Page 31 of 197 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

My name is Jim and i'm from Oregon

I live on the coast of Oregon and have owned my present vx for 3 years. I also have another that I bought new in 1999. I drive a silver vx during the week and have the other setup for towing behind my m/h. I am thinking about doing some modification to my driver to get a little more power. My tow vehicle is at present in poor condition due to an accident.

English Member

Just purchased a Jap import 3.2 V6. Great vehicle, had to have one once i'd seen a picture. Never seen another one on the road in this country yet.
    Been onto the site many times for info, no sites exist in the UK, found this site very helpful. Is there any other members from the UK? As I,ve already mentioned, I drive a mere 3.2 V6, but from what I can gather has the same performance figures, which are pretty impresive! Vehicles Silver/Blue, I'll post some pics shortly. What it is missing is a Reversing camera, I think you call it a Back-up Camera. This was standard spec on 99 models, unfortunately mines a 98. Anybody know where I might get one?

I recently purchased our yellow/black 00 VehiCross for my wife (of course I drive it more than she does). We've been wanting one ever since they came out. Ours has a 3 inch lift and is running 33x12.50's. It's a beautiful ride. I'm in the process of adding the step bars but have to do some serious mods to the mounting plates because the tires hit them in full turn (the only time that the phenominal turn radius hurts). I've also gotten Tune's hitch that I need to install so that we can tow our SeaDoos. I may have a permanent fix for the *&^%&*%^ windows - I'll post that in the tips section.

Glad to be part of the family.

Kaiser...

Driving down the road in a brandy new Toyota Crew Tacoma...spotted the VX on the side of the road at a Dealer...jumped on the phone, while performing a smokin' 4 wheel lock-up...told them to get that thing off the road, I am buying it! "Do you know how much we're asking?" the voice said..."I don't care, put it away!"
    At this point I didn't even know what it was. So here we are. I am getting alot of important and helpful information from you all and I appreciate this immensely! Since last October I have seen 2 other VX's here in Kingwood...both white. This is a small community of about 55k so this must be a record.
    Thanks again,
    Twilight Imaging.net

TI...you have some nice photo's on your site. You should make the trip to Moab for ZuZoo and chronicle some cool 4 wheeling!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Thanks!!

I was honestly thinking of that...if the date works I'll be there. I may have a shoot in Vancouver?
    Thanks for the props on the site, I appreciate it.
    This site is a great thing, I have really benefited from the information found here.
    Thanks again,
    Mike

Looking to buy

Hi my name is Amanda and I am lookiing to buy a VehiCross. I was wondering if anyone had any help or tips on what I should look for and whats important info. Also if there are any general problems for the VX that I should be aware of. Thanks for the help!

Hey Everybody

Im 25 yrs old and I Live in Colorado Springs CO. I have been hooked on vx's ever since I saw my first one abou 5 years ago . But today I test drove a 99 silver vx with 55000 on the odo. I really want to buy it but Im not sure on reliability and any usual problems that they have. If anyone has any info please I would greatly appreciate the advice before I make a purchasing decision. P.s. the v.x. Im looking @ has a 4in. lift on it does this pose a potiental problem and does anyone reccomend a carfax. Thnks again, DOC :grinr:

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Welcome newbies and wanna-bies! The VX is a fine daily driver with a couple of odd design quirks.

A suggestion - this thread is for saying "Hello!" to the community, so post questions by starting a new thread and you will get all the answers you need.

Send positive vibes my way, I might need them to help me get my new ride. I put a deposit on a '99 VX yesterday. Now, between loving relatives I am coming up with the cash. Yes, the guy wants cash only, 7700 plus tax, title and license. And I am starting with zero of my own, but have the ability to pay back my mom and soon to be mom in law just fine, with payments beginning next month. The only worry is getting that cash together within two weeks between the both of them. So if all goes well, I will be a real member of the VX drivers club soon.

If it works out, mine is a 99 black, in excellent condition. I found this vehicle after looking around for a rebuilt Eddie Bauer Bronco II. I had a bronco years ago and it was my favorite ride ever, as far as vehicles go So I was looking in an auto trader book and noticed a vehicle I had never heard of. Curiosity drove me to look it up online. This was the first vehicle my fiance and I agreed that we liked the look of. So we found one in Dallas about 70 miles from us.

After a test drive I was pretty much hooked in spite of my worries and doubts about blind spots. Thankfully I found this forum and read all about how to overcome blind spot problems. The feel of driving it was exactly like driving my Bronco II that I missed so dearly. So I can't wait to practice and become a proficient VX driver despite visibility issues. Wish me luck on getting the truck.

Jade

PS:
    Pics of it can be seen Here
    But I didn't buy it through that auction. And when those are no longer available here are some of the same on my Photobucket page Pics

Unhappy I lost My VehiCross

Well, not really. We sold it 5 yrs ago when we moved to Ft. Myers Florida. Now we want it back! Instead of buyers remorse we have sellers remorse! We thought we should grow up & be practical and buy a "family" car. What a mistake. Well, live and learn. maybe someday we will buy another.
    If you purchased an Ebony '99 VX in Ft. Myers FL a few years back.. We would like to hear if it was ours and how you love it. TY

Aloha from the islands!

My name is Dino and I live on the island of Maui.
    I'm a metal designer/fabricator/welder and a long time mechanic and jack of trades. I've worked in garages on everything from tow trucks to vintage Porsches. I even did a year on a Formula Mazda circut. I was the setup guy, dialing in suspension geometries and spring/shock rates. I was also the tuner and dealt with the jetting of the Mikuni DCOE carbs. Yep. I know carbs real well. Love them in fact. I have a set of 4 Mikunis from a GSXR 1100cc drag bike mounted up on my Mazda Miata. I woke the little dragon with that mod! Anyway, I like to tinker and invent and I actually enjoy working on my cars.

I saw my first VX one week ago today and it made me turn my head and go... hmmm. It was in Kahului in a Safeway parking lot. It was an Ebony Black one.

The next morning, while running errands in my Scion xB, I saw it AGAIN!! It was at the gas station and it pulled up as I was filling up. WOW!

I said "dude how do you like your new VehiCross?"
    He looked at me a bit odd and kinda nodded and sort of smiled. He liked it I guess...
    Then I said "I guess it has plenty of power with a V-6 huh?
    THEN he spoke! "Oh yea!"
    I mumbled to myself at that moment..
    "I want one of these" When I do that, I'm one of those types that won't rest until I get it if at all possible!

I could NOT get the thing out of my head for the rest of my day.

I called the dealer the next day (Monday) and to my surprise, learned that they were discontinued 5 years ago. I truly thought this was a new model release within the last year!!

What a design!

I got online and the door to the world of the VehiCROSS opened up! I started my search with the local papers nope. Hawaii statewide newspapers, nope.
    Craigslist!
    I found one! It was on Oahu. A 2000 Ebony Black one with 70K miles for $5700 or reasonable offer.

After much research and communication I knew that this was my next vehicle.
    We struck a deal.

I fly over there in 2 hours to hand the guy a check for $5K after a test drive that I'm pretty sure will go just fine. The full story of the purchase is in this thread.
    I should have my VX here by next Friday!

Any other Hawaii residents on here??

Greetings!

Hello everyone! I have been trolling on this site the last couple of weeks, I have been thinking about getting a VX for a very long time, and as of last week, I am the proud owner of an 01 Ebony! If I had not looked on this site first, I would have passed on this truck because it had some crazing on the headlights and the windows were a bit stogy, but after studying this forum I learned that these were very easy fixes (and I was able to talk the dealer down abit as well ^^). I just got done polishing the headlights, and have had all the fluid replaced with royal purple. I will be debadging it next week and generally obsessing over my new baby! I have never been so in love with an automobile! I just mainly want to say thanks to you all for sharing your ideas and thoughts on this forum, it has been an invaluable rescource for me, and I hope for years to come!

Hey All! ^_^

My name is Reynold (aka Hideki), I'm 16 but I don't have my license yet, but I am pretty much a fan of the VehiCROSS. I wish I can learn more about the VX and get along with the forums. ^_^

well when the VX first came out, I thought they were awesome but was in no financial state to get one. I showed my buddy Dumke and we both swore we would one day own one. He got his first last september and I went with him to Moab. I had a blast with everyone there and am currently searching for a VX of my own that I hope to have ready for next years event.