Page 28 of 197 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 78 128 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

My name is Ben and I've been driving my '99 VehiCross for over seven years now. Back when I was looking into getting my first car in 1999, I was browsing car models on Carpoint. I ran some searches for features I wanted in a car, and the VehiCross was one of the few results. (I also thought it was also one of the only cars that really looked good in the online photos -- the rest appeared too boxy.) After doing some research, I went to a local dealership in August of '99 to test drive one, and wound up driving home in the show floor model. I am really glad that I decided on this car. It's fun to see other VehiCrosses on the road (though it's a rare occurence), and I love driving it around. I've taken it off-road a few times, but sadly those capabilities have gone largely neglected (though I do a bit of urban off-roading, such as when other cars don't quite leave enough room for that right turn, et c. ).

Hi gang, happy to finally be one of you!
    Back in '02, a coworker and I are raving avout this SUV we saw , but could not think of the name. We did a search and there it was, the coolest SUV I had ever seen and I wanted one. My co-worker, being a single guy gets back on the internet and he buys one while I standing there, the S..B! Well to make this sstory short, 4 years later he is ready for something else so I scored the '01 Ebony #935 22K miles from himfor REALLY not much! Needless to say I am a happy guy.

Howdy

Just happened upon this site and liked it so much I thought I would join in. I found my 86 Trooper at a car lotin Virginia Beach and imediately fell in deep like with it. I have taken it places that some of the other 4X4's couldnt make it through. Even tho they had several mods to them.
    I am married and have 2 kids, because I don't want 3. I am also career military and can retire in a couple of years and go back to Texas. Here are a couple of pics of the "Blue Mule".

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29...d/IM000279.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29...d/IM000275.jpg
    1986 Isuzu Trooper

Old age and treachery will beat youth and endurance any day. Squidman

New VX Owner

Hi everyone;

I'm Mario, live in the San Francisco Bay Area and about a week ago I bought an '01 in Green with about 63K miles on it. (Super clean car!) Flew to San Diego last weekend to buy it from a dealer and drove it back home.
    (Seats are not great for long trips but not too bad).
    I decided to call it "Green Mamba" because of the fangs and the green paint.

Pictures:

http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n262/mariog4/

The driver's side window was not working at all. Yesterday, I pulled the door panel and discovered that the plug to the motor had been disconnected. Also noticed that someone had already reinforced the mounting post of the window regulator. The problem was that a plastic guide clip was broken, therefore, the regulator would not stay properly on the track as it was going up and down. I had to improvise and "engineer" a solution. Somehow, I was able to adapt a piece of plastic and make it stay on the guide track. Now I have a perfectly working power window!

I'm also a little afraid on other shortcomings of these vehicles, (from what I read on this forum). I immediately changed the oil to Mobil 1 synthetic so I hope that will buy me some piece of mind.

Anyway, sorry for the long introduction, and maybe I'll run into one of you, (not literally), one of these days.

Thanks!

wannabe ...soon to own VX..any help in Indiana?

My name is Paul and I live in NY metro area...always liked an unique vehicle, and Vx is surely that, and less impractical than some of my previous ones. Have been talking to Rick in Houston about his "super" VX, but almost certain it is sold.

...Looking at VX in Evansville/mt vernon (area) Indiana...LukeVx's 2001 black i was wondering if anyone "knows" this Vx...or was close enough, or is willing and able to do inspection for me? Already agreed on price, based on pictures and numerous emails, and only waiting to make sure Houston VX is REALLY sold. Otherwise will fly to indiana, ASAP and drive the 800 miles back. A bit worried about getting stuck on road (low miles, on 2001 VX , but you never know)....but I would rather chance that, unless I could feel "comfortable" with truck transport. Driving back seems my best option. Had a friend who used to drive car carriers....even though most get where they need to go in one piece, have heard a few horror stories. I have already "met" a few few folks on this site and have been gratified and impressed with their warmth, and willingness to help. Will entertain possibility of truck transport, if someone has personal recommendation? Hope to "officially" become A VXer very soon.
    Last edited by NYVX : 09/20/2006 at 04:45 PM

Newby

Hi........ Just purchased a 99 White Ironman VX w/ 99,750 mi. Purchase price was 6600.00. Need to find a way to bring back the lower cladding color/ finish to its original luster, any suggestions ?? Want to do some maint. that may be needed, like timing belts, trans. service, plug replacement or any other items that may arise. My wife and I have always wanted a V-Cross but just never found one that was available in our area or at a reasonable price. the condition of our VX is good, straight body, seemingly mechanically sound, interior perfect, it mainly looks as though it was parked outside for most of its life due to the fading of the body cladding. We look forward to enjoying the VX experience and browsing this site for ideas and experiences. Mike

new on the block

Quote Originally Posted by Moncha
    Use this thread to introduce yourself to the rest of the club.
    Even if you are just lurking, this is an important thread. Tell us a litle about yourself and your experience in finding your VX.
    While you are at it, select what you are driving here

Note:You will be able to reply to this thread but, you will not be able to respond to anyone else's. No photo's are allowed
    I'm a future vehicross owner and been looking for one for the passed year I had a couple of oppotunities but I let them slip by but I might be looking at one this Saturday and would like to know what to look for in order to make the right purchase or not so if anyone can give some advise it would be very welcomed.

831 miles...but think it was worth it!

Hi introduced myself below, but now "official"!

Just drove in this morning, with 2000 Kaiser 0280 from suburb west of Chicago. Flew out on a $100 dollar flight from Laguardia (NY) at 8 am Tuesday and made it back by 4:30 am Wednesday.

Never drove that far solo before...but it is was relatively painless in 0280. Pleasantly surprised at lack of soreness..Usualy have to move seat back past factory (6'5"/300 lbs), but was quite comfortable, luckily previous owner only listened to radio aqnd did not "use up" what seems to be a short lived cd player.... which I enjoyed on trip home

orig owner, all records always serviced by Isuzu...seemingly meticulous owner, mobil 1 only, 3 binders of shop manuals, manual on cd., all orig paperwork/service.. & other vx stuff was included

A bit bummed though, "impeccable" service record was spotty on 30K..no transmission flush. seems EVERYthing was done but that!
    Now at 41.5k and will flush tommorow, keeping fingers crossed it does not look too bad?

Not sure if my imagination, but seems to be very slight vibration when you put it in gear...did not notice that in Illinois. Not something real noticeable, but wondering if 0280 is trying to tell me something?

Still original tires with maybe 10k left... feels pretty solid till 80 mph ...then slight vibration (I-80 on way home gave many 80+mph moments)...decided on geolander 285/60/18 on stock 18" wheels and (wheel alignment was suggested by illinois dealer ,when tires needed replacing)

One thing when turning and approaching lock, weird, change in smoothness of turning... in last 10% before lock? don't know if that is normal?

Never thought I would do, what I just did, but glad I did it !

Hello from Raleigh, NC, home of the 2006 NHL Stanley Cup Champions – Carolina Hurricanes. My work schedule (frequent travel away from home) allowed me to attend all of the home games during the Stanley Cup Play-off Series in May and June 2006. Driving home from one of the games put me in a traffic situation whereupon I spotted my first Vehicross (white). Thus began my quest for my very own Vehicross.

Upon arrival at home, I did an immediate search on Google to determine just what kind of vehicle I had seen. Thanks to this website forum and the Vehicross Tribute Page, I determined that this was a great vehicle suitable to replace my aging 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Orvis Edition. A quick trip to eBay determined that there was a ready supply of used vehicles available. The more difficult job turned out to be – finding one locally available for sale such that I could actually get to spend some time with. BTW, there is no Isuzu dealer here in Raleigh; nearest one is 25 miles away in Durham.

After a few weeks, a black 99 with 70+K miles was located through the local CraigsList web page. So, I finally got to drive one and was mildly impressed. I did not buy it, mostly due to the exterior and interior colors (even though the red/black colors matched the Hurricanes’ team colors) and the aftermarket wheels/tires that were installed. Thus, my quest continued.

While continuing my search for a local buy, I saw several good ones show up on eBay but then disappear before the auction ended. I spotted 1 more (silver) here in the Raleigh area during my daily work commute of 65 miles, but alas no ‘for sale” sign. I spotted a white one on the road in the Huntsville, AL area during a business trip, again, no ‘for sale’ sign displayed. Another trip took me to Charleston, SC where 2 had been listed on cars.com or autoextra.com. By the time I arrived, one was already sold. I did get to see and drive the other one, a 2000 green with 96K miles. There was something about it that just did not feel right, plus the price was high considering the “wear & tear”. In searching on Autoextra.com, I noted an interesting anomaly, in that there was a search option for “V Cross”.

So, I took this anomaly information and started my searching again. On my local Craigslist I found a 2001 Proton Yellow in nearby Greensboro, NC with 70K miles in excellent condition. This one already had a dealer installed tow package and the price was a lot closer to what I was prepared to pay. It took about a month of trading e-mail notes and finding a time when it was convenient for both of us before I was able to see and drive the Proton. This one was truly in great condition with only a few cuts in center arm rest cushion, headlight lense crazing, and the “dreaded” driver/passenger window problem. It is now sitting in my garage. I am starting some of the mods (lights, performance, debadging, rear door) from this site while awaiting the arrival of the title.

My wife says I now have a “yellow” fixation. I don’t understand…I have only bought a yellow canvas L. L. Bean bag (garage sale price - $1), yellow wash bucket, yellow can koozie (gotta keep those drinks cold in such a ‘hot’ vehicle!), yellow flashlight, yellow bath sheet/towel (on sale at Macy’s for only $9.99), yellow paper note pads, and yellow battery jump-pack. My biggest dilemma is how to find Mobil 1 in yellow containers; may have to default to Pennzoil. Anyone make yellow oil filters?

Hello!
    My name is Vlad and just have sell my cadillac catera 1997 and bout Isuzu Ironman 1999 and i realy like it. Its liek absolutely different car and i mean it i very like it. I bout it with low milage just 40k and i want make it very sweet car from it so im gonna be asking a lot of questions about how to install stuff and other. Hope you guys will help me with some problems.
    Thanks

still searching

Good day to everyone . Well i'm still looking for a VCurrently I live in loUiSiAna. I'm holding out until January maybe February to get on a serious purchasing path . So I plan to be a PROUD VX owner Starting sometime in 2007.

Well it goes like this I was out wasting the day away with some friends ,We decided to go to local dealerships and browse through their inventory X . the last stop was a dodge/Isuzu dealer . Yep! in the showroom out of the elements a shiny new Iron Man . First time I had ever seen the mini beast . WOW! no car ever impacted me like that I was speechless . When I was finally able to pry my attention away from it . I asked many questions about this VX, sat in ,liked the feel and the view ,also appreciated the lack of millions of tiny Little buttons on the control panel (dashboard). It was as though it was designed for driving no distractions other than its cool body style. BUT at 30grand not for me.

Now they seem to be more in my price range and hopefully soon ill have one in my possession.

Test drove one recently was very close to purchasing it then poof it was gone,And then today10/19/06. I look on ebay and their it is in TX . Hmmmm. Although at this point
    I decided I don't want that one its missing the rear spoiler which the price quote that was given to me seemed a bit much $521.00 not installed just the spoiler. Also I fear that it may have some internal corrosion due to the exposed mounting holes on the VX's roof.

OK thats it for now .

Hello,
    My name is Piotr , I'm from Poland (Europe). With the help of my friend in the USA I bought 1999 Vehicross Ironman. The car will be shipped to Europe in a few days. I'm looking forward to see it. Vehicross is almost completly unknown here. First time I saw this car in a catalogue of 4x4 cars trucks suvs in 1999 y. Best regards to all.

Just getting started on my search for a VX. I accidentally stumbled across one looking at Isuzu's on ebay. Floored, completely, utterly floored. How could I live for 7 years without ever seeing one of these? Granted, I've always lived in small towns in Kentucky where having something that looks like a spaceship shuttlepod with AWD could be more of a nuisance than a blessing, but I'm willing to live on the edge a little and try my luck.

I'm still getting used to the idea that if I'm going to own one, I'll most likely be buying it from digital photos and sight unseen, and it almost turns my stomach to have to do it this way. I wanted to be a part of this community prior to purchase for moral support and encouragement : )

Just purchased a Silver 99 with 109.000 miles from Fredrick Maryland. I traded in my 1995.5 Rodeo LS. The VX will be my daily driver. I purchased a 2005 GTO in may of 2005 and have 33,000 miles on it, so I needed a daily driver that I would enjoy driving and this is it. I live in near Lynchburg Va. Great site guys.

Mrcln1

aNew black VX with audio system.

I just bought my share of my first car at 16, a 99 black VX. MY mom and dad matched wat I put into the car, i through 2-3k into it. My dad had one and i loved it and decided that i would liek one in the distant future. Long story short i ended up finding one in SC for 5900 and went for it. The only thing that i have discovered so far is that if u put a sealed jl box in the back it fits exactly with the the seat angle making a nice finished look. 6 inch speakers fit in the front and 4 inchs in the back. I have Jl audio speakers all the way around and two 12inch jl subs in a sealed enclouse with a precision power 300.4 amp and a alpine cda-9856 headunit and it sounds amazing. i would recomend puttin a system in the VX cause its road noise is actually relativly small considering its truck like suspension and its knobby-ish tires. But the hatchback style of the VX allows reverberation off the tirewell and creates a much louder sound than found in a truck or car.