Page 125 of 197 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 135 175 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2953

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

I want one SO bad!

Hey guys/gals, my name is Kate and I am in the market for a VX but thought I had better know exactly what I am getting into before the big purchase. I am here in order to learn everything I can before deciding on the one for me! The VX would be my 3rd 4x4 and would be stored in the winter to save it from the salt on the roads here in MN. I think they are so awesome that I can't imagine putting them through the salt!

I am originally a Jeep gal. I wheel my rig pretty hard off-road, and damage is kind of expected. My biggest worry about the VX is the accessibility of parts. I fear damage to a body panels due to a rock/tree/deer/snowbank, whatever. If any of you can shed light on costs and difficulty of repairs please let me know! Like I said, I am used to the abundance of parts both original and aftermarket for my jeep and is the #1 reason I am doubting buying a VX. I love the VX and can't wait to be the owner of one, but I am running a little scared right now.

Thanks for everyone's insight on this website and I can't wait to dig in and start some major research. Please give me any advice you think is important for a VX hopeful!

Quote Originally Posted by jeeperkate View Post
    I am originally a Jeep gal. I wheel my rig pretty hard off-road, and damage is kind of expected. My biggest worry about the VX is the accessibility of parts. I fear damage to a body panels due to a rock/tree/deer/snowbank, whatever. If any of you can shed light on costs and difficulty of repairs please let me know! Like I said, I am used to the abundance of parts both original and aftermarket for my jeep and is the #1 reason I am doubting buying a VX. I love the VX and can't wait to be the owner of one, but I am running a little scared right now.

Thanks for everyone's insight on this website and I can't wait to dig in and start some major research. Please give me any advice you think is important for a VX hopeful!

Hey, welcome to the VX board! Lots of info here and many VERY knowledgeable folks, always willing to help. Check out some of these threads.
    If you have other specific questions, shoot me a PM as I have saved many posts and threads on various topics and I might be able to shoot you some info to start with.

1) Here's an overview of some VX issues (I wrote it to another prospective buyer and just copied it again).
    http://vehicross.info/forums/showpos...52&postcount=4

Here's the thread it came from, it has some more info:
    http://vehicross.info/forums/showthr...141#post186141

2) Another really common problem is with the windows. They start binding and often jump the track, the clips that hold the glass break off, sometimes the motor burns out under the strain of trying to push the windows up. Here's some with an overview and some info:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...65&postcount=8

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...window+binding

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...+binding+track

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...window+binding

3) Another tool that can help you is this detailed questionnaire we developed last year. It can be used when you're evaluating a VX to buy. It addresses many very specific issues that have arisen in the VX over time.

http://vehicross.info/forums/showthr...+reinforcement
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Many of us wheel our VXs and damage usually isn't a problem. The cladding protects the lower part of the body and it scratches but doesn't easily dent like metal. At this time, its pretty easy to locate a junked VX if you really do some damage. However, there aren't too many aftermarket sources so many things you can buy for a Jeep (like a spare tire carrier ) have to be custom fabricated.

Good luck with the decision, I sold my Jeep for a VX and haven't looked back

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    Many of us wheel our VXs and damage usually isn't a problem. The cladding protects the lower part of the body and it scratches but doesn't easily dent like metal. At this time, its pretty easy to locate a junked VX if you really do some damage. However, there aren't too many aftermarket sources so many things you can buy for a Jeep (like a spare tire carrier ) have to be custom fabricated.

Good luck with the decision, I sold my Jeep for a VX and haven't looked back
    Thanks for the replies!

I think I have decided to definitely get one, now it is just to find the right one! This will make the 3rd 4x4 in my collection and it would likely get stored in the winter so that it wouldn't see the road salt here in MN. I currently store my Jeep all winter and am very thankful that I have. It makes it SO much easier to work on when I break things on the trail! I'm not sure if I will off-road the VX too much, it might just be my summer vehicle.

I have a friend that does custom fabrication, so hopefully that won't be too much of an issue. He currently makes all kind of extra parts for the Jeeps in my group so I am sure he would be willing to try designing for the VX!

Anyway, I sure hope I find the right VX for me soon. I can't wait to have one I can call my own and join this group of VX lovers!

Hey guys/gals, my name is Kate and I am in the market for a VX but thought I had better know exactly what I am getting into before the big purchase. I am here in order to learn everything I can before deciding on the one for me! The VX would be my 3rd 4x4 and would be stored in the winter to save it from the salt on the roads here in MN. I think they are so awesome that I can't imagine putting them through the salt!

Welcome. I hope you get yours in less time than it took to get mine.
    "THEORETICALLY, STILL A TRUCK!"
    2001 VX
    Mods

2008 HUMMER H3

Quote Originally Posted by H3_VX View Post
    Welcome. I hope you get yours in less time than it took to get mine.

And how long was that?? I'm hoping not more than a few months, but I will wait for the right one!
    '03 Honda CR-V (DD) - '05 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - '01 Ebony VX!

A smile is like tight underwear, it makes your cheeks go up!

I have to pull my engine for a rebuild. Has anyone done this without removing the transmission, exhaust etc.

And how long was that?? I'm hoping not more than a few months, but I will wait for the right one!
    took him about a year....
    VX KAT
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon.Vincent1 View Post
    I have to pull my engine for a rebuild. Has anyone done this without removing the transmission, exhaust etc.
    My tip for the day...for what it's worth....
    You'll get a much better response if you post your technical question in an appropriate thread, not the "Introduce yourself" thread....

Also, you'll find quite a bit of info on rebuilds, replacing, trannys, etc... if you use the search function. This site has tons and tons of great info, do some searching you'll find a lot.
    VX KAT

Hello,

I am Nigel, a long-time enthustiast of the venerable VehiCross, and look forward to learning and contributing to the preservation and use of the capable four wheel drive vehicle.

Ciao.

Welcome to the addiction. Hope you have many years of fun behind the wheel ... & on the keyboard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

wwnomad here

HI, my name is Mark and I live in SF Bay Area. I am entering the market for a 4x4 to use on muddy roads. I am a private river runner and some of the best whitewater rafting is the day after it rains, and on rivers whose access is dirt roads. (my 2005 2wd Tacoma wont cut it) I have always been interested in the Vehicross since it was introduced. Now my challenge is to find a way to test drive one, before I do more research into buying one. Is there anyone out there that would allow me a test ride? I would take you rafting!

Mark,

According to the map, it looks like member RabidPony is the closest to you. Send him a PM to see if he's interested in rafting.

Also, on the home page is a search function that you can use to search for other members in your area (not everyone put themselves on the map). The search function is on the left side of the screen. Use the drop down to select Members on the first field, leave the second field blank but check the box for advanced search. On the next screen put CA in the state box & then search. All Cali members will show up & you can peruse to find others in your area.

Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Welcome to the addiction. Hope you have many years of fun behind the wheel ... & on the keyboard.
    Thank you!

^this guy looks familiar...