Page 156 of 197 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 166 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2953

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Welcome ANDERS ... nice story.

No worries about your english. You probably speak it better than I do.

Here's one thread on the lenses you're looking for:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ght=clear+lens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

1999, Leadlock...lol Red Rock, 3.2 JDM, 1598

Smile Yeah I own a Vehicross!!!

Only taken 4 months of scanning the internet but wow was it worth it!!!

My vx is a 99 3.2 and I can only describe it as.........

Y E A H ! ! ! !

It's totally awesome!!!
    Ok this motor is 14 yrs old but other than the registration you wouldn't know. It's mint!!!
    Paint work, interior, wheels, underneath, engine bay...... It's like it's 4 months old not 14 years! Did I mention it's got under 40,000 miles on the clock, with a folder full of documents confirming the miles!

Dream come true.

And the sound of that exhaust! (Can't be standard, it sounds like a 4.2 v8 not a 3.2 v6)

I'm so so happy!
    "Can't you tell"

I actually own a piece of ultra rare automotive history!
    How many Audi, Vauxhall, BMW etc etc owners can say that!

(Now I just don't want it to break down... Lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne1ed View Post
    And the sound of that exhaust! (Can't be standard, it sounds like a 4.2 v8 not a 3.2 v6)
    The previous owner may have installed a Powervault PV1 or 2 catback exhaust. I've got the PV1 and love the sound.

Yeah, you sound like a happy owner, and sounds like you picked up a real winner!
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Hey, I'm Tracy. I've had my silver VX a little less than a year now. I've always wanted one and found it way too close to me and way too cheap to pass up, so I got it. I'm in Joplin, MO where there are at least 4 others that I see around. I also have a 1966 Barracuda, 1986 928, and a 1992 850.
    Vehicross 3.5L V6 / 850 5.0L V12 / 928 5.0L V8 / Barracuda 4.4L V8

Just Joined

hello, everyone. I sure am glad for this site. I am a 55 yr. old male from Penn and love gathering 4x4 Japanese ......oddities lets say. I have so far a 1985 Suzuki samurai Tin Top $500. purchase price. A 1996 Suzuki X90 $1000. and now a 1999 Isuzu Vehicross for $ 900. all three are in decent shap and run and drive. So I am looking forward to everyones input as a bring the VX back to full glory. thanks again

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    WOW....

Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
    and now a 1999 Isuzu Vehicross for $ 900. a
    .... insanely cheap price for a 'decent shape' runner!

Do tell the story on that one!

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Exactly! We need the story! I got mine for $1000 but "running" included an incredible engine knock (spun bearing) and a fair amount of rust and abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    WOW....

.... insanely cheap price for a 'decent shape' runner!

Do tell the story on that one!

Jo

Hi there. I am a new vcross owner. Just bought my 2001 yesterday. 97K miles. I am sad to say that today I had my first mechanical issue. After it warms up it doesn't want to shift through gears on its own. I can manually shift through gears but if I start from a stop in D it revs to 2000 rpms and basically puts forward. As if its trying to take off in a high gear. Any other issues like this? Also, having the intermittent high rpms. I am totally in-love with this little Zombie Assault Vehicle. Want him to feel better.

First congratulations on your new ride.

Second: I had a similar thing happen recently to my VX, this can be caused by low transmission fluid, and/or the neutral safety switch/Transaxle Range switch Circuit

Code:P0705 Transaxle Range Switch Circuit

Go to this page to see the codes: http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ighlight=P0705

If you do not have a diagnostic tool most auto parts store will read the codes for you, if you cannot get them to do it PM me or send me an email I am in Denver and I have a code reader and I can read the codes for you if you can get it to me.

Isuzu does call it a neutral safety switch. http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...?t=7506&page=2
    8-96017-511-0 "Neutral Safety Switch"

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...OSS&vi=1373554

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...mString=search

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...hedFrom=header

I am pretty new here so I suggest that you post about this here http://www.vehicross.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8

I am sure you get lots of help.

1999, Blue (Astral)5 spd VX #1396 ; '01 Proton 0753
    Welcome fellow Colorado VXer!
    You may want to search these forums and do a fair amount of reading up on the tranny issues. I think the trans is definitely one of the VX weak points. Another being oil consumption so keep a close eye on your oil level until you know how much it uses. The high RPMs are probably a fuel pressure regulator, if it's a problem replace it.
    Cheers,
    Scott
    There's no 'I' in denial.

The thing with the high RPM is that the NSS (neutral safety switch/Transaxle range switch) did cause mine to have high RMPs and act like it wanted to take off on its own when stopped at a light. Basically when the glitch starts the VX will get a high RMP and then when you let off the brake it kind of takes off like you are giving it gas, it did kind of freak me out I had never had this happen in any other car before so it was new to me.

A few times it would start acting up while driving if I was coasting at say 30MPH it would accelerate on it own and quickly go from 30 to 40 it kind of felt like a runaway VX. I was not a huge deal as you can easily slow it down just by braking but it was strange to say the least.

The other thing was when it was acting up when I put it in park the RMPs would get even higher. If I turned off the ignition and waited a few minutes sometimes I could restart it and it would then act normal again, and stay that way for 10 minutes or a couple of days, so it was hard to find the problem.

I do not know how many miles his VX has but mine only had 60K on it when it did this.

After replacing the switch it was fine for a few days and then it started acting strange again so I rechecked the trans fluid (total pain in the *****) it was only a little low so I filled it and cleared the codes. So far it has been about 2 weeks and has been normal.

I still do not trust it though I am hopeful it is fixed.

This problem caused me to get compulsive reading disorder and I looked up and read anything I could find on this issue, so like I said PM me or email me if you want the whole story I spent at least 3 weeks reading up on this strange anomaly/problem. This post is already too long and I have a lot more I can tell you about this problem from the beginning to today.

Compulsive Reading Disorder - Good one!

Is the NSS also called the "mode switch"? - - seems like I recall reading some posts about the irregular/high RPMs and the mode switch was involved.
    (but I could be wrong - -just thought I'd toss it out there - - so he would have more reading to do )
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Compulsive Reading Disorder is the only way to describe it, when I do not know something I feel compelled to learn about it even if I am up all night reading everything I can find until I know I have learned all about the said thing.

Yes it is sometimes called the mode switch, so if you are having a similar problem you will have to look for topics on all the different names this switch is called.

I also forgot to mention that I had a remote start/alarm installed before this problem started and I had a problem with a Trooper I had after installing a remote start. Coincidence? Maybe, but I wonder I hade to replace the stitch under the console in the Trooper that also controlled the shifter and allowed the key to be removed, when the Trooper had a malfunction the RMPs were not affected but when the switch went the key would no longer come out of the column.

I am not sure it was because of the remote start but it was confirmed it was the install that caused the problem.
    Last edited by CatFish : 10/26/2013 at 01:05 AM

Quote Originally Posted by ZAVior View Post
    Hi there. I am a new vcross owner. Just bought my 2001 yesterday. 97K miles. I am sad to say that today I had my first mechanical issue. After it warms up it doesn't want to shift through gears on its own. I can manually shift through gears but if I start from a stop in D it revs to 2000 rpms and basically puts forward. As if its trying to take off in a high gear. Any other issues like this? Also, having the intermittent high rpms. I am totally in-love with this little Zombie Assault Vehicle. Want him to feel better.
    ZAVior, for the transmission problem, try pressing the "Winter" mode switch.
    If that has accidentally been pressed down, the vehicle tries to start off in 3rd gear to prevent wheelspin on icy roads.

Cheap and easy fix if it works, and "someone" might have accidentally pressed the switch when cleaning around it.

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

The winter button doesn't stay on when pressed. Seems to not like 2nd gear. Had transmission fluid checked while getting oil changed today. They said it was pretty low. Still having same problem though. Guess extended warranty might come in handy.