Page 39 of 197 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 89 139 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

awesome! is that the silver VX that was for sale in northern VA by a private seller? I forget exactly where it was located, but it was only about 20 minutes from brunswick, md

i've sold a few of those cup/coin holders on the forum, never installed one myself though. I think the only way to do a double-din unit in a US VX is to fiberglass a new dashboard and either re-locate or get rid of the center A/C vents.. but the dashboard assemblies are readily available in rodeos so if you wanted to try modding one, it would be easy to find a donor

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

yes it was a private seller. It was in lovettsville, you probably have seen it while you were driving on the Berlin Turnpike (287). He had it for sale on the side of the road just before crossing the bridge into MD (when driving north)

Hello Everyone

Hello All I'm a new member do to the fact that I just bought my VX, a 2001 to be exact, Definitely a totally different vehical than anything I've ever drove, I love it. Any pointers anyone can give me towards the VX would be Appreciated

Welcome to the addiction BIGWEDGE67. Other than keeping the window tracks lubricated, keep a close eye on your oil & keep an eye on your CV boots for cracking - just read through the threads for all kinds of useful advice (everything from performing your own maintenance to mods & troubleshooting. Don't forget to download the PDF versions of the shop manual too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Window

my Passenger side window is kinda sticky, Maybe I better get on it, lol

Smile hello..hola!!

My name is Maria, I just buy a vehicross, yellow..is not here yet, is coming from Minessota (probably this weeknd)..please excuse my english, hablo espaņol, and i would love to know everything that can help me to understan my futuro beauty,,..I live in Sarasota Fl..and i can't explain how happy..i am , whit my new kid..my yellow vehicross.thanks to everybody here!!! and by the way I still traying to work in my skills..at the forum..
    One more time, thanks, gracias!!
    Maria
    Last edited by tropicalmaria : 03/03/2008 at 05:21 AM Reason: mistake the city

Quote Originally Posted by tropicalmaria View Post
    My name is Maria, I just buy a vehicross, yellow..is not here yet, is coming from Missuri (probably this weeknd)..please excuse my english, hablo espaņol, and i would love to know everything that can help me to understan my futuro beauty,,..I live in Sarasota Fl..and i can't explain how happy..i am , whit my new kid..my yellow vehicross.thanks to everybody here!!! and by the way I still traying to work in my skills..at the forum..
    Maria
    welcome maria!!! there is only a few vxers down here. but im sure you will make some friends on here. your in my neighborhood so hit me up if you need anything.
    My cow died last night ......so I don't need your bull!

Maria yo tambien hablo espanol soy de mexico cualquier duda que tengas dime y yo ayudare en lo que pueda
    ----------------------
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein

New

I'm new to the family as well Maria, I just got my VX about a week ago so I guess we will be learning together lol, Still trying to figure out what the option button is for on the darn remote, lol

Quote Originally Posted by tropicalmaria View Post
    My name is Maria, I just buy a vehicross, yellow..is not here yet, is coming from Missuri (probably this weeknd)..please excuse my english, hablo espaņol, and i would love to know everything that can help me to understan my futuro beauty,,..I live in Sarasota Fl..and i can't explain how happy..i am , whit my new kid..my yellow vehicross.thanks to everybody here!!! and by the way I still traying to work in my skills..at the forum..
    Maria

Hi Maria,

Fellow Floridian and Proton Yellow VX owner. Welcome to the group. Next time we're in town for a Bucs game we'll give you a shout!

1999 (2001) Radiant Red 157/175 "lil pwny"
    HI guys, i am from Australia. I have just bought a firefox (i think that is what the red is called) VX. I bought it from a private seller in Brisbane and i live in canberra (1200 km or so) so this weekend i have a drive ahead of me apart from keeping oil topped up what else should i watch for? Also could someone tell me when the timing belt needs to be changed? the car has 100k on the clock so i am thinking its soon.

PS. does anyone know where i can get a manual for it? i have looked all over the web and cannot find a copy anywhere

I think the recommended interval is 70K for the timing belt. If it's a US model (3.5L motor) then the 1999,2000 or 2001 manual, depending on which year it was made (there's some variation in the climate control and harness). You can try Helm.

1999:
    http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.a...ected%5Fmedia=

2000:

2001:

In either case the one marked "porfolio" will give you the whole packet that came with the truck in the US. If it's a JDM model then your out of luck as I believe those only came with Japanese manuals.

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

1999 (2001) Radiant Red 157/175 "lil pwny"
    [QUOTE=johnnyapollo;119672]I think the recommended interval is 70K for the timing belt. If it's a US model (3.5L motor) then the 1999,2000 or 2001 manual, depending on which year it was made (there's some variation in the climate control and harness). You can try Helm.

It is my understanding that it was the Japanese model that was imported to Australia. (3.5 ltr DOHC)

I have down loaded one manual from this site but its for the US version. I dont there is much difference execpt you guys have the steering wheel in the wrong place

i might start a thread and see if there are any aussie's on this forum.

cheers

I think the 1999 175 Limited Editions came with the 3.5 (could be mistaken though) - if so all the engine stuff should be pretty much the same (emissions may be slightly different and the JDM had a different exhaust run, if memory serves). I think there are a couple of aussies and a kiwi or two on the forum, but I haven't seen them around in a while (one guy was Chinese living in AU but he's disappeared).

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

New member intro

Hello all,
    I just bought a '99 black and I am thrilled.
    Once years ago I saw a black one pass me on the right on I-95 at tremendous speed. I knew I had to have one just like that. Drove it home 300 miles yesterday. It was awesome. Quick and held the road like a slot car (although it handles rough pavement only slightly better than my old Land Cruiser.)Took the plunge and I am eager to learn what I can from this site.
    I am not much of a talker but I listen fairly well. I live in NY and would be interested to know if anyone knows of a good repair shop on Long Island.
    I love the WTF looks it got on the drive.
    Peace,
    Mike