Page 162 of 197 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 172 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2953

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    You should start a post over in the Vehicles for Sale.

Also there is a questionnaire that it would be helpful for a potential buyer to understand more about your VX. Only takes a few minutes to complete and will save you numerous questions.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Just bought my VX about a month ago. It had some cosmetic problems that , at the time, I wasn't concerned about.
    Now I like it so much I want to fix it up a bit.
    Soooooo I'm looking for the front cladding, the grill, the right front headlight and the rear gate.
    I've priced things out new and it looks like I could buy a whole other VX for about the same price.
    I've searched this sight and most of the used stuff seems to be from waaayyy back when.
    Any help on the best and, of course, cheapest way to get things would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by tracybz View Post
    Hey.
    I first spotted a VX on a car lot. It was an Ironman and it reminded me of a high top tennis shoe. I just had to have it. In 2001 I went to dealership and bought one. I have had it ever since!
    I love it. Best car I have ever owned or driven. I, very unfortunately, am having to sell it. It's all original. No modifications. I'm the only owner. And have a bunch of recent pictures. It's currently parked and not being driven.
    If you, or anyone you know is interested, please let me know.
    Thanks. Tracy
    How much?
    3" suspension lift, shocks: Rancho 9000, tires 33"x11.5", wheels 16"x8", offset= 0, no front sway bar

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddawg View Post
    How much?
    http://westmd.craigslist.org/cto/4409763918.html

$7,500 with 168K miles.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Hello friends. My name is Andy from Montgomery, Tx. Just bought an 2001 VX in green with 130k miles on new engine. I got it for my mom for Mothers Day. She needed an automatic so I got on craigslist for weeks to find her THE perfect vehicle.
    I saw this vehicle back in 1997 and was so in love with it but wouldn't dare to dream as it was out of my reach back then. Love ,love, loved it so much! It was my Dream SUV. I love the styling , so futuristic yet so different in every way. There's so much that is in this SUV that words cannot describe. Here are the list that amazes me every time I'm in the drivers seat.
    It's styling makes me feel like I'm driving something that is out of this world.
    The seat height , driving view and comfortable suspension gives me a race car like feel.
    The T.O.D display always makes me feel I'm always in control of the vehicle.
    The suspension has a stiff top of the line feel. The driving characteristics seem to heightened all my senses as if I'm one with the machine.
    My favorite features on this vehicross has to be the T.O.D , all wheel drive plus 4lo 4wheel drive system. I took it offroad while towing my atv through the sand and it drove through the sand like nothing. The T.O.D kicks in perfectly. This vehicross is the Ultimate Offroad vehicle. I can't say enough about it.

On a side note... I am an avid Jeep Wrangler enthusiasts. I also have an 2001 Jeep TJ Sport that I use as my weekend car. That jeep is my world. It's got 4" lift, winch, Trek Armor seat skins , 4.0 straight 6 engine . I can tell you that these two vehicles will always and forever be with me till the end. I will never part with either of the two. Of course my mom kept telling me to sell the jeep. Not happening. When I'm in the jeep. I feel in invincible. The only thing that's not invincible while driving the jeep is ... My wallet. Lol
    But hey, you gotta pay to play.

Quote Originally Posted by UWanna View Post
    Just bought my VX about a month ago. It had some cosmetic problems that , at the time, I wasn't concerned about.
    Now I like it so much I want to fix it up a bit.
    Soooooo I'm looking for the front cladding, the grill, the right front headlight and the rear gate.
    I've priced things out new and it looks like I could buy a whole other VX for about the same price.
    I've searched this sight and most of the used stuff seems to be from waaayyy back when.
    Any help on the best and, of course, cheapest way to get things would be appreciated
    PM Buffy. He had quite a few pieces of cladding available recently.

Other than that, start a thread for what you are looking for so that members can post things that they have or can find. It'll all just get lost in this intro thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ANDYTHANH View Post
    Hello friends. My name is Andy from Montgomery, Tx. Just bought an 2001 VX in green with 130k miles on new engine. I got it for my mom for Mothers Day. She needed an automatic so I got on craigslist for weeks to find her THE perfect vehicle.
    I saw this vehicle back in 1997 and was so in love with it but wouldn't dare to dream as it was out of my reach back then. Love ,love, loved it so much! It was my Dream SUV. I love the styling , so futuristic yet so different in every way. There's so much that is in this SUV that words cannot describe. Here are the list that amazes me every time I'm in the drivers seat.
    It's styling makes me feel like I'm driving something that is out of this world.
    The seat height , driving view and comfortable suspension gives me a race car like feel.
    The T.O.D display always makes me feel I'm always in control of the vehicle.
    The suspension has a stiff top of the line feel. The driving characteristics seem to heightened all my senses as if I'm one with the machine.
    My favorite features on this vehicross has to be the T.O.D , all wheel drive plus 4lo 4wheel drive system. I took it offroad while towing my atv through the sand and it drove through the sand like nothing. The T.O.D kicks in perfectly. This vehicross is the Ultimate Offroad vehicle. I can't say enough about it.
    Yah, it sounds like you bought it for Mom.

I tried to tell my wife I bought the Proton for her ... she knew I was lying

Welcome to the VX family. It sounds like you're gonna fit right in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Hi, I'm Tom and a recently acquainted Vehicrosser. bought an '01 Kaiser with Black/Gray and about 100k miles. Am in love with the uniqueness and stand-out qualities of this marvelous car further multiplied by the fact that there are even fewer up here in Canada.

I would like to send a warm greeting out to the members of this forum which I've been following for a quite a while now and has been an integral part of my decision and filtering process.

My truck is currently in original stock form and in very clean shape from California. First order of business will be timing belt and fluid changes as it appears not to have been done yet and coming due.

T.

1999, Blue (Astral)5 spd VX #1396 ; '01 Proton 0753
    Welcome to the obsession Tom!!!
    There's no 'I' in denial.

'97 Astral 1334, '97 Astral 1320, '98 Golden Mica 1432

Thumbs up 1999 Astral Silver 1334 - Vancouver Island BC Canada

Hi, Jayd-S here. New to the family and new to VX. Have only been driving my 1999 Astral Silver - vin 1334 for two days now, but already feels like an old friend! My VX is a right hooker. (English slang for RHD). It was imported from Japan late last year, is in excellent condition and currently has 66,000 Kilometers on the clock (about 41,300 miles). Judging by its condition and general wear, I would say it is genuine. I came across it 3 weeks ago after my 300 series Mitsubishi Delica suffered a timing belt tensioner failure and I had it towed to an import service and repair garage on Vancouver Island. I wanted to have it repaired and also buy a new 400 series II Delica.

As I drove in to the lot, the Astral VX immediately caught my eye and I just knew I had to own it! Amazingly, I had never even seen one before! Turned out it was for sale but still had to be fitted with new tires and headlights to be approved to Department of Transport specs for North America.

Having come from Japan, it does have the reversing camera which is now hooked up to my JVC 7" touch screen sound system. Priceless! The engine however is the 3.2 litre version as opposed to the 3.5 litre produced for USA. I cannot say whether it makes much difference in performance but I will post back again with some gas consumption stats. Also the Recaro seats are fabric covered and not leather. Wheels are factory alloy 16" by 8" and I chose to have 245/70 R16 General Tires Grabber AT2. I was surprised to find that the slightly narrower spare tire is fitted to a full size alloy wheel. Everything else is standard.

Living on Vancouver Island (in square miles the same size as the states of Maryland and Delaware combined), there are over 35,000 miles of logging roads that can get you to amazing wilderness, emerald green lakes and your own personal beaches. Depending on your zest for life, the logging roads are graded from almost civilized to downright frickin hair raising! Take your winch and a parachute!

For the past 3 1/2 years I have been head down, balls to the wall working with my two partners building our Internet software company which is finally moving into exponential growth and now in 79 countries. I have not had much time to be adventurous but am seriously looking forward to doing some exploring with my new Astral VX.

A budy of mine has just gone back to Australia for a month to get married. I asked him if he would bring me back the Conqueror Australia UEV 440 trailer. It is an amazing off road trailer that is a perfect fit for the VX. Check it out on YouTube at www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxvfDTaUVAo . Outstanding!

This is a great forum, I am glad to be among such a helpfull and supportive group!

Jayd-S

Hello

Hello, all!

I am a new vehicross owner for the second time. My first VX was a 1999 black with red interior that i loved! Purchased it back a few years ago while still in school - when i was about to graduate i decided to sell it.

I didnt know where i would be getting a job so i wanted to find something that got better has mileage and that would be easy to fix if anything happened. Well that was a bad choice because i missed it every day that it was gone. Nothing I got made me as happy as driving the VX. The Jeep CJ7 was close but it was bare-bones and utilitarian. The VX was somehting i could drive anywhere.

Well last week i picked up my 2001 Ironman VX. It may have a bad engine but i got a good deal. Planning on rebuilding or buying a long block from an axiom.

After searching the site again for things to do I believe i found my car's previous owner. mbeach

Looks like it was up in alaska and made its way to ohio by various means.

Well im very happy to have it and very happy to be back.

Thanks,
    Last edited by rtormet : 05/07/2014 at 10:15 AM Reason: Added a picture

welcome rtormet, im glad to see another in Ohio.
    Vehitrails

I'm glad to know there's just so many VX enthusiasts here. We are not alone. All VX owners are one. No one will understand us. It's a love it or hate it kind of vehicle. Oh well, just like jeeps, they wouldn't understand. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    PM Buffy. He had quite a few pieces of cladding available recently.

Other than that, start a thread for what you are looking for so that members can post things that they have or can find. It'll all just get lost in this intro thread.

I'll do that. I appreciate the response.

New to the site

Hey everybody. I'm new to the site and to the Vehicross world but not new to Isuzu products. I've had a pickups, a rodeo, 2 troopers, and now a 99 black VX. It has some miles and needed cleaned up but it runs perfect and for 1200.00 I couldn't turn it down. Ordered a Calmini Kit last night and a set of 265/75/r16 Duratrac's will be following next week.

Looking forward to being apart of the site.

Thanks