Page 109 of 197 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 119 159 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2953

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

I can't speak for the shops in SoCal, but the answer to your parts question is that it's a mixed bag. The VX body panels are 100% unique to the vehicle, but most everything else internal (engine, interior, etc.) is shared with the Trooper, Rodeo, Passport, SLX, etc. and can be had fairly easily. You'll have to search (or ask specifically) for more info on certain parts, but the general rule of thumb is that cosmetic items are hard to find, mechanical items are somewhat easier.

On the shop question I would try to contact some folks in your area. Try using the member map to find members in your area:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/vbg...hp?do=showmain

You might start with member rickshaw.

Welcome to all the New and Future VX owners...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

I want my 2001 Ebony back.

I frikkin WISH I had them. Before this site was put up we would post on another Vcross forum and that's where I left all my info I believe. Black on black/grey 2001 out of Boston.

If found, please return ASAP. Nevermind what the guy chasing you says. It's still mine dammit.

Did you use the same username on that site? I'm thinking that you might mean the VX Lounge site, but I can't find any mention of your current username, Boston, Massachusetts, Andover, etc. Maybe Knigh7s got rid of some of the old posts?

Hello

Well, I remember this car from a long time ago, and it left and impression on me. Not a truck guy. My passion is my third gen RX-7 that is currently going single turbo.

Work forces a potential move to one of the snowiest cities in the country, Syracuse NY, and so this car came back to my mind.

Have parused the forum for a few hours, and looks like getting one will be an adventure. The dealer in CO, looks like a good option.

Hope to have one of these if I have to move to eskimo land.

PS: full disclosure, it did not seem to be any other way to get on the forum if you did not put a VX you have. So I just used a random number and it took it. Be glad to do it another way if need be.

Thanks

Ebony 1999

Just bought my 1999 VCross from a local guy here in Iowa, Have been researching these for a couple of weeks. I liked the style of these don't like to drive something that everyone else has on the road these definetly fit that description. Have alot of idea's already and some things i am looking for

The POV just had a rebuilt motor put in so we are good there..
    1. Looking at lift kit with new shocks ( Was told there was someone on here that had this kit for sale)
    2. Need the piece for the windows so they go up straight.

I am also a member of BigDogBiker forums so this is nothing new to me Me and my Wife both have custom choppers that we ride when we can Thanks for all the help ahead of time..

Kelly Foss

Welcome man!

For the lift kit there aren't any vendors on the site, but tons of direction with a simple search. Try it out, there is a great thread that breaks down each lift option very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kfoss8 View Post
    2. Need the piece for the windows so they go up straight.
    Ask and ye shall receive.

http://www.streetboutiquecustoms.com/vx.html

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Thanks that is it, also found the link to complete lift kits. What about hitches? What is the towing capacity on these? Where can you find a work manual for these ? Sorry so many questions lol

I got a Kurt hitch and installed myself, I think it looks great and no trimming needed on the back plastic. Lots of people here will search out a Tone hitch, works the same but requires some trimming since it sits so much closer to the body of the truck. Most will say it looks better, I can't really agree with that. Either way, the manufacturer should provide specs as to what the hitch can handle, but the VX's handbook (I believe) says these trucks aren't designed for towing. Even though several have done so with success.

Ya I'm with Bob, I had a Reese hitch on the back of mine and really liked it (liked it better when it had the silver trim ring around the receiver, first offroad trip knocked that off lol). As far as towing, I towed this about 500 or so miles with no issues, just drive safe:

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/s...0802211658.jpg

S who wants to help me find my old 99'? I have to say, I miss it, last 4=1209
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Did you use the same username on that site? I'm thinking that you might mean the VX Lounge site, but I can't find any mention of your current username, Boston, Massachusetts, Andover, etc. Maybe Knigh7s got rid of some of the old posts?
    Nope, I believe he is refering to the old forum that was the predessesor to this one. Most of us old timers were members there. Unfortunately that site is long gone and lost forever...nothing was archived.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Barker View Post
    I got a Kurt hitch and installed myself, I think it looks great and no trimming needed on the back plastic. Lots of people here will search out a Tone hitch, works the same but requires some trimming since it sits so much closer to the body of the truck. Most will say it looks better, I can't really agree with that. Either way, the manufacturer should provide specs as to what the hitch can handle, but the VX's handbook (I believe) says these trucks aren't designed for towing. Even though several have done so with success.
    I think the Curt/Dylan/Reese/Hidden Hitch bar-style hitches look best on a lifted VX, while the Tone style hitches look best on a stock or near-stock height VX. Larger hitch set-ups tend to detract from the overall rear appearance IMHO, but that effect seems to be negated on taller rigs.

The VX manual recommends against towing, but I believe Troopers with the same frame/mechanicals are rated to either 3500 or 5000 lbs. (somebody help me here). I think the consensus is that Isuzu recognized that there were additional dangers posed by the VX's shorter wheelbase, so they didn't want to leave themselves open to a potential liability. Regardless, many many members have towed with their VX. You can PM tom4bren or etlsport for starters.

My '98 Trooper was rated at 5000 lbs. HTH.

Sam