Page 42 of 197 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 92 142 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

They are definitely rare. About a week driving it now, and I already had people come to me and ask me, “Who makes it?” or my favorite “Are they available to buy already?”

Forgot to mention, I went to get emissions done, and the VX did not fit in the 4WD/AWD bay, turns out the wheelbase is too short. I asked, how about the Audi TT or Golf GTI AWD, they said that those fit. They ended up doing only a tailpipe test.
    I went back to work, I have a friend with a GTI and another one with a TT, and sure enough, the VX’s wheelbase is SHORTER! That is crazy

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by altruisticintentions View Post

I joined this site recently and have spent many hours reading but not posting. I am new to the VX so I was in the learning phase. The forums here are awesome and the members really go the distance.
    I bought my VX in Miami. I live in Daytona Beach. I had planned on taking it to Colorado with me but one week ago a friend was driving it when it over heated. I dont know how long he drove it for but the head is completely warped. So now it seems to be a big risk to put in new head cylinders (not sure I know what that is) at $1400 when I dont know what the extent of the damage is to the block. I am mildly mechanically inclined and probably only know enough to do damage.
    Does anyone know a good place to get an engine new or used?
    Are there any upgrades I should do considering the extent of this work?
    I love my VX and dont wish to get rid of it regardless of Isuzu pulling out.
    I apologize for being so ignorant on the vehicle but there is only so much time in the day to invest so any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your assistance and I hope I get the chance to reciprocate...

You should start a seperate thread on this topic for better results.
    Not everyone reads this thread every time there is a new post.

FWIW, I think Tone (use search) has a set of heads for sale, but it's been a while since I heard that.

Quote Originally Posted by chelo View Post
    Thanks all for the welcoming!
    Mine belonged to Bob (VXtreme) from SLC, Utah.
    Is it true that the guy that designed the VX also designed the FX35/45?
    I'm not sure about the FX35, but I am pretty sure the same designer is behind the Nissan Murano, but don't quote me on that...

Bart

New to me Proton

Hi Everyone,

Recently grabbed a 2001 Proton out of New Jersey. It's new home is in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. I have not seen another one here.

69k miles, 0643

Changed tires to Kumho 255/55R18 and put Trooper face plates on the tach and speedo to get km/hr marking as required for Canadian importation along with daytime running lights.

I will be watching oil consumption!

Anyone know the history on this one?

Bond

I don't but you may be able to find something using the search function.

Welcome to the adiction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

2000, Kaiser Silver, 47,500 miles

New Home Ogden Utah.

Looking forward to learning from everyone!

Immediate mods planned.

Line-x / Rhino Line all the cladding matching as close to possible to the stock color.

And a Hitch... Still haven't figured out which route I'll go on that, probably a custom hidden job.
    Last edited by taylorRichie : 04/14/2008 at 06:37 AM Reason: called it astral, it's kaiser

Welcome to the addiction.

Tone sells a hidden hitch (at least he used to).

http://www.tonemonday.com/vxparts.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Welcome.

tom4bren - Used the search feature to see if i could find my production number. Got 4 hits. All your posts containing 1134. lol

Sorry 'bout that. I guess you got one 1134 of a ride.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Smile

Hi Guys i am just about to buy my first VX
    its jap import but has only ever been used in the UK
    its the smaller 3.2 but same HP as the US ones
    i wondered if anyone could tell me what to watch out for when buying a used VX
    i have a choice of four to choose from and really love the dark metallic green one
    cheers
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Greasemonkey View Post
    Hi Guys i am just about to buy my first VX
    its jap import but has only ever been used in the UK
    its the smaller 3.2 but same HP as the US ones
    i wondered if anyone could tell me what to watch out for when buying a used VX
    i have a choice of four to choose from and really love the dark metallic green one
    cheers
    Steve
    Steve, there are alot of newbies this month.. check out this thread... there is alot of good info

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=13307

and welcome
    Jeff

Hello folks. My name is Jason and I live on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I'm near Hatteras, Nags Head, Kitty Hawk, Duck, Corolla, etc. I'm interested in getting a VX. I had a lot of questions but I found all the answers (so far) by using the search. So thanks!!

My main problem with finding a VX is that I'm in a fairly remote area and most shippers don't really want to come all the way out here. I am out of the way no matter where you are going...unless you are going to Ocracoke. I might have to fly somewhere and drive one back but I've been pretty busy lately and might not have the time.

I also have a short attention span so I might forget all about the VX and be onto something else in a week!! What was I saying?

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks to all that answered my questions before I even asked them.

-JRS

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JRSOBX View Post
    Hello folks. My name is Jason and I live on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I'm near Hatteras, Nags Head, Kitty Hawk, Duck, Corolla, etc. I'm interested in getting a VX. I had a lot of questions but I found all the answers (so far) by using the search. So thanks!!

My main problem with finding a VX is that I'm in a fairly remote area and most shippers don't really want to come all the way out here. I am out of the way no matter where you are going...unless you are going to Ocracoke. I might have to fly somewhere and drive one back but I've been pretty busy lately and might not have the time.

I also have a short attention span so I might forget all about the VX and be onto something else in a week!! What was I saying?

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks to all that answered my questions before I even asked them.

-JRS
    WELCOME...I think I can speak for the majority of the clan in saying Thank You, for having the good sense to use the search function & find the answers to questions that have been asked a thousand times...

How Refreshing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    WELCOME...I think I can speak for the majority of the clan in saying Thank You, for having the good sense to use the search function & find the answers to questions that have been asked a thousand times...

How Refreshing!
    I'm a real estate appraiser and spend way too much time on appraisersforum. I feel that pain with the same questions over and over again!!

But...you are very welcome!! HA!