Page 45 of 197 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 95 145 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Quote Originally Posted by Moosewilks View Post
    Hey Everyone! This is my first Post. My name is Jeff. I Live in Michigan. I found my VX last November just by "right place, right time." I wasn't even looking for a vehicle. I still have my Tahoe, it's sitting now because of the $4.20/gal. Gas Prices.

This VX was sitting in a back lot of this dealership. The owner said it was his new neighbors that moved here from Colorado. I asked to look it over. He said to come back the next day so he had time to shine it up.

I think I drove it for 5-minutes. Went back to the dealership and paid the man. It was that quick! I was SOLD! These things are real head-turners. But more than that they are a blast to drive. I have never been asked so much about a vehicle before.

I have people asking me what dealership they could buy it from. I told them, "you can't!" They always say, "What do you mean, I can't?!" I tell them it's 8-years old....I've been called a LIAR and a JERK! They say it can't be 8-years old, it looks brand new and we've never seen one of these before.

I giggle and smile for a bit. Then I show them my Registration and watch their jaws drop.

This is truely WAY ahead of it's time.

I look forward to continue to add MODS to my vehicle, and using the previous and current Threads for ideas and help with installs. Thanks for any and all support.

From what I've read, and there is alot more to read, you guys rock with information and ideas. I'm looking forward to finding and upgrading parts as soon as I can find them and can afford them!
    welcome! congrats on your purchase.. sounds similar to how i got mine.. admired them for years.. was looking for a honda accord... saw one on the honda lot.. drove it about 2 miles.. came back and wrote em a check

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Hi all,

Based on the thread title, I'm not sure I qualify for these forums because I seem to lack a fairly important piece of the puzzle: a VehiCROSS. However, I DO have a Subaru, so perhaps the AWD can be a common ground of sorts? In any event, I am currently in the market for a VX and I have been trying to learn as much as I can about the vehicle as I can.

I have already begun my search for used vehicles including the usual locations: craigslist, autotrader, etc. It seems that they go for mid-5000's on the low end (usually with wear and tear) and up to 10k on the high end. When the VX originally came out, I was extremely interested, but at the time it seemed to be fairly cost prohibitive. However, this is a perfect price for a car that seems like it should be worth a lot more.

I have probably already said more than I should for an "Introductions" thread, but it seems like the forum layout is tailored more towards folks that are already lucky enough to own a VX, so I'm still trying to make my way around the forums so that I can learn as much as a I can.

Anyway, I hope to soon be a part of your club and you will hopefully see me around in the meantime and beyond!

Welcome!
    You won't find a better place to learn what to expect B4 U buy, or a nicer, more informed bunch of vehicle owners than right here!
    There are alot of VX's up for sale right now with the gas prices in the state they are. It's a buyer's market, so be patient, and the right VX will make an apperance.
    Best of luck!
    James W Barron
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a Sith sense....I see Darth people...

Oh, yea.
    Be prepared to travel or have the VX shipped when you do find the right one. I shipped my Dragon from New Jersey to California for around 1500 bucks. Owners here on this site are all over the country, so you might be able to talk one of them into checking out a potential buy for you. Who better than a current owner to give it a once over?
    Best,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely keep that in mind. There are a couple that I currently have my eye on right now, so I may ask around so I don't have to make a trip all the way up from Texas.

So, did I read correctly that folks go out to Moab in a huge caravan? I saw a couple pictures and that looks like tons of fun! Is that normally once a year?

Thanks for the welcome!

How about Colorado VX's

Hi, Drowd,
    There are presently five Vehicrosses on Denver Craigslist. I would think shipping to Houston would be $800-$1000. Even if a seller is set on the price, they often may split shipping. A couple claim nice condition with reasonable prices. I just got a 60K mile, one-owner Foxfire for $10K. That's normal for a nice condition stock, IMHO. Nice and lots of mods (for instance, I'll never have a chance for VXC skid plates), up to $14K. The less-than-$10K are hit or miss for mileage/condition. Definately obtain good pictures of paint and cladding condition, seats, engine bay and chassis pics. VX's raised in rust states or often put-away-wet, achieve a nice rusty chassis patina. Not a big deal per-say, but get good pictures; seats with big bolsters get scraped easily. Good luck. I searched for six months to find one somewhat close to me. I wanted to see mine in person, but it's not necessary if you and the seller have shared lots of information.

http://denver.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=vehicross
    Bren Workman
    Gretna, NE
    (C) 402-312-1992

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Always wanted one...

Finally got one. Today. Its a dragon green 2000.

Just sayin' hello and I have VX #0232. I hope I can keep it alive for a few more years. This site is great.

King Frog

Welcome and nice color choice!
    Milage and price details?
    Pictures, please!
    Best,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh, I will get pics...soon....It has 104,000 and it cost me 7,500 smackers. I did get a 6month warranty though!
    It seems to run great! I love the way it rides.
    I will get some pics up here soon...

Thumbs up Few mods

hey, My name is Chris and I have a 99 silver VX with a few mods including cup holders out of a 99 Trooper, flow master w/dual exhaust, charcoal painted 16" rodeo wheels, micheline X radial LT 10 ply, yakima basket, westin foglight bar, mustang fog lights, satelite radio, titanium reflective smoke tint, and a calimini cone. I will have some pics posted soon, it has some dings and scratches especially the hood from where idiots press the hood shut but it still turns heads.
    Last edited by keepercoach : 06/27/2008 at 08:28 AM Reason: info

A new VXer(maybe)

Hello all,
    I'm Jim Jessup and I'm from San Diego CA.
    Was ready to go out and buy one of these beauties this weekend.Well, until I used this great forum to find that I may not be able to tow the VX( without major mods).
    Please help me!! I've seen the VX for years and never got close enough to see who made it! Now I did and now I can't have one! Whaa!

Jim

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Jessup View Post
    Hello all,
    Was ready to go out and buy one of these beauties this weekend.Well, until I used this great forum to find that I may not be able to tow the VX( without major mods).
    Please help me!! I've seen the VX for years and never got close enough to see who made it! Now I did and now I can't have one! Whaa!

Jim
    Get a trailer, cowboy up & quit yer cryin' Jim...

That's just my own sweet way of saying "Welcome to the addiction".

If you're really in love, you'll find a way to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Jessup View Post
    Hello all,

Jim

Wait, are you trying to "tow the VX" or "tow WITH a VX"?

Bart

Tow the VX not Towed by the VX

Well,

Here's what I learned:

1. Vx must be 2001

2. Get Manual Front Hubs ( I'don't know him)

3. Get the Remco Dohicky-Thingy ( I believe that's the correct term) for the rear.

Jim

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by workmeistr View Post
    Hi, Folks,
    I've been a lurker on VehiCROSS.info for about a year and I joined last December while we were looking at a local Proton.

Anyway, I just bought David Dorado’s Foxfire with 59K miles and we are meeting him tomorrow to pick it up.

I’m an Army Information Operations (PSYOPs, Civil Affairs, Public Affairs, etc.) Major. I’ve been in the Army 21 years and I’m currently attending Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, CA.

I look forward to being involved in the forums to the best of my relatively novice VX expertise. Thanks in advance for all of the stupid questions that you may feel inclined to respond to. Bren.
    Welcome to the family, & congratulations on having the foresight to be a contributing member right from the beginning...that's class!