Page 44 of 197 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 94 144 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Ronnie,

Welcome to the addiction. Check out this thread (there are others too):

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...threadid=13307

Spike & etlsport are trying to get together a mini-meet in your area. Check the calendar. Good opportunity to learn much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

ronnie, welcome! is that the ironman that was listed on craigslist? i emailed back and forth with the seller a couple time about this site, don't know if he ever posted it up for sale here, but glad you found the site!

you should definitely try to make it out to the meet on the 20th.. then we will have a 99, 00, and 01 there heh.. and even if you dont have your vx by then you should still come out and check ou the nice cars and we can talk VX

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Yep-got it today. Never saw one except for today. Traded him even up for a 2002 Freelander w/75k on it. It was new with lower miles but I dare to be different! Looking forward to adding some cool stuff on.

welcome you poor soul you........lol..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

awesome! cant wait to see it next friday

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Welcome!! I bought one 2 months ago...

And my to date cost not counting the vehicle itself is: $6050.05

In fairness that includes gas, and tools I purchased to work on the VX Good luck!!

BTW none of my "worked on" was repairs (with the exception of driver's side window bracket) the rest was mods.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnieb View Post
    Yep-got it today. Never saw one except for today. Traded him even up for a 2002 Freelander w/75k on it. It was new with lower miles but I dare to be different! Looking forward to adding some cool stuff on.

Well you definitely traded up. I’ve heard so many bad things about the Freelander are they true?
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Hi All,

I had my vehicross since July 2007 and I love everything about my VX. I actually stumble across this car by accident. I was trying to qualify for a newer car, a Pontiac Gram Am. When I couldn't qualify for it. I was told I only qualified for a 1999 or older. They brought me ever 1999 dump they could find on the lot. Right when I was about to get my money back and leave they hooked me up with the VX. It was love at first sight. Even the dealer was jealous selling me the car. He gave me all the info about the limited editions and there was even a website for owners to celebrate the wonders of this car. I'm not sure if this is the website, but I'm glad to meet others that share our love for the VX.

Marjie

Heck!!

Been on here since December 2003 and just noticed I didn't introduce myself.

Darrin here and I was born (1965) and raised in Denver, CO. Went to Kansas City back in late 2003 to buy my first VX. Moved out to Ohio in 2004 for work and in late 2005, had an accident and totaled the VX. Went to Rhode Island and bought my second one, the one I have know. I live now in Moab, UT, just move here Feb. 08.

Have a 21 year old Marine, a dog named Juba, and welcome anyone for a vist.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnieb View Post
    Good deal.. those freelanders where fUUUGHly

I might as well RE-introduce myself since I've been off the board for some time and out of the VX too. Bought our VX back in 2001, dealer had bought it to "speculate" and when that didn't work out, we bought it off of him (it's a 99 and hadn't been registered).

I'm a journalist/photojournalist by trade and for me, this was, and still is in many ways, the perfect vehicle for the job. Unfortunately, my wife, who was driving our RX7 daily a short distance, decided SHE wanted to drive the VX. Ok, maybe I wanted to drive the 7 a bit more.

So we swapped. I slid the RX7 into a racecar/weekend warrior slot and picked up an Evo as a daily driver. My wife continued to drive the VX up to 122,000 miles when a new job also landed her a company car and a gas card. So the VX sat.

In February, she was diagnosed with cancer at 32 years of age and we decided, at that point, to make a few drastic changes. I put two of my loves up for sale, the RX7 and Evo, and decided I'd drive the VX again since we own it outright. It holds a bit more stuff than the RX7. The evo's probably been the best all-around car I've ever owned simply based on the fun to drive factor. It's stupid looking but dynamically, it's a fantastic ride. I'll miss her. She'll be on her way to Germany and a new owner soon.

Yeah, gas mileage sucks and the VX is what she used to be but overall the car is still going strong. We have the usual window issues (both sides), some rust is now showing in spots, cladding looks like crap (fixed that earlier this week), headlights fog over so I have to polish them periodically, wife managed to do the leather steering wheel in, CD changer took a dump, the shocks are probably gone and it has a nice oil leak.

But the transmission and engine seem to be solid. I'm actually sitting at a tranny shop where I'm having the transmission and diff fluids changed right now. I can probably fix the oil leak. It still drives very well despite the shocks.

I've since swapped over my stereo system, polished the headlights and done a bit of R&R on the cladding. I plan on fixing the oil leak, installing new shocks and possibly a set of 18" wheels and tires. I have an aftermarket intake on her and that'll probably be swapped over for the OEM air intake/filter for gas mileage purposes. I also plan on doing a bit of exhaust work. I'm sure those cats aren't looking too pretty at 122K.

So I'm back for at least a few more years. I figure I'll hit pretty close to 150K by the end of the year given my job description and past yearly mileage rates. Strangely, or maybe not so strangely, I was really looking forward to driving the VX again. I'm pretty happy with it.
    Michel
    2006 FX35
    99VX (Sold)
    95RX7 500rwhp (Sold)
    2005 Evo VIII SSL (Sold)
    2004 Aprilia RSV-R Factory-lots o mods
    www.michelfortier.com

Thumbs up

Once in the family......you're stuck with the family. Welcome back!!!
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    Once in the family......you're stuck with the family. Welcome back!!!
    Peace.
    Tom
    (thread jack ON...) You hear that BIJU ??? ... (thread jack OFF)

And yes, Welcome Back, to the finest automotive enthusiast forum on the web...BAR NONE !

Howdy VehiCROSS.info

Hi, Folks,
    I've been a lurker on VehiCROSS.info for about a year and I joined last December while we were looking at a local Proton.

I have previously owned mostly British cars (8 Land Rovers, MGB, Rover SD1, Rover Mini). I have restored most of the older ones, and I keep them for about three years. We're moving from California to Nebraska this December (Army), and I was thinking I need another 4wd.

If you know Land Rovers, we have had: ’72 88” SW, ’65 109” SW, ’90 Rangie, ’97 Disco XD, ’91 Rangie GDE, ’61 V8 Coiler Hybrid, ’03 Disco TreK, and currently, a ’93 Rangie LWB.

I drove a Proton VX new off the lot for a test drive back in 2001 in Colorado Springs. We did a little off-roading with it and got it stuck (our fault). We returned it at night so they couldn't see the mud in the wheel wells. Last year there was a Proton in Santa Cruz and we checked it out. It had paint work (strike one), and the plastic cladding had turned an uneven grey (strike two). Beyond that, it was over-priced (you’re out…).

Anyway, I just bought David Dorado’s Foxfire with 59K miles and we are meeting him tomorrow to pick it up.

I’m an Army Information Operations (PSYOPs, Civil Affairs, Public Affairs, etc.) Major. I’ve been in the Army 21 years and I’m currently attending Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, CA.

I look forward to being involved in the forums to the best of my relatively novice VX expertise. Thanks in advance for all of the stupid questions that you may feel inclined to respond to. Bren.
    Bren Workman
    Gretna, NE
    (C) 402-312-1992

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2000 Dragon Green Mica, SUV/Utility, 0262

Hello All!

Hey Everyone! This is my first Post. My name is Jeff. I Live in Michigan. I found my VX last November just by "right place, right time." I wasn't even looking for a vehicle. I still have my Tahoe, it's sitting now because of the $4.20/gal. Gas Prices.

This VX was sitting in a back lot of this dealership. The owner said it was his new neighbors that moved here from Colorado. I asked to look it over. He said to come back the next day so he had time to shine it up.

I think I drove it for 5-minutes. Went back to the dealership and paid the man. It was that quick! I was SOLD! These things are real head-turners. But more than that they are a blast to drive. I have never been asked so much about a vehicle before.

I have people asking me what dealership they could buy it from. I told them, "you can't!" They always say, "What do you mean, I can't?!" I tell them it's 8-years old....I've been called a LIAR and a JERK! They say it can't be 8-years old, it looks brand new and we've never seen one of these before.

I giggle and smile for a bit. Then I show them my Registration and watch their jaws drop.

This is truely WAY ahead of it's time.

I look forward to continue to add MODS to my vehicle, and using the previous and current Threads for ideas and help with installs. Thanks for any and all support.

From what I've read, and there is alot more to read, you guys rock with information and ideas. I'm looking forward to finding and upgrading parts as soon as I can find them and can afford them!