Page 37 of 197 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 87 137 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Beginner VX 'er

Hey All!, I'm Dan, and I have known about the Vehi Cross for years, but I finally introduced my girlfriend to a picture of one, and, well,.... a week later she owns a '99 Astral silver VX. She Love it, and calls it BADASS! (can i say that!?) Needless to say, if I'd known just how awesome they really were, I'd have ten of 'em by now. I will be picking one up within the next 2 mos. hopefully! Maybe someone here knows of one in Wisconsin. Well,.. see you all inside, and great job with this site!!

Talking New VX member !

Hi V-X Guys !
    What's up ?
    This club if so fun & interesting.
    Well,i purchase an few weeks ago a 1999 V-cross here in NYC & all i can say is that I LOVE HIM the first time ever i saw one was on a parking lot 2 years ago at an shopping mall where i used to work,i approach the owner & ask him where in the hell's name he bought that toy.
    He provide me with good info about the VX,even invite me to test drive it for about 5 miles & that was it.
    Since then i've focused in finding one & succesfully found this one with only 38,000 miles from pocoset,MA with every thing i dreamed to have,leather seats,CD changer & cassette player,etc.
    Today i made a stop at an home depot to purchase a couple of stuff & as soon i got out side i saw few individuals looking at the VX,a chick went further & took few pics with her cellphone while sitting at the driver's seat;All of those guys though that it was a 2008 truck due the excelent exterior/interior conditions of the truck.
    At that moment i felt very good because i never though that this was actually happening to me.
    The only turn off about the VX is that doesn't come with factory moonroof,but after surveying the web page i realize that's possible to have that done.
    I'll looking foward to perform that job soon.Right now i replacing the whole sound sys with kenwood products & installing a remote starter because is freaking cold out here guys.
    See ya !

Just bought my VX with 140,000 miles on it in Chesapeake, VA, it is a 2001 White Ironman #1093, it still runs great, I will be taking it to Kodiak, AK this Summer, where I will be stationed for the next 4 years in the U.S. Coast Guard, I hope it's up to the challenge.

There are a couple of other VX owners in AK. I seem to remember one talking about how robust and dependable the VX was in that harsh climate, compared to another, newer vehicle.

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Hi!
    After about a year looking for my 1st VX, I finally found one.
    Its a 2000 ebony I bought from ebay. This is my first online car purchase and my first VX. I hope the transaction goes through smoothly. I'll post pics when it gets here. I'm in Virginia beach, VA btw... I have seen 1 vx around here and thats it.

New Member of the Forum Seeking Advice

Ok I am new to the group. I have wanted one of these vehicles for a while. I am pretty mechanically savvy but need some advice about things to be careful of.
    I have been checking e-bay regularly and it looks like the iron man edition that is currently listed in Las Vegas "seems" reasonable. If there are prior postings that I should check out please let me know.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hey all,
    Been to the site before but finally decided to join up. I own a 2000 Kaiser silver vx and bought it about 6 months ago after wanting one since they first came out. I have a few things to fix on it (my driver seat leans back on the right side) i would also like to lift it and get better tires having owned only offroad vehicles my entire life (thats the main reason i bought it) I know of one other Red vx in my town but have yet to run into him so not many people here know what they are. Well thats about it for now i guess.

Well I am not so much new as back, I sold my 99 silver a couple of years ago and am now in the market for another, I am looking for a Kaiser or Black, maybe even the right foxfire, preferably with the grey int, Does anyone know the Member Rooster? he has one for sale that I would pick up today, however i cannot seem to get in contact with him through this website, if anyone knows him would they please contact him or let me know how??? Thanks and hope to spend more time here.

Smile Short Term Newbie

Hello Everyone,

I have enjoyed reading about your VX's on here for a while. I am joining now for two reasons. First, I need some advice on what type of shocks to use that would make for a better ride and not be to far from original. Secondly I plan on selling my VX with or without new shocks. I will post threads in the appropriate spots.
    I purchased my VX on a whim from my barber who was looking to buy a BMW convertible. We made the deal in just a couple of days and we were both happy. That puts me up to 4 cars, (98 Chevy Express Van, 2008 Prius, 75 Corvette), and now I just can't keep it anymore. Have to make room in the garage for my newer car (Prius).
    It is all original, except for the CD player of course, and although it is very fun to drive and it gets lot's of comments, I am tired of hitting my head on the roof when driving down the roads in my city. It's too nice to use as an everyday car so it's going. I'll be talking to you soon.

Proton Rookie

Hi All,

Thanks for a great site. I monitored for weeks when I was finally ready to purchase my first VX. I learned much from y'all and appreciate such a thorough and well-designed site. I bought a 2001 Proton with 70,000 miles. It's in tip-top shape, seemingly. A couple gravel chips out of the front of the hood, but other than that she's a beauty. I live on Florida's Treasure Coast. We're right on the East Coast south of Daytona Beach and North of Palm Beach. It's paradise actually, but I'm a native with no objectivity. Anyway, according to Carfax this VX spent the first 3 years of its life in Michigan, but apparently wasn't driven much in the winter. She's in a better place now...my garage . Thanks again. I'm sure I'll be tapping into the expertise found on this site often. :bwgr:
    Last edited by BuxGuy : 01/27/2008 at 08:47 AM

How Much. if you don't mind

Hey BuxGuy,

What did you give for your VX? Mine sounds very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by largecanine View Post
    Hey BuxGuy,

What did you give for your VX? Mine sounds very similar.
    I got it for $11490. I used this forum and KBB to help me determine what a 'fair' price might be. I feel like I did OK, but I guess only time will tell. I'll post some shots in a day or two.

Hey Gang! I'm one of the newer VX members. I've been a fan since the comercial that showed the VX passing a rocket car...I also remember a turbine vert version in a space movie..
    I didn't realize until last year why I couldn't find one in a local auto trader..just aren't that many..so I read up on the history, joined this site and have appreciated the info you all put out.
    I'm 49, engaged to be married for the 2nd and last time this spring..she loves my VX by the way... I used to be an Army Attack Helicopter Pilot and own a 10 year old company called Tactical and Rescue Gear, www.trgear.com , that makes custom products for the military and police and fire rescue markets..also rep tons of companies ...if you are a flashaholic I have the worlds coolest flashlights, also oakley maui jim, balistic vests and a very cool company that makes ballistic glass and bomb resistant vehicles...so glad to be a new member and look forward to meeting feloow VXers...

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    I used to be an Army Attack Helicopter Pilot
    Hi Woody! I'm a newbie here, too, but wanted to be the first to thank you for your service to our Country. You Army guys (and Gals) ROCK! Good luck with the VX.

Smile Howdy Yall...TexasProton is in the House!!

Hello Yall,
    My name is Ollie, I am 47 years old and I live in the Austin, Texas area. I come from a business development and technical background. When I worked at Kroger "Grocery Store" in College Station I was able to build the number one seafood shop in the nation. I went on to start my computer company and was able to develop it into A multimillion dollar company by its third year. With the collapse of the computer market back in 2000; we lost it all mostly due to slow paying government agencies and state universities. No regrets though; I learned a lot and met a lot of great people and that was priceless. I moved my family into the Austin area in May of 2005...we love it here in Austin. Currently I work for an Audio Marketing Company as their Client Services Manager. Great company if any of you guys out there would like to add a very professional Message OnHold to your phone system to entice your callers to learn more and buy more of your own products and services.
    On 1/12/2008 I drove home my first 2001 VX...Proton Yellow (actually my wife drove while I was driving the old 1978 Dodge van and trying to keep from running off the road while having my eyes fixed on the rear view mirror watching the "Little Bundle" make its jurney to its new home in Austin).