Page 177 of 197 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 187 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 2953

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Pajero's Montero's are good for one thing: 6G74 engine swaps into a GTO.

Quote Originally Posted by TenPercenter View Post
    I have wanted a VX for many many years. I am probably within two years of splurging for one as a second vehicle. (Actually in talks with a local guy to take a trade of our 2002 Montero for his 1999 Ironman, but he's revealing too many things that need to be fixed...)
    This might help, and VXs are pretty old now so most are going to need stuff fixed now and in the near future. I bought one with 47K and it still needed stuff fixed.
    http://www.vehicross.info/showthread...ERS-OR-SELLERS

Hello there: My name is Belle and my son gave me a 1999 Ironman for my birthday last year. I love it. I find that driving it is not only really fun, but also so very comfortable as well. I cannot get over how comfortable it is. It amazes me each time I get in. I am the only one who owns a VX in my community and am always getting looks and questions about it. On top of everything else, the engine purrs perfectly. I cannot thank my son Don enough for giving his momma such an awesome gift!

Quote Originally Posted by My 99 View Post
    Hello there: My name is Belle and my son gave me a 1999 Ironman for my birthday last year. I love it. I find that driving it is not only really fun, but also so very comfortable as well. I cannot get over how comfortable it is. It amazes me each time I get in. I am the only one who owns a VX in my community and am always getting looks and questions about it. On top of everything else, the engine purrs perfectly. I cannot thank my son Don enough for giving his momma such an awesome gift!
    Welcome Belle.

Have you had a chance to see how the VX handles snow yet? With a decent set of tires these things almost can't be stopped. Kudos to your son for having such great taste in vehicles and his generosity, and to you for acknowledging both.

Hope your VX provides you with many more enjoyable and trouble free miles.

Thank you, and have not had it in snow. We sit a few hundred feet below sea level. I think I would like the snow as I prefer the sliding of off road more than the rocks. We are just across the highway from some awesome desert off road and Don had put more than enough rubber on it for all off road conditions. I've had it out a few times, but I prefer just to drive down the street and let everyone stare. lol

Hello my name is Nahom and I recently purchased a 1999 vehicross. Im 21 now but was 6 when I watched the vehicross commercials in aw and played with my little hot wheel vehicross toy. So while looking for car to replace my civic someone wrecked I stumbled upon one for sale on craigslist that I couldn't resist. (Had to drive it 200 miles to get it home and it even came with an unopened Hot Wheel Vehicross toy!) I am a student at JMU studying engineering now so I figured having a car I love that needs work will motivate me to learn more about cars. I also couldn't ignore life giving me an opportunity to make one of my childhood dreams happen. This is probably the most impractical vehicle for me to buy with being a full time student and how much tuition is but my vehicross can give out on me in one year and I still wouldn't regret purchasing it. I hope to give it the attention it needs to get it to run perfect as I love driving it. Thank you for the abundant information, this community is awesome.

In my college town that is crawling with Wranglers, the Vehicross reigns supreme!

Welcome, Lots of good people and info here on the forum, I hope your new VX gives you many years of fun and enjoyment.

Welcome to our vx community. Glad to hear you love your VX so much already! They sure are a conversation starter!
    And like Catfish said, lots of good people here always willing to help.
    One tip, very important, check the oil level dipstick at EVERY GAS FILL UP, until you determine if, and how much it consumes. There's a pretty high probability your engine will consume some oil, some see go rather rapidly, others much slower. But you need to become familiar with your engine's pattern. Carry several quarts of oil with you. You may use a quart per 1000 miles or more.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    One tip, very important, check the oil level dipstick at EVERY GAS FILL UP, until you determine if, and how much it consumes. There's a pretty high probability your engine will consume some oil, some see go rather rapidly, others much slower. But you need to become familiar with your engine's pattern. Carry several quarts of oil with you. You may use a quart per 1000 miles or more.
    I would only modify that routine by saying that when checking the oil, wait for 30 minutes or so before checking the oil after turning off the engine.

If you check the oil when you're at the gas pump, it will be questionable whether enough time has elapsed to allow oil in the engine to drain back to the pan for an accurate reading on the dipstick.

If not enough time has elapsed, a possible false low reading could occur making you add oil when none is necessary, and running an engine with too much oil can sometimes be just as bad for an engine as running with not enough.

Congrats on fulfilling your VX dream Nahom! Hope it brings you many years of enjoyment. [cheers]

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    I would only modify that routine by saying that when checking the oil, wait as long as you can (10-15 minutes if possible) before checking the oil after turning off the engine.

If you check the oil when you're at the gas pump, it will be questionable whether enough time has elapsed to allow oil in the engine to drain back to the pan for an accurate reading on the dipstick.

If not enough time has elapsed, a possible false low reading could occur making you add oil when none is necessary, and running an engine with too much oil can sometimes be just as bad for an engine as running with not enough.

Congrats on fulfilling your VX dream Nahom! Hope it brings you many years of enjoyment.

New VX owner in Oklahoma

Hey there everybody. John here. I'm the new owner of a 00 Proton. I have never in my life seen one in person but only lusted at them on line. Always wanted one but I never figured that I would ever have the chance. I had settled for a 94 Amigo that I loved. A couple of months ago, a fellow member on the FB page posted it for sale,... I called the bank, ... The rest is history. Love it so far. This is going to be a fun relationship.

Hello everyone. I have been lurking in the shadows for a while now. I figure it is about time that I stand up and be counted! My name is Robert. I live in Southern California in the Los Angeles area. I have a 99 silver Vehicross that I've mostly kept in the garage until I take it on an outing every once in awhile. One of the places I have gone off-road quite a bit is the Anza Borrego Desert. I love driving in the sand washes there. My truck had 32000 miles on it when I bought it and it has about 50000 miles now. It is pretty much stock but it is in good shape. I really like some of the modifications many of you have done. I've been thinking, if I can get the time off, it would be great to go to Moab. Then I can meet some of you and see your trucks. The Vehicross.info forum is a great group. Folks here are really helpful. It has been a long time since I've seen another Vehicross around here in Southern California. I am beginning to think there aren't many left. Surprisingly, on occasion I will run into someone who actually knows what it is. I really love my truck!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Malibu_Robert For This Useful Post:

siemprelisto (01/24/2016)

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Hiya Malibu_Robert

Another So Cal VX here...down in San Diego...gimme a holler if youre down this way

There are several VX owners in and around LA :- Rickshaw / Baldwin / Anita..etc.

Moab is a GREAT trip...I do it every year ..about 800 miles to get there.
    You'll meet a great group..see loads of VX's ..from stock..to highly modified.

Check out the Moab 2016 thread for details of hotel etc.

I recommend it !

Cheers

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Moab is the only miles Jo puts on his VX.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    LOL...almost!

Quote Originally Posted by ipd View Post
    Moab is the only miles Jo puts on his VX.
    Put 3326 total on her last year ... of which about 1800 is Moab and back plus trails etc

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]