Page 158 of 197 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 168 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2953

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

It's alla way out in AZ but VX KAT is selling hers. Probably one of the best maintained VXs out there so you'd be getting a reliable rig. IIRC, hers was originally from VA so if you get it, it'll be coming back home.

There's also an Ebony for sale in Philly that looked pretty good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by Booklady1 View Post
    I am currently living in the Lowcountry of SC and planning to spend the winter in the NC Blue Ridge. So I'll need a vehicle that can handle snow, ice, and mountains. Once the VX appeared on my horizon, I haven't been able to see anything else.
    Any purchasing advice will be greatly appreciated!
    VX Kat's thread re her car for sale

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=24956
    3" suspension lift, shocks: Rancho 9000, tires 33"x11.5", wheels 16"x8", offset= 0, no front sway bar

Hi, all! I joined way back when and then lost this site. My 99 VX is still running well. Other than some minor normal maintenance issues and some cosmetic stuff, she's holding up. I'm thinking about doing a little restoration work to get it back to it's original state. Perhaps I'll look in the parts threads to see who has what and post what I need.

1999 Victory White Ironman #1187 & 2001 Ebony #1122
    Hey everyone. My name is Don. Currently looking to buy a VX. I'm kind of an attention whore when it comes to vehicles so the VX is right up my alley. I've owned a 2002 Axiom (ex wife got it) & currently own a 1990 Amigo that I use for playing in the dirt. I have wanted a VX as an upgrade for the Amigo for some time. I was really interested in Kat's but I contacted her the day it sold. (I would have even kept the purple accents) Hope you don't mind if I lurk about.

Smile

Hello all,

Hmmm...where to begin. The name's Jeffrey, but family calls me Eppy. Friend call me Epex or just "E".

I had an accident in Pasadena, CA on October 6th, 2013. The other driver ran a red light and T-boned my just bought used car (Toyota Corolla S)of 2 weeks, 150 miles driven and still a full tank of gas (sigh... on that last one).

The accident left me a bit weary of smaller cars. I've been looking for something a bit beefier. Choices are Saab 9-3 2.0T and a Volvo XC90/S60.

I was look at reviews and say an article saying something about "ugly cars that never should have been made" or something like it. Lo and behold, I fell in love with the VX. I just found this site the other night and only today did I registed and quickly looked at the sales thread.

I was looking at member skcorssorcihev's sale thread. http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=25019
    Hopefully my claims check arrives and I can make a deal. It's in my price range and I have to account for an additional $1000 for transporting to SoCal.

I would be appreciative for any info/advice I am given regarding matters such as the VX, transport to SoCal, life in general, and etc.

California VX

Just FYI, there are about 4 or 5 listed in California on Craigslist right now.

Hi, I'm just new to this forum too. It is also a great place to discuss new things here, share experiences and voice out our opinions about a certain topic. Good day everyone and hoping you'll enjoy your stay here also

Newto the VX game

Hello, A few months ago I bought a 2000 VX and have loved it. We had to take it in to the shop to have the CV axles replaced. The shop could not find the drivers side inner CV axle and after ordering 9 different ones finally got the correct axle from Autozone. Now the shop will not work on my VX again. I hope parts aren't this hard to find in the future. My wife already wants me to sell it.

Order the parts online and find a shop that will just put them in for you. Or of course try your own hand at it I was able to do my own work which was minor, but some larger stuff on an old Subaru I asked a shop if I could order the parts and just pay them for labor and they were perfectly fine with that. Even helped me and made sure I got the right one.
    EX OWNER 2000 Foxfire

1999, Blue (Astral)5 spd VX #1396 ; '01 Proton 0753
    Quote Originally Posted by knfmkr View Post
    Hello, A few months ago I bought a 2000 VX and have loved it. We had to take it in to the shop to have the CV axles replaced. The shop could not find the drivers side inner CV axle and after ordering 9 different ones finally got the correct axle from Autozone. Now the shop will not work on my VX again. I hope parts aren't this hard to find in the future. My wife already wants me to sell it.
    Welcome knfmkr
    Is that Knife Maker?
    My advice would be to get rid of the wife not the VX. It will be much cheaper in the long run.
    Scott
    There's no 'I' in denial.

Hi, I'm new to the forums here. I am looking at buying a 2001 VX with ~ 115k miles or less. I've seen a few which appear to be in great shape but am primarily concerned about the engine due to a lot of various reviews I've been reading on the web.

I currently own a 92 Toyota SR-5 Extra Cab pickup which has 162k on it and I am thinking of selling it and buying a VX. I don't use the truck bed much anymore and have a small half ton trailer (made from an old Mazda truck bed) which I can use if needed to pick up wood, plywood, etc for house projects. Anyway, I feel its a good time to sell my truck after having just done a lot of big maintenance to it and I have always wanted a VX. I also have a 2 year old son now and this is a huge factor as I really need the extra room but I did not want a mini-van or 4 door SUV either. We only have one kid and already have a 4 door car. With the VX at least all three of us could fit in it on those few occasions where we all need to. Other than that, it would primarily be my "cruck". I would actually love to get something like a 2008-2013 Toyota Pre-Runner 4 door truck but I just don't want to invest that much ($20k +) right now in the way of cash and payments. I can however get a VX for ~8k or less which I can easily swing right now. I totally love the VX.. BUT...BUT...save for all bad things I've been reading about major engine problems with the oil burning / cylinder ring issues. In other words, I don't want to buy a looker that is really a lemon under the hood. Something on my shoulder still says DO NOT stray from Toyota.

I realize all cars have some issues and hang-ups. There are a few on my truck too..but nothing so major as burning a quart of oil every 1,000 miles. At 162k mine eats maybe 1/2 quart every 4,000 miles which is totally within acceptable limits for her mileage. The horror stories I've been reading about the VX engine ring issues has me extremely concerned. I'm almost thinking if it DOES have over 100k on it, that its probably a good thing???

My main questions are this: Is there anything in particular about the VX issues that can assuage my fears? What are the main issues? What should I check and look for? Is it very, very difficult to get parts? Are they really expensive because of the limited run on these cars? Lastly, is there a top 10 list of immediate changes or modifications which should be done to make the VX better or last longer? In other words..I need to be sold on the large and small details. I'm already sold on looks but it's what I don't see that scares me.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Hi..sorry you had parts issues

Quote Originally Posted by knfmkr View Post
    If you use the search function here...or if you cant find an answer..ASK..

...you'll find that most parts/fix-it scenarios have been discussed and solved !

For example :- http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=24109

Hope this helps

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    A fellow San Diegan....

Quote Originally Posted by SimSamurai View Post
    Hi, I'm new to the forums here. I am looking at buying a 2001 VX with ~ 115k miles or less. I've seen a few which appear to be in great shape but am primarily concerned about the engine due to a lot of various reviews I've been reading on the web.

I currently own a 92 Toyota SR-5 Extra Cab pickup which has 162k on it and I am thinking of selling it and buying a VX. I don't use the truck bed much anymore and have a small half ton trailer (made from an old Mazda truck bed) which I can use if needed to pick up wood, plywood, etc for house projects. Anyway, I feel its a good time to sell my truck after having just done a lot of big maintenance to it and I have always wanted a VX. I also have a 2 year old son now and this is a huge factor as I really need the extra room but I did not want a mini-van or 4 door SUV either. We only have one kid and already have a 4 door car. With the VX at least all three of us could fit in it on those few occasions where we all need to. Other than that, it would primarily be my "cruck". I would actually love to get something like a 2008-2013 Toyota Pre-Runner 4 door truck but I just don't want to invest that much ($20k +) right now in the way of cash and payments. I can however get a VX for ~8k or less which I can easily swing right now. I totally love the VX.. BUT...BUT...save for all bad things I've been reading about major engine problems with the oil burning / cylinder ring issues. In other words, I don't want to buy a looker that is really a lemon under the hood. Something on my shoulder still says DO NOT stray from Toyota.

I realize all cars have some issues and hang-ups. There are a few on my truck too..but nothing so major as burning a quart of oil every 1,000 miles. At 162k mine eats maybe 1/2 quart every 4,000 miles which is totally within acceptable limits for her mileage. The horror stories I've been reading about the VX engine ring issues has me extremely concerned. I'm almost thinking if it DOES have over 100k on it, that its probably a good thing???

My main questions are this: Is there anything in particular about the VX issues that can assuage my fears? What are the main issues? What should I check and look for? Is it very, very difficult to get parts? Are they really expensive because of the limited run on these cars? Lastly, is there a top 10 list of immediate changes or modifications which should be done to make the VX better or last longer? In other words..I need to be sold on the large and small details. I'm already sold on looks but it's what I don't see that scares me.

I sent you a Private message with my Tel #.

Give me a call,and swing by.
    I'l go over all the quirks with you...
    ...and have 3 VX's you can look at.

Cheers

Jo

Pacific Beach ...
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More than 3 VX's and your a rancher.
    3" suspension lift, shocks: Rancho 9000, tires 33"x11.5", wheels 16"x8", offset= 0, no front sway bar

New to the VX Club

Hello fellow VX lovers. I recently moved from San Diego to Charlotte, with a stop in Philadelphia for Thanksgiving. I sold my 97 Jeep Wrangler in San Diego and was searching for a VX around the Philadelphia area. The first one I drove had a TOD problem so I walked. The second one I looked at was a 1 owner, 115,000 mile beauty. The guy pre-ordered it back in 98. 99 White Ironman in amazing condition. And I stole it at $5000. Any way, I got it to Charlotte, at 16.5 mpg, ouch. And my buddy and I are about to transform her into a beast. I want to lift it 6.5-7 inches, run 35's, find a brush guard that'll mount up without any crazy modification. If anyone has any tips, tricks, words of advice for me as we get started, please don't hesitate to send me a message. Pictures will follow as I get started.