Page 155 of 197 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 165 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2953

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Talking VX Admirer from Dallas Texas

Hello to all. My name is Greg, I am an admirer of the VehiCROSS from it's introduction. My girlfriend wants to trade off her Nissan pickup and she was intrigued when I suggested we go in halves on eh VX. She likes the way it looks.

Problem is all the vehicles for sale are 100+ miles away. Do any of you live in DFW? Maybe I can buy you lunch and you can show your VX off to Danielle.

Ooooooooooh, halves? Scary!
    3" suspension lift, shocks: Rancho 9000, tires 33"x11.5", wheels 16"x8", offset= 0, no front sway bar

Welcome. I hope you find the right VX for you.

You can click on the member map (left column on the home page) & see what members live near you & contact them by PM to see if they are interested in meeting up. The map is voluntary though so it doesn't list all members in your area.

or

You can use the search function in the left column on the home page. Select 'Members' from the drop down, click on 'Advanced Search' & Begin Search. On the next page, enter city and/or state & search again. That'll bring up members in your area & you can find one close by & contact them by PM or email about meeting up. As you scroll through the members in your area though, pay attention to when their last visit to the site was. If it's been a long time since they've visited, then they may have sold their VX.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

or you could just get names of some of the active members in that area . . . . .

( OK Tom, I'm a little biased, cuz I miss living in Dallas so much. Guess you taught him how to fish though!)

Scott Harness lives in Dallas (I think he's down by the M streets)
    Tomdietrying (Tom) is in Dallas
    Dumke (Rob) lives on the FT.Worth side
    Gonzo7231 (Joel) lives in Plano
    FlyingV77 - Dallas

The first 3 are long time owners, and have many mods too. You'll find this group is a pretty darn friendly bunch and happy to help prospective and current owners all the time!

Good luck with your search!

p.s.- MANY of us had to buy long distance because of how few there are. I bought from VA, shipped to AZ. Some fly to the place and drive home, some ship.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    or you could just get names of some of the active members in that area . . . . .

( OK Tom, I'm a little biased, cuz I miss living in Dallas so much. Guess you taught him how to fish though!)
    Well ... I rolled with his handle & gave him 10% of an answer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just bought a 2000 Vehicross at auction in California. Paid $2,700 so I'm dying to see what mechanical condition it's in. Exterior/insides look great. The car shipper gets here in two days to deliver it to Austin, TX. Either I'm going to be very happy or searching for a mechanic.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by CSieber View Post
    Just bought a 2000 Vehicross at auction in California. Paid $2,700 so I'm dying to see what mechanical condition it's in. Exterior/insides look great. The car shipper gets here in two days to deliver it to Austin, TX. Either I'm going to be very happy or searching for a mechanic.
    Fingers x'd its not a heep !

Do you know miles, does it run?

What auction was it?

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It was at blok auto. Apparently a charity auction of some sort in LA. It has 144k, and was test driven and passed a California exhaust test. That's about all I know. I figured I'd roll the dice for $2,700... I'll know this Friday when the car is dropped off. I'll make sure to take some pictures and give a report on its mech condition. I'd appreciate all the crossed fingers I can get!

Colorado Ironman

Found this site years ago. Had an original 99 silver Vx that some kid smashed into on my way up skiing a few years ago. Totaled that. Found a 99 Ironman on eBay and spent a while mixing and matching parts before letting the silver hulk go to the insurance company. Been driving the Ironman since but it needs some work. But still more fun to drive than any other vehicle I've ever owned.

Welcome back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thumbs up

Thought I would introduce myself here and give my story on my VX experience.
    Three years ago I had a 99 VX, I traded in my modified Geo tracker in for it cause I wanted something safer to drive around during the winter months in Pullman Wa. Was listed at the dealership for $10.5K with 71K on the ODO. I traded in my tracker and talked them down to $7.1K out the door because it needed new tires and the battery was corroded up. Had the stock 18" chromes and was light grey with the red/black interior. I instantly fell in love with it!
    Well about a year later I was driving from Seattle WA back to Pullman WA(across the state) at about 3AM...I fell asleep at the wheel and ended up rolling my VX. According to the driver who witnessed the incident on the other side of the freeway(heading the opposite direction), he said I rolled a total of seven times! I landed on my wheels and funny thing was the engine was still running/idling like a champ!
    I came out unharmed besides whiplash, some cuts on my left shoulder and a seatbelt burn. I had to crawl out of the window as the door was crushed shut.
    Not a day goes by that I don't miss the hell out of my VX! I am now on the hunt for another one, and as most of you know it is not easy to find one in decent shape that is for sale. I may have found one decently close to where I live and I am currently going back and forth with him. Hopefully he decides to trade me!

Good luck with that Red and welcome back.
    3" suspension lift, shocks: Rancho 9000, tires 33"x11.5", wheels 16"x8", offset= 0, no front sway bar

yeah red, welcome back. and many VXers on this forum are willing to go check out a VX for you if it's close to them.

Don't forget the checklist to help ask for info on the truck!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

hi there. i'm from europe, Latvia. my story of VX start in 2007, when me and my frend 'have a too much mony in bank accaunt' and we bougth vehi for offroad compation. we modificiated VX with winch, lift, 33" tires and ride offrod for 2 years. from 2009-20012 i'm forget about this car. it was in garage for 2-3 years, because there was a problem with engine electonics, but last year we fix it. last month i bought another demage vx, and at this time i want to make from 2 vx one nice and original vehi for non offroad driving I will try to put same pictures how job is going.

P.S.
    where i can buy white flashers ??? i have original yellow.
    P.S.S.
    Sorry for my bad english, i have been in US 10 years ago for 6 months, i forget a little bit.

Thanks