or call me at home (615)824-6050. This can be the best meet yet...

Gruven, get your days off lined up Nashville's music industry can do without you for a few days...Oh and call me, the numbers above.

All other VX'ers, I'll need to know if you are planning to camp out. They allow two tents per site. And six people. Let me know A.S.A.P. if you want to camp and what nights you'll be staying and I'll have the sites in order for your arrival. I believe the fee was around $15+- a night and there was a per vehicle park pass that needs to be purchased. I'll have all the exact figures in a day or two. But I need to know how many sites to reserve soon so to get ajoining sites. Like Johnnyapollo said there are cabins that you can reserve if the tent thing is too rustic for your taste.

See ya' at the GAP...carlymac
    Last edited by carlymac : 03/17/2004 at 11:48 AM

Hey Carl,

Then the official dates are April 16-18th, with the actual "meet" happening on Saturday the 17th.

I'd like to try getting the same campsites we had the first time. Were you able to get those because you were there early or did you reserve them before hand?

-- John

I'm in, arriving Friday day with a tent for two and my dog. I'll be staying through Sunday.

Attending:
    me and a guest
    Dog

Look forward to seeing you all there!

I've posted the event on the Calendar. The official meet day is Saturday April 17th. The whole weekend is open for VXers as participants will begin arriving (with Carl to set up) on the 15th, leaving the campgrounds on the 18th.

-- Best, John

Anyone for hitting up Tone for a supercharger sale for the event?

reservation info

Heres the latest for the VX'ers who wish to camp at the meet. The sites are $19-$21 per night and there is a $2-$4 per vehicle park pass required for any vehicle at the park. I will make reservations on Friday April 2nd to ensure everyone interested has a site. Again, we can have two tents per site, two vehicles per site and up to six people per site.
    I have NC_VX down for FRI night and Sat night, one tent, two people and a dog.
    Anyone who wants me to reserve their sites ahead of time and try to get all the sites ajoining please post or PM me before Friday April 2nd. I need the site requests ASAP so I can figure out how many sites we'll need for each night...carlymac

Come See

and you will all get to see my new vehicle:
    http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/sh...papass=&sort=1