Page 16 of 197 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 66 116 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Cool Hello People

dark-blue bold italic small times
    Hello Everyone,
    Rookie over here to this site and a new owner of a Black VX. YES! Just wanted to say Hi. This is a Puerto rican from NYC (Maspeth, Queens) and I have been in love with the VX since it came out back in 1999 and now I finally got my hands on one. So as of right now I'm going crazy thinking about what I want to hookup on my VX. But I do have 1 question...How & where do I post up my pictures? Please advance...Thanks!
    You Only Live Once

I got my VX!!… here’s the goods.

The baby is a Kaiser ’01, red interior, now 19K miles. She’s near mint. Very clean. Probably never been off road, unless very thoroughly cleaned afterwards. No scuffs on any plastic inside or out, no leaking seals, solid shocks, holding her oil (at least in the last 800 miles). It’s been driven, but seems babied. There’s just 1 or 2 rock chips on the hood, a funny little crack on the gas door near the hinge, a little flaking on the inside of one wheel but THAT’S IT.

I can’t believe my luck in finding it. I started shopping around, thinking I could find a ’99 or ’00 with low miles for around 15K. I test drove a black ’99 and was totally hooked from that time on. I tried to get a Proton ’00 with 16K miles on it, but my offer didn’t make it. I think it sold for 16,900. Still a pretty good deal, but I guess I wasn’t too keen on getting a yellow one. I saw Robert’s ad on AutoTrader.com and realized after talking to him that he’s a member here too. His Kaiser ’00 sounded real nice, well maintained and had a bunch of good extras. I just had to wait until he was ready to sell as he is/was going to be moving out of the country.

Then I came across mine. The owner posted it on Ebay 2 times as a 3 day auction, and I happened to see it. I nearly bid on it, seeing it was a ’01, with 18,200 miles, factory warranty still in effect, etc. but I couldn’t get over the thought of bidding like 15 or 16K on anything sight unseen. It was located inside my 300 mile (or so) driving radius to be able to go see it too. So I bit my lip & watched the auction expire without the reserve being met. I contacted the owner outside Ebay to see if it was still available. It was. He said the reserve was set at 17,500/17,900 or something like that but then quoted me 16,500. So I had to take a ride to go see it. It was worth every penny... (Jim, if you’re reading, thanks again, man.)

For those still out there shopping, I know it’s tough to be patient, but the right one will come along. (haha sounds like dating advice…) This board is a wealth of info and gave me great encouragement in getting a VX of my own by seeing others’ personal experiences & passion for the vehicle. I had no idea the VX had such a following and this board is a great resource to draw from and contribute to with other VX owners.

Thanks
    Last edited by nates33 : 06/30/2004 at 06:33 AM

hail, from seattle

howdy, from seattle at the moment! i have perseverated over this vehicle since i saw the ads during the eco challenge adventure racing back in '99. i've followed them on ebay for over a year (though i could never discern what an particular one ended up selling for).

i have had my 2000 proton for about a week now + am mostly thrilled. the only unfortunate bit so far is the original sales person + manager left the dealership prior to my taking possesion of the lovely vx which has only 20k miles on it. the original manager promised me the mats were in the back + all would be "up to snuff" so to speak before i took possesion. this also included replacing the cracked (dried-out) serpentine belt on the engine. in my haste (+ excitement) i did not closely examine all of the tires. i looked at the rears that seemed a little worn but passable. also, i supposed i had in mind that w/ 20k miles what could be that bad? well, later when i inspected things more closely i found that 1/ the front tires had considerable wear + one had a good chunk missing on the sidewall from possibly hitting a curb, + 2/ there was no oil to be found on the dipstick. 3/ mats have still not been found.

on going to a tire dealer i was told that they would only replace all 4 tires because 2 new tires would be out of the tolerance for specs that would insure that the tranny would be safe.

i reported this + the lack of oil to the new manager who thinks that the tire guy is full of it (it made sense to me) + will let me know if the oil was changed, etc. prior to my driving off. the s-belt was changed, the manager told me that a hose was also changed. i am waiting even as i write, for his response to all of this. i did buy an extended warranty but i have read about some of the headaches folks have had here on the forum.

is there any one else in the seattle area out there icould chat with? i've seen at least 1 ebony + 1 kaiser in the past few months. please pm me, i'd love to get together for an outing somewhere.

Way down South in Texas... Brownsville

I remember thinking, "wow, that was awesome!". This was after seeing the silver VX pass up that rocket car out in the sands. In 1998 I came across one, the only one in our local Isuzu dealership. I saw the price tag and it was way out of my league. I ended up buying a new 98 Ford Mustang. All it did is get me in trouble. On the first night I drove it to work, got out of work, raced a thunderbird and got citation for speeding within 12hrs of owning this new car. I knew this was going to be trouble, so two years later I decided to look into something more conservative. I just happened to come across the same Isuzu dealership and there it was all over again. The same silver 1999 VX was just there. I bought it the next day, actually I'm still paying for it. I've contemplated selling it this past year, hopefully you guys can convince me to keep it. I so badly want to, but I now have a family and sticking my baby girl back there is hard as hell. Better yet, getting anyone back there is hard as hell!
    I met up with Rickster at the Spring break soundoff competition and told him about my windows; he told me about this website and sure enough, found the rememdy to my windows and a whole group of dedicated VX owners.

Folks I'm Victor and it's nice meeting 'ya.

just got VX

Hey my name is Tad, some of you might know me as TroopTad on the 4x4wire.com forums.

Just picked up a 2000 black VX and its unspeakably awesome.

I had no idea what I was missing.

If you'll excuse me I'm going to go reclean the engine with a toothpick :P
    2000 Black VX 105k

Talking I'm new to the VX

HI, I'm Denee' and live in Houston, TX. I saw my first VX in Hawaii (Maui) while on my honeymoon and immediately knew I wanted one! When getting home, I started looking for one and bought a '99 silver VX! I was dissappointed when finding out that they're not made anymore! and also amazed of how many where/are for sale throughtout the U.S. Mine is kind of plain, but cool looking! Has 80k miles,but in very good condition! I love its looks and the power it delivers! I must say the visibility is quite poor and the back seat is a rather rough ride, but I'm usually alone when going places; so it doesn't really matter to me! It's my VX! I would like to know if anyone lives here in the Houston area or close by? Anyway, I bought a trailer hitch from ToneMonday and hope to get it installed this upcoming week and I have an EX500 that I do trackdays on that I need to be able to tow. I'm rambling! Nice to see this site exists!
    Denee'

Newbe here

Hello, I'm new to this board. I'm going to Memphis in the morning to pick up my VX. It's my first and I can't wait to get behind the wheel.

She's a 99 Ironman with all of the goodies. I will be adding some modifications in the upcoming months.

I really do like this site. My wife and I own our website biz down here in the Arkansas Ozarks. I will be building my own VX site soon.

I am using the name "ThunderChicken " because I am also into monstermowers. You guys probably don't know what I'm talking about but we are in the process of forming a monstermower racing association that will be known as ARM (American Racing MonsterMowers) We will racing just like the monster trucks.

I may have the only VX in the state of Arkansas, who knows. I want to attend some rallys soon. Are therer any coming up in my area?

Hey Guys....

I too am new to the VX world, having driven my very own '99 Astral Silver version home from the dealership just this past Monday. This is the car that I have craved for the past SIX YEARS, and still have trouble believing that is it actually mine.

I am loving this car more and more with each passing day, a feat i didn't think was possible. I had passed on an opportunity earlier on to pick up a '99 white Iron Man edition, and was thinking that my best opportunity had come and gone. Lo and behold, while checking AutoTrader.com one day, I came across one for sale at a dealership literally 5 minutes from where I worked! How is that for "meant to be?"

Anyway, its a pleasure to meet all of you, I hope to be a consistant contributer to this board for a long while.

And if there's any other VX owners in NW Arkansas area, i'd love to hear from you!

Later!

Glad to hear you got one.

This is amazing. I am also from Arkansas. I live near Harrison. I have had my VX for about three weeks. I did get the 99 White Ironman edition. I got mine from Memphis. I too, found mine on Auto Trader.

I know the VX you bought. My wife and I checked it out before we bought ours. She wanted thw white and I wanted the Ironman.

We will have to get together sometime. I want to put a little VX meet on sometime next year in Branson.
    Are you interested?

The VX has got to be the most awesome,head turner SUV ever built!!!

I think the vx would make an ass-kicking riding mower. You'd have to come up with some humongus dual-blade system -- something looks like of like what those street-sweepers have, except with blades instead of brushes.

Got my VX in 99 had it pre ordered for like 6 months. love this truck. just need ur guys help to make it faster/more power.

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    Hi all. From Westminster, CO. Bought my VX used in Boulder. 12,458 miles!!! Look forward to chatting it up with you in the near future.

Thanks to this site I've already had a lot of the notorious VX 'issues' fixed under warranty: windows, fuel pressure reg., gas gauge, hood insert (cracked), fuel injectors, small annoying noises, (gasp!), etc. Anything else I should know about? (grin)

TAKK.

Hello

Hi, I am new to the world of VX! I live in Salt lake city, Utah...

I don't own a VX but I am currently looking for one. I am specifially looking for a 2001 with low miles, in good condition.
    If anyone can help me out, please do!

I first set my eyes on the VX back in 2000 when I met a friend of mine who had one. I have loved it ever since. For some reason I never thought that I would be able to find one, but now I see that it is possible!

Thanks a lot for this place!

Sorsha ;pp;

Unhappy my first vehicross

I purchased my first Vehicross today from a dealership in Pensylvania. It is the 2001 Ironman edition. Can anyone tell me if the shocks are adjustable. I feel every bump in the road.

Hey all, new to the forums, although I'm sure I've run into some of you in the past on other forums. I've got a Dragon Green 2001 in Denver, CO with very few mods. My VX loves the city and loves dirt roads at high speed. Not really into the slow off-road thing unless I'm trying to get somewhere, but hey, it does that too Nice forums... thanks.