Page 32 of 197 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 82 132 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Talking new vxer

hi guys i got my 99 silver vx a few months ago and i must say this is the most fun Ive ever had driving a vehicle. i was wondering if, there are any other vxer's in florida ? I think i have the only one in st pete,
    everyone asks me what it is. I even catch people speed up to see the grill just to see what it is. does anyone else have this problem oh well , must say this site is awesome and I hope to hang out with you guys sometime.

I'm new

Hi! I'm new to this forum and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Don from Spokane, WA and I own a 2000 VX white ironman. I'm told that this is a very rare cool car. I was wondering if anybody out there is from Spokane (I've seen 4 other VX's so I know there's got to be some other members in the spokane area), because I think it'd be cool to hook up and start a spokane-based VX club. Or we could just get together and drink beer and talk about cars.

Red face Long time owner, new member

Hi all,
    When it was time to get a new car back in 2000 I was kinda looking around. Then one day I found a this picture in a magazine in the men's room, not of a girl but of "the car for me". I knew my search was over... Until I tried to get one, and discovered how rareness could boost a price. But as fate would have it my one of my father-in-laws neighbors was the regional distributor for isuzu for the area, and put me in touch with a deal that had one at a fair rate. I figured you could easily spend as much on other plain cars but the VX just spoke to me. (saying "buy me! buy me!").

So I've been happy, and of course had the "Hey there goes another one" a couple of times here in DFW, Austin and surpisingly Denton. I've had it out in Turlingua where it really fit in. We recently purchased a ranch in Arkansas and I hope to retire it there, because its rugged enough to put its abilities to use but not so hard as to really tax it in the retirement years.

Which brings me to now. I knew about the board for some time and got the Dylan towing kit and found a rear view camera kit I mounted on the spoiler. But luck ran out Wensday night, when on a trip to Arkansas "Starbug" hit a deer. Well more like threw a deer. I saw it in time to hit the brakes and the deer had just 'sprung' a few millisecs before impact, which was at about 20 mph. No airbag deploy thank goodness. Tossed / rolled the poor thing 20 feet down the road. After it shook its head, got up and ran off. But it did leave a lasting impression on the front profile, cracking the grill, and busting in the air conditioning radiator and idle fan, and bent the tip of the hood in. The lights still work though the pattern is a bit cross eyed. Friday it goes in for insurance apprasal, which might be a bit much considering the uniqueness of the vehicle.

So we're now looking for a full up brush/cattle/deer guard No worry, StarBug will fly again! (with better shields) And probably a new trip computer too.

So anyway, that's my VX story to date. Let's keep them in the wild as long as we can. Starbug has 114K and other than a few new sqeaks is doing fine. Guess the 120K checkup will come a little early...

(p.s. Is there anything else out there that's inspiring pepole like the VX? If so please let me know.)

black ice

My name is Frank and I live in St Louis County, MO.
    I've been driving a black '01 vehicross since early '02.
    While new car shopping in late '01, I noticed a '99 vehicross in the used car section. This was my first exposure to the vx. I gave it a quick once over noting the limited access to the rear seat, the limited view from the back seat, the red accents inside, and the protruding tire shape on the rear. I told a few friends about this odd car and i just couldn't get it out of my mind. I went back the next night to give it a closer inspection, but it was gone. I was crushed and hooked at the same time. I began a search and ended up buying a black '01 in early '02 and I've been driving it nearly every day since. I enjoy this car more than any other.

Oh dear, Sorry to hear about your deer problems, Deusbot . Do a forum search. I believe it happened to another member here too. I hope yours does not get totaled but from your description it sounds like a good chance its fixable. I hope that is true. As for other things as inspiring as the VX, I am sure it is a matter of personal preference. But my preference is the VX and I am just not seeing anything new come out that comes quite close enough to being the same.

Not much responses come out on this thread though so if you have questions after the appraisal about if there are replacement parts or anything else, post a new thread and you will get more responses. And welcome to the forums. Watch for me passing through Denton in my Ebony. I go through about once a month on my way to Lewisville.
    42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Smile Trudy

I live in Placer Valley, Alma Colorado, where the infamous Wheeler Lake 4x4 trail is located. My husband and I are diehard 4 wheelers that already have a Jeep Wrangler set up for off road use. Our house sits at 10,762 feet above sea level in the heart of 4 wheelers heaven. And Moab only a 5 hour drive away. The first time I saw a Vehicross, I thought it was the coolest thing, driving it confirmed that. Starting looking for just the right VX, one that had been sold in Colorado and stayed in Colorado. In March of 07, FOUND IT! It had 67k, a developing trans problem, but the price was right. And, it was an IRON MAN! I again lucked out, found a 2001 "roll over" at a Utah salvage yard with only 4200 miles on it, bought the entire driveline, except engine, for $950 delivered. That took care of the trans problem and I now have spare axles. Which, by the way, was caused by a cracked flexplate damaging the front pump bushing. You could drive it, but it wouldn't coast and it had a slight vibration. So I have offically joined the ranks! And yes, I've been to Moab with it and I still can't wipe the smile off my face.

wow

never posted on a forum.not very good with keyboard. my friend bought a new hybrid camry from my son.she sold me the trade.a rodeo in fine condition. when i researched the rodeo price i discovered the vx. wow got to have one .the heck with the rodeo.that night found one 500 miles away at an infinity dealer sounded good left that night.drove to charlotte n.c. drove it home 1999 silver one in great condition. what a rig wow

VX Proton

I was living up in Bellows Falls VT thinking about the need to buy a 4wd begore winter. This was JUne 2002. I drove past a dealer's lot and there was the strangest looking vehicle out front in bright yellow. My thoughts were what the hell is that. I had to pull in and see. The dealers tag said Proton yellow i thought that meant the car was a Proton. I had never seen or heard of the VX at the time. Well I test drove it and loved it buy the dealer had a 34,000 sticker on it and I was not paying that. Of course the dealer wanted shed of it so we played around till I got him down to 24,000. A few weeks later I am in Brattleboro and 4 VX come through an intersection where i had a red light. I always think they look like the moon buggies from Space 1999. Well I moved to Tarentum PA and met a guy who sold a VX but did not give them the bra and summer tires he had so he sold them to me cheap. He actually saw me on a bridge going the other way and uturned and followed me to work to offer them to me. Since then I have lived in CT and now TX so it has seen a good bit of the East side of the USA. I was actually surprised I needed new tires last month and was worried about the price but found them available on sale at tiresavings.com for $85 a tire and these were the Bridgestone original equipment tires not some cheap knockoffs. Of course it was $15 more per tire for S&H but still cheap.

Hi, group,

My brother has owned two 1991 Troopers and now owns a 1999 Trooper. He goes where Jeeps fear to tread, that truck is fantastic. I was checking AutoTrader for a used Trooper or maybe a Rodeo, and saw a model called "VehiCross" listed. I had never heard of such an animal so had to take a look.

That's all it took!

I don't have a VX yet, but I can see one in my future, I hope within 6 months!

Tom -- Vista, CA -- USA

Howdy!

Hello VX gang,

I (this morning) saw my first VX at a local used car lot, and I have to admit I was blown away by the styling, outside and in. I'm a huge Hummer nut, so SUV's are my passion. My daily driver right now is an Acura SLX (and as you all probably know, is a Trooper in a tuxedo). Anyhow, I'm a student right now, but I can definatley see myself in one of these boys for sure! I hope to learn a lot about 'em and meet some great new forum people!

Hummer Aficionado_VT
    A Hummer enthusiast enchanted by the VX.

well im from eugen oregon
    Hi Im Don
    Im 47 years old
    Married ..with 5 grownup kids
    all moved away

I dont own a VX yet
    but i was dealing with a settelment and started looking on the net for cars of interest and remembered a VX i saw at the local car lot years ago .could not remember the name but did remember it was a yellow isuzu...
    did some surfing and found out it was a VX...yeah..

well when the settelment gets here im looking for a clean nice VX for many years of fun and showing off to my friends..

I love this group the ideas and knowledge is A#1..
    Im happy to be part of it..

and hopefuly a driver in a VX soon..
    I wonder how many VXs are still alive ??????
    thx
    Don (Sgt.ROCK) Moore

Hi,

My name is Jon-Marc; I own an Acura CL-S, but my wife has a 99 white vx Ironman. I stumbled on this site becuase my father-in-law saw a big group of VX's at a resurant in the Dallas area and they told him to check out the website. He in turn told me to look at it, so I found 4 new 18" wheels and tires and i just got them today! I look forward to the information I can get from this site.

Hi,

My name is Jon-Marc; I own an Acura CL-S, but my wife has a 99 white vx Ironman. I stumbled on this site becuase my father-in-law saw a big group of VX's at a resurant in the Dallas area and they told him to check out the website. He in turn told me to look at it, and I found 4 new 18" wheels and tires and i just got them today! I look forward to the information I can get from this site.

Hello Everyone

Hi Everyone,

I own an 99 iron man edition and love it.just thought I would say hello.I just stumbled upon youre website this afternoon.does anyone know where I could locate an Ironman hood decal.the original owner that it was purchased from removed it.why I don't know.will post some pics asap.

Thanks
    duey377
    Macomb Twp MI

Hey everyone,

Just found this site and it rocks!! I have been looking to spruce up my 99 VX since I got it a year ago and this place is fueling my mind with ideas. I'm in Austin now, and I have seen at least 3 other VXs around town. I am easy to spot as I work for Tiff's Treats (which if you are from Austin then you should know what I am talking about) and have a big sign on my car when working. Anyways, looking forward to being a part of this place!

Justin