Page 163 of 197 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 173 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 2953

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Runnin_On_E View Post
    Hey everybody. I'm new to the site and to the Vehicross world but not new to Isuzu products. I've had a pickups, a rodeo, 2 troopers, and now a 99 black VX. It has some miles and needed cleaned up but it runs perfect and for 1200.00 I couldn't turn it down. Ordered a Calmini Kit last night and a set of 265/75/r16 Duratrac's will be following next week.

Looking forward to being apart of the site.

Thanks
    Just FYI... if you can cancel the Calmini kit...
    ..... you can lift easily with just Old man Emu springs and torsion bar crank.
    And save LOADS of $$'s.

See thread here.."913 experiment" for full details:-

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...913+experiment

Cheers

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey everybody, ive been lurking around this site for a couple months looking for a VX, and i finally found one!! it already has a few mods and was just what i was looking for. I searched the forum and it appears that it is dtruax's old one. This summer is going to be a blast!!

Welcome to the family.

Post some pix when you get a chance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Hi!

I've wanted one of these since they came out when I was in high school. Well thanks to a posting on Jalopnik, I got a new to me Vehicross Ebony and it only took 12 hours of driving to get and bring back. I was worried about the dreaded oil burn, but either the engine never had it or was rebuilt at some point as 70 mph for 150 miles straight and then 140 miles of Trinity mountains hasn't shown any oil burn at all so far. It does have 143k miles on it but the engine, transmission, and suspension all seem great on it. Cladding is greyed (which the fiance actually prefers oddly enough), paint is swirled, rust free, windows bind, horn doesn't work, washer spray doesn't work, and driver side door seal has a couple tears; but besides that its great!

There is no known maintenance on it so I'll probably start with any greasing thats needed, oil change, tranny fluid change, and a timing belt/water pump/pulley change. May take it to a shop to put it up on a lift and see what the suspension and brakes look like afterwards.

Time to start searching threads and absorbing knowledge!

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    I've wanted one of these since they came out when I was in high school. Well thanks to a posting on Jalopnik, I got a new to me Vehicross Ebony

... Time to start searching threads and absorbing knowledge!
    CONGRATULATIONS

Quote Originally Posted by PNW VXer View Post
    This summer is going to be a blast!!
    If either of you want a "Maintenance Stuff" DVD that includes an e-copy of the Shop Manual, just make a site donation on the home page & PM me your address & I'll drop one in the mail to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello all,
    I am Kent Cooper currently from Hampton, VA and after a very long wait, I finally have a Vehicross. I have always been an Isuzu fan and I also own a 2004 Rodeo (sad that I didn't get the 4x4 model). I plan to start upgrading my VX within the next couple of months to get it up to par with rest of the mix in here (hopefully) and i am definitely going to have to get me one of those "Maintenance Stuff" DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by DaGambit69 View Post
    i am definitely going to have to get me one of those "Maintenance Stuff" DVD.
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...threadid=25415
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Howdy! I am a new to VXer but have had just about every other Isuzu made. I am actually looking to go buy one today. Will keep you posted...

Welcome Mozes. Best of luck in finding the right VX for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi all,

I finally got one 1997 Isuzu VX Japan model. I am now back to my homeland (Batumi, Georgia, EU) and would like reintroduce myself to this very helpful forum now with my own experience to share!

Vaso Trofimoff

1999 Astral 0074, 2001 Proton, 1999 Ebony, 1999 Astral 0163
    Welcome to the obsession! You will most likely not want to stop at just one!
    "Cast away the unessential to find the essence..."

stock astral silver 99 visually a 9.5 out of 10
    Hi folks...wondering if I should use my real name or change it up a little....its
    Jarvis....a name equally as odd and uncommon as this forums subject matter...so..........maybe in time I could do like..?..? ..jarvx..?.....ya....I think that'll work
    Hope im not breaking any rules there ...well....at any rate my saga will start as follows....I saw it directly across the street from me....at a dodge dealership litterally across from my driveway.....the curiousity got me initially....for one , they hold very little used car inventory ...but number 2 there was something vaguely familiar about it....so...there it was, a 99 Kaiser silver...visually immaculate...like from a time capsule...but ...with a hundred thou on it....slightly over 196 mi or so.....well from all my research in the past two weeks I know that some shy away from the 99 model but........also read that I probably won't see another one for quite some time so.....not really sure either, of what the fixation was but...( do I need to even elaborate on that one ?lol )... ....long story short ...I pulled the trigger on it today...and I am nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs .......plus turned over a Chevy Blazer EXTREME to them...still owing $2,200 on it I figured that was money that would be better spent toward the VX....so with no further ado...I hope to gain A lot of insight into this intriguing little truck....should take possession tomorrow or Monday after I put the cash down their hand....b t w ...paying $6, 800 ....not that it would have really mattered....lol....but does that seem like somewhat of a reasonable price even if it is a 99....
    Ps ...life is short andmI'm old so hoping to have an opurtunity to make it to moab one day....after I get to know folks and my new truck ..
    .thx sincerly
    Jarvis xxxxxx aka jarvx

stock astral silver 99 visually a 9.5 out of 10

puter dummy

Jarvx again....forgot something.....a question....when test driving for the second time ...last time was a week ago I guess....btw ...to be more clear on mileage it has around 100,196 on it....not bad for 15 yrs old....just hope it is a good sign and not a bad one. Anyway ...T O D seemed like it wanted to activate today on dry pavement when at a stop and the initial take off...but hesitated ...only slightly but felt almost like trans fluid was taking its time to exit torque converter if im saying that right....kinda like a sluggish stall converter.is this normal on the streets ? ...also how did i get my name on here ? i forgot...want to post a pic and edit name plus add vx number....thx
    Last edited by jarvis : 07/05/2014 at 07:46 PM Reason: trying to update personal info and new user name

Welcome Jarvx.

Yah, the TOD is active alla time. You should see some of the bars lighting up whenever you start up from a dead stop or punch it. It's a pretty trick set up with sensors monitoring wheel slip & applied torque to determine how much electrical pulsing to send to the transfer case.

It's hard to tell from your description if the tranny is in good health. I feel that our torque converter has a fairly high stall speed (compared to a sports car anyway ... but nothing like on a Caddy). Isuzu probably chose that to try to keep the VX from beating itself to death on the trails with wheel slippage. You may see higher rev's when starting up from a dead stop than you may have in your old Chebbie.

Get the dealer to check the tranny fluid level before you sign the papers. If that's OK & the shifting is smooth, then you'll probably be OK.

I'll hafta look on the home page to see where the menu is to edit your profile to update your user name.

EDIT: Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to change your username. Mebbe send a PM to Moncha to have him change it for you. The rest of the stuff you want to do you can get to through 'edit user profile' from the quick links tab on home page.
    Last edited by tom4bren : 07/07/2014 at 06:21 AM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1999, Ebony, VX, 1996; 1999, White, Ironman, 0046; 2001, Silver, VX, 0324
    I guess its about time I introduce myself...seeing as I joined the forum mid-December last year.

I primarily joined because I was obsessed with the VehiCross and was looking to buy one. OK...I am obsessed enough that I actually own 3 now! My first priority was to buy one for my 16 year old son to drive - figuring that these things are HFS (heck for stout - keeping it clean since there are ladies present) and any repairs necessary would give him a chance to learn a bit about maintaining a vehicle.

Talking the ex into the VX was actually easier than I had thought...she thought it was "cute". The first one I found (a Silver 2001) had the tranny removed and disassembled. The ex was far from interested in a vehicle that wouldn't even run. I decided I was up for the challenge and figured I'd just have to keep it for myself - especially since the price was right.

So the search for one for my son continued. I found an 1999 Ebony...the ex agreed to the price (read, agreed to pay half), so my son and I went and got it.

The story relative to #3 is actually pretty sad. In February, a propane leak in my basement led to my house blowing up. Yep, blew up! This subsequently caught my detached garage on fire, which ended up melting the front bumper, headlights, side mirrors, etc. off of his car because I didn't have keys and couldn't move it away from the garage. Also destroyed were a spare 3.5 engine, the 2001 tranny (which I had just finished re-building), and a lot of parts. I should also mention that my 1978 Toyota Land Cruiser that I was in the process of doing a frame-off restoration of was also lost. MAJOR bummer!

So the search for a "donor" VX began as soon as I found out how hard/impossible/expensive replacement parts are to find - buying a donor seemed quite reasonable by comparison. I found a listing for a White 1999 with a blown engine. Figuring this was a perfect match since I needed the cladding and more for my son's and the tranny for mine, I trekked half-way across the country and snagged it. What I didn't know until I got there was that this one was an Ironman and, to be honest, the best shape of the 3! My Silver 2001 became the donor. I pulled the necessary parts off and got my son's back on the road in fairly short order - luckily no mechanical damage like melted wiring harness, just the wires to the melted lights.

I swapped the engine from the 2001 into my Ironman (not knowing that it was actually good) and let out a HUGE wooop when it fired right up on first try on Father's Day. Been happily driving it since.

The 2001 will eventually get re-built (parts availability the main concern) - I am somewhat a diesel fanatic, so it will get a diesel engine in its new life. Long story short (if you overlook my tome...) this one-time drooler/ogler of this awesome vehicle has joined your proud ranks!