Thread: New ascender engines

New ascender engines

they got a 4.2L V-6 pumping out 275hp 275 lbs of torque
    and a 5.3L V-8 pushing 290hp and 325 lbs of torque on the new ascenders....was wondering if they could be dropped into a VX
    How you gonna stop me im ill-literati/ im like an ill-mariachi wit an automatic shotty/ like tony montana to yo body/ now you really dont wanna come and test me/ i spit verbal fusilades im headin crusades/ to weed out all the fakes like it was da salem witch trials/ yo @ss betta run or else you gettin baked at the stake/ and that'll put a smile on mah face/

Probably not easily....those are straight GM engines. Ask Coachreed how easy THAT is!
    Formerly VxRaNgEr

TEXNTEG Guest
    hell, they are GM suv's with a new grille and badging. uses the GMC envoy interior.
    plus, a better warranty.

I would expect the V-6 to go fairly easily in comparison to the V-8. The good news from my understanding... is that if they are indeed the counterpart of the Trailblazer, Envoy, and Bravada, they should be outfitted with a 4L60E transmission a transfer case that has the wanted/needed right hand from drop. With that being said, the 5.3L has the same physical dimensions as the 5.7L I am putting into my VX... will it fit? YEAH! But it won't be easy. I am getting close but this little knee injury has me totally screwed... not looking good to make it to Moab for a debut. I am looking at 4-6 weeks of physical therapy for a torn PCL and partially torn ACL of the left knee! OUCH this sux! Anyway, yeah, you could make it work... but those drivetrains aren't gonna be cheap... at least not for awhile... they just made it to the street... gonna be awhile before they are over-abundant in the salvage yards.

TTYL!

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am)

Undergoing LS1 Coversion as we speak!
    Click Image to Visit My Website!

I'm pretty sure that's a straight 6, but I'm not positive. That's the new GM I-6 270+ HP

I have heard of the I-6 that GM has and I guess its modular because the I think I heard that there is an available I-5... sounds weird to me... not positive though that there isn't a V6... whatever though... if it has the 4L60E and the Isuzu T150 Transfer case (right hand front drop) they would be a good alternative for the VX IMO.

TTYL!
    Coach... aka Randy! (I often forget who I really am!)

My 2000 Ironman VX!... Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/60/18's on stock 18" rims, Power Vault Muffler, Tone Monday's custom tow package, OME 912 Springs, custom audio/video/multimedia computer system in the works! Transformation to LS1 V-8 Power as we speak!
    My Webshots Gallery...

Originally posted by coachreed
    I have heard of the I-6 that GM has and I guess its modular because the I think I heard that there is an available I-5... sounds weird to me... not positive though that there isn't a V6... whatever though... if it has the 4L60E and the Isuzu T150 Transfer case (right hand front drop) they would be a good alternative for the VX IMO.

TTYL!
    Colorado and other S-10 replacement pickups get the I5, Trailblazer and other siblings get the I6.

Yes, it's modular.

-Daver
    -Daver