Page 127 of 197 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 137 177 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2953

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Hello Fellow VX Enthusiasts.

I'm a 2001 VX Proton owner (currently Feb '12) based in the Greater Chicago Area. I'm an employee of AT&T and I fortunately get to train commute to downtown Chicago so my VX doesn't have to travel "to and from work". My job with AT&T has nothing to do with cell phone service so pls forgive me if I can't help you there.

The interesting thing about my 2001 Proton Vehicross is that it was the last Proton sold in the USA, in July of 2002 from a dealer in Cincinnati OH. I have made 0 modifications and everything to this day is to stock, save the normal wear and tear items.

I look forward to chatting w you all! Ty for hosting (and maintaining) such an awesome site!

Quote Originally Posted by Sangio View Post
    Hello Fellow VX Enthusiasts.

I'm a 2001 VX Proton owner (currently Feb '12) based in the Greater Chicago Area. I'm an employee of AT&T and I fortunately get to train commute to downtown Chicago so my VX doesn't have to travel "to and from work". My job with AT&T has nothing to do with cell phone service so pls forgive me if I can't help you there.

The interesting thing about my 2001 Proton Vehicross is that it was the last Proton sold in the USA, in July of 2002 from a dealer in Cincinnati OH. I have made 0 modifications and everything to this day is to stock, save the normal wear and tear items.

I look forward to chatting w you all! Ty for hosting (and maintaining) such an awesome site!
    Welcome to the addiction.
    "THEORETICALLY, STILL A TRUCK!"
    2001 VX
    Mods

2008 HUMMER H3

Question

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Congrats on getting one! Was it local or did you have to drive/ship it home? Pics Pics Pics!!!

I lived in Long Beach for 15 yrs, so I know your very well.
    I gotta say...I'm most perplexed by your creative screenname.....
    Hi Kat,
    My screenname comes from a song praising my first car love - Lil GTO.
    My wife and I met when I lived in Belmont Shore. At that time I had a brand new 86 Landcrusher.
    Tried to upload pics but no luck. Will keep trying.
    Found my VX at a car dealership in Garden Grove.
    Looking to upgrade the wheels/tires - my question is 17's or 18's

Quote Originally Posted by 3x2x4sp389 View Post
    Hi Kat,
    My wife and I met when I lived in Belmont Shore. At that time I had a brand new 86 Landcrusher.
    15's
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by 3x2x4sp389 View Post
    Hi Kat,
    course it all depends on what your plan/taste is...street, off-road, somewhere in between, lift, no lift, wider tires, etc...etc...etc.....???

I can only recall a handful of owners with 17s....but many with the OEM 18s, often go down to the 16s" cuz there's far more choices and much less costly.

For reference., the OEMs have a positive offset of +38...so keep that in mind when selecting rims. (the other specs are listed here too)
    Several have rims with 0, or even a little positive offset...obviously, pushes the rubber out quite a bit.
    IIRC "MileHighVX" has 0 offset..(or was it +6 ), check his gallery for good pics of 18s with that offset.

I have OEM 18s with 285/60-18 tires...so bigger rubber, but no change in offset etc...
    OEM size is 245/60-16 for '99, and 18" for '00 and '01.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Hello out there, I just purchased a 1999 Vehicross, runs great, good condition for being 13 years old. Everything works needs some speakers, but hey thats expected. I believe unless you can change my mind that the forum is old and most posts are years old. I think people have lost interest. I have spent hours looking thru the chat, photos, etc. I'd like to correspond with others, and post some photos. I think the Vehicross is a neat vehicle ahead of its time. I wish I could get some add ons like the skid plates and a front BRA. and maybe find a gathering one day. But with only about 4300 imported for the
    three years, Iam sure that number has dropped significantly. Anyway I hope to be able to correspond with others in the future. Have a Great day VXers Brad from FL.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Ummm...WELCOME.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bcb9112001 View Post
    I believe unless you can change my mind that the forum is old and most posts are years old.WHAT???? I think people have lost interest. I have spent hours looking thru the chat, photos, etc. I'd like to correspond with others, and post some photos. I think the Vehicross is a neat vehicle ahead of its time. I wish I could get some add ons like the skid plates and a front BRAuse the search function and maybe find a gathering one day..Like MOAB in may ...??? But with only about 4300 imported for the
    three years, Iam sure that number has dropped significantly. Anyway I hope to be able to correspond with others in the future. Have a Great day VXers Brad from FL.
    I think you'll find a pretty active group here.
    OK its not 1000's...but start at the Home page...use the search function...

...and I think you'll see .

Welcome to the addiction!

VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

I believe unless you can change my mind that the forum is old and most posts are years old.
    Naaaaa...we're here...

Still answering the same questions that have been asked about a million times...

Sometimes taking flak for recommending the search function...

Look around, see what's available in the "how to's" & "downloads" sections.(remember to tick the box to "from the beginning")

Enjoy...

Welcome...

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Hello out there, I just purchased a 1999 Vehicross, runs great, good condition for being 13 years old. Everything works needs some speakers, but hey thats expected. I believe unless you can change my mind that the forum is old and most posts are years old. I think people have lost interest. I have spent hours looking thru the chat, photos, etc. I'd like to correspond with others, and post some photos. I think the Vehicross is a neat vehicle ahead of its time. I wish I could get some add ons like the skid plates and a front BRA. and maybe find a gathering one day. But with only about 4300 imported for the
    We're slowing down, three responses in 16 minutes. We need to work on keeping this community active.

All for fun, I'm just giving you a hard time

...and welcome to our little community

What VX? Rodeo Crew Cab, Jackaroo chassis, Supercharged 3.5, Navara tub (!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    We're slowing down, three responses in 16 minutes. We need to work on keeping this community active.

All for fun, I'm just giving you a hard time

...and welcome to our little community
    I posted something in 1973 - still waiting for a response
    The answer is more power! What was the question?

Quote Originally Posted by Robbomaz View Post
    I posted something in 1973 - still waiting for a response
    Got ya response right here mate...

Oh crap, we're supposed to act nice in front of the new guy...sorry Rob...

UK owner!

Well i am here now!...putting in my intro' via my smart phone from a field somewhere in England!
    When i get back to civilisation and my laptop, i will be back with more about myself and my newly purchased Vehicross...speak soon , thanks,Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by fildigger View Post
    Well i am here now!...putting in my intro' via my smart phone from a field somewhere in England!
    When i get back to civilisation and my laptop, i will be back with more about myself and my newly purchased Vehicross...speak soon , thanks,Phil.
    Are you a crop circle...

Welcome...

My VX experience

I've been smitten with the Isuzu Vehicross from the first time ever I saw the concept in a magazine maybe twenty years ago now, blame that me being a hopelessly wandering romantic artsy fartsy wannabe speed racer science fiction nerdy fan boy. By the time I saw my first VX in sheet metal it was 1999, I was living in New Jersey, newly married, had my first son and was rocking what I thought was a pretty bad *** Mitsubishi Montero Sport Limited fresh off the showroom floor. Until the guy in the Proton flashed past me on the 1 and 9 rocking my world! Then I tried to convince my wife to let me trade the Montero in for a Vehicross. I showed her the commercials, the magazine articles, I begged, I pleaded, Promised I would feed it and clean it, take it for walks and always love it…All to no avail, sure she thought it was cool too, however she wasn't convinced it was the best car for a growing family, and she wasn't moved by my professed love for the VX since when it came to cars (and women, lets be honest) I have what can be called politely, wandering eyes. It didn't help at all that Isuzu was being pounded to death in the media either. In the end I let it go and moved on with life, the VX only popping up in my daydreams and wanderings across the internets. Since then as my wife predicted, I went through cars like I go through candy bars ( eclipse spider, escalade, conversion van, x-type, s2000, golf tdi just to name a few). I stuck with the wife though! Flash forward to a few years ago when we moved to the Gainesville area, there was a guy with an IronMan that I would see every now and then that rekindled the flame. Finally in a moment of extreme weakness (my wife calls my mid-life crisis) I bought my own IronMan from some super shady used car dealers in Tampa. I did a carfax on it to confirm that it was a florida car for its whole life (starting out in Miami), no accidents reported, the chassis was straight and, the body and interior were in pretty good nick, the ac was frosty etc. I took it for a test drive and knew something was up with the engine, I didn't think it was that big of a deal though, so I jumped into the fire with both feet. The VX made it back to Gainesville no problem, then the check engine light came on and I took it to my mechanic to get a verbal beatdown about how bad a decision I'd made without consulting them. To make a long story short I wound up doing an engine swap for a refurb with a 100,000 mile warranty. So far I've pretty much debugged the whole VX, painted the oe rims black, upgraded the stereo, added a back up camera, and almost fixed the power window issues…all with the help and advice from the cool folks on this site. I'm not a joiner at all, however between the car and the invaluable info gleamed from the group I've been convinced to jot down my little adventure so far with the Vehicross…I'm glad I came finally into the fold, thanks for having me, and to any fellow VXers in Florida or anywhere else for that matter hit me up sometime

WELCOME to the nut house Hank...