Page 172 of 197 FirstFirst ... 72 122 162 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 182 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 2953

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Welcome AaS. It sounds like you're going to fit right in with our quirky little group. Just about everyone of us becomes quite obsessed with our VX.

Warning though - most VX owners who use it to haul a car seat around don't like the restricted access to the rear seat. Use the search function on the home page to read up about 'seat sliders'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

" ample parts available for replacement" not ample, but still available to find (depending on what part) within this GREAT community.

AaS Did you get the VX?

Hey folks, my name is Willie and I'm pretty new to the VX. I've always loved the vehicle however never really got my hands on one. I was out of the country leading up to and during its big debut and time on the roads in the US.

I'm looking at getting one as sort of a project. I joined the FB forum a few days ago as well. Folks on there have been MOST helpful with info regarding VX owners that are looking to part ways with theirs. Hopefully we will pick one up here soon and begin the journey. I'll chat with you guys later.

Hahah, lol. Welcome aboard (at last). I hope this one will be a good one for you. You deserve the best.
    3" suspension lift, shocks: Rancho 9000, tires 33"x11.5", wheels 16"x8", offset= 0, no front sway bar

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    LMAO... tell us how ya really feel!!

Congrats... welcome to the world of Vehicross obsession

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi everyone. My name is Chris and I bought my VX less than a year ago. It was sitting in a little used car lot that I drove by everyday and I had no idea what it was, but I loved it and new I had to have it.

It's my first 4x4 and it has some work ahead of it. It seems to have been moderately abused in the past so for now I'm focused on making it a sound drivable vehicle. I'm by no means a mechanic so it's cost me quite a bit; the biggest so far being a new tranny.

I'm sure you all will be hearing from me soon and I look forward to the knowledge and experience of everyone here!

Cheers.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Hiya Chris ,,, San Diego here too

Quote Originally Posted by cst2099 View Post
    Hi everyone. My name is Chris and I bought my VX less than a year ago. It was sitting in a little used car lot that I drove by everyday and I had no idea what it was, but I loved it and new I had to have it.

It's my first 4x4 and it has some work ahead of it. It seems to have been moderately abused in the past so for now I'm focused on making it a sound drivable vehicle. I'm by no means a mechanic so it's cost me quite a bit; the biggest so far being a new tranny.

I'm sure you all will be hearing from me soon and I look forward to the knowledge and experience of everyone here!

Cheers.
    Welcome to the VX obsession!!

I live in Pacific Beach.... and know the VX pretty well.
    Gimme a shout, swing by... and we can check yours out..and what it needs.

I know a REALLY good tranny shop here in San Diego too.....
    .... full rebuild for about $1350.

Shoot me an e-mail.. or PM me here.

Cheers

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So after quite a marathon on Friday, renting a very crappy crystler 200,
    leaving detroit for columbus, picking up my cousin as a second driver,
    meeting up with a guy you would all know as Bulldog in columbus ohio,
    (absolutely a great guy btw)
    and driving back with this rather well mechanically maintained VX through the night,
    It is finally in its new home.
    it needs a bit of cosmetic work, but thats the easy stuff for me.
    things are a tad loose, and it needs an alignment, (scary over 60mph!)
    but sounds great, has no leaks, and minimal rust. and came with a great cross section of extras. (a product of buying a vehicle that was someones baby)
    I dread whats going to happen to it here in Michigan (so much salt in the winter)

I still cant drive it as I have no plates, and the offices are closed this monday as well,
    its killing me...

it hasnt stopped me from ripping apart a few parking lots with 3" of fresh snow however
    ^_^

Also, Yes...I will MOST DEFINITELY need seat sliders to haul around my little guy

2001 Isuzu VehiCROSS SUV for sale

Forgive me in advance if I am posting in the wrong area. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I have a beautiful 2001 V cross with low mileage. I live in a waterfront community, and unfortunately might be cross was in the middle of super storm Sandy. I believe all the electronics are fried, the engine cranks over strong, but will not start. I would like to sell the car and I am interested in getting opinions of what it is worth. I would like to let it go for a fair price. I'm sure pictures would be helpful but I am not even sure I am posting in the right place. If someone can please direct me as to what I should do I would greatly appreciate it.

I don't own a VehiCROSS, unfortunately, but I have loved them since they were introduced as a concept car back in the 1990's. They were SO much cooler than anything else out there. Even 20 years or so later, few vehicles in this class have risen to the coolness level of the VehiCROSS. I am thinking about buying one.

Go for it! I don't regret having done so.
    3" suspension lift, shocks: Rancho 9000, tires 33"x11.5", wheels 16"x8", offset= 0, no front sway bar

Just bought it today!

Hello, all. My name is Andrew, aka cr0sh. I live in the Phoenix, Arizona area.

I fell in love with the VX about 6 months ago; I'm pretty sure my coworkers and friends are sick of me telling them how much I want one - well, they don't have to listen to that any more!

Now they'll have to listen about my fixes, complaints, issues, sweat, blood, tears, and money going down the drain!

Ok - no more smilies. Anyhow, I paid more than KBB for this beast, a 1999 Ebony Black (I think?) VX. 138K on the odometer, but the engine and drive train are solid. I'm the 6 or 7th owner now. It originally started out in Texas, made its way to northern AZ, then down here.

Looking it over, it's got some problems - most small, a couple medium, but nothing too huge (I don't think - I may eat those words).

Wheels aren't stock; it also looks like previous owners did a few minor mods, but nothing too stupid - probably the dumbest was a lead to the back to power a subwoofer - but a fuse was included at the battery post, so that's better than some audio mods of that type, right?

Exhaust seems like it has a lot of rust - that or mud, not sure - but not rusted through. That's gotta be checked out.

I'm taking it in to a shop on Monday for a full check-over, to get an idea and list of what is wrong, what is ok, and what I'm going to have to spend real money on.

Bad things right now: Lack of power to fog (?) lights and the running lights (I have no rear running lights at night - but I do have headlights and brakes). No dashboard lighting at night, either. I don't know when the timing belt was last done, or it's current condition. Same with brakes. I need almost all fluids flushed and re-filled. I've got a minor drip from the overflow plug on the tranny. A new serpentine belt is needed (the current one is ok, but I've like a brand new one, and keep this one as a spare). Front end needs bushings and ball-joint work. I've got a check-engine light (not sure what that is - strangely, the guy I bought it from got it to pass emissions a couple days before - the light only came on after I had paid him and left - of course - lol). I've got the abs light on (and given the cost of sensors - it may stay on!).

That's most of the issues. The body work is beautiful, though, for it's age. A few touch-ups here and there are needed, but nothing terrible. CarFax reports no accidents (and it looks like that is accurate). The underside (frame, body, pans, skid plates, etc) is pretty nice - no major bends, scratches, gouges, etc - it looks like it was rarely taken off-road. The TOD works perfectly, and no noise from the tranny or transfer case.

Anyhow - that's it for now; expect to see me around on occasion, asking questions, etc. I really love this vehicle - it's going to be a project car (something to replace the 79 Bronco I also own - that thing needs to go, it's a money pit). Ultimately, it's going to be my daily driver, once I get the basics taken care of.

See you guy's later!

Quote Originally Posted by cr0sh View Post
    Hello, all. My name is Andrew, aka cr0sh. I live in the Phoenix, Arizona area.

Hey Cr0sh- welcome to the addiction! I live up near Prescott, but get down to PHX often.
    I had my Foxfire for 5 years, but had to sell it a little over a year ago, sold to a guy in
    Chandler that had two additonal VXs (both Ebonys)!
    I had numerous mods done and reguarly went to the annual Moab Utah get-together for offroading.
    Have only seen one Ebony up here my way (which some do call Northern Arizona)....is yours lifted with chrome rims?

I'm still fairly active on the forum and have and know a ton of info about the VX. So if you need info or guided to the info just give me a shout. PM or email is fine.

There's also a VX FaceBook site but it's not really where you go for detailed info....that's all found here!

This site has been around for 15 yrs and has an amazing amount of specific info. Just about any question you can think of, has been asked and answered here....many answered many times over. The VX has many unique quirks and those have all been discussed on this forum, and most have a solution too.

You'll find the search function will be your best friend!
    But if you get stumped, you'll find this forum has amazing members and someone is always willing to help. It's like no other forum you've probably ever been on.

Welcome again!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

01 Proton 1131; 01 Proton 0504; 00 Proton 0695; 00 Ebony 0285; 00 Foxfire 0032 Donor VX; Complete S/C Engine on Stand;

Welcome cr0sh

Welcome cr0sh,

As Kat said "Welcome to the Addiction"

She is, as always, right on point in everything she said. You can find any and all answers right here on the forum. If it's not been documented here then the members will most definitely help you till your answer is found.

VX Kat is one of the most giving members on the forum. She posses an overwhelming knowledge of All Things VX and loves to share.

Congratulations and Welcome!!!