Page 66 of 197 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 116 166 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Smile checking in

hi everyone,

i just bought a white 99 in decent condition. being a small-sports-car fanatic, i had been dreading the idea of having to buy something half-way practical with the corresponding handling...until i remembered the vehicross....im so glad i decided to test drive a few of these...they are *exactly* what the doc had ordered!

im planning on keeping it stock except for the wheels. i'll be putting different (dish dish) rims one and hopefully i can get the tires to be wide enough, work with snow/mud, have long life, minimal sidewall flex, and only enough grip to "slide" before "rolling"....yeah i know, pick any 2

my pie in the sky goal for this is to have a .80 g skidpad without ride height change (and good winter handling)...is that theoretically possible?

'01 Ebony Black VX, 0801; '01 Kaiser Silver VX, 1002

Welcome Ironicman.......

to the addiction. I bought my first VX (I've also got a second) for exactly the same reasons. They are a blast to drive. I run 285/60R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers (they're really good in the snow) with a little more backset than the stock wheels. The tires extend about an inch and a half outside the cladding, and the wider stance (plus decent stock swaybars) makes it handle lots better in the corners than an SUV should. You'll find that the front end will push before you lose the rear (although the TOD input at high throttle positions will mitigate that to some extent). These tires and wider wheels will increase unsprung weight (unfortunately), and you'll need to trim a little of the cladding at the front and rear of the front wheel wells, and jack your front torsion bars slightly, but it will look and handle like you want it too. Be careful: there is no 12 step program to get you away from a VX once you have one!

Randy

Welcome to the hood

Share some pics with us as soon you can.
    Dakar was just the begining.

Quote Originally Posted by 4X4 UFO View Post
    Be careful: there is no 12 step program to get you away from a VX once you have one! Randy
    well put my friend. And after one day VX'ing in MOAB, I am main lining.
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

I'm Ryan and I might NEED to get a VX

I've been looking for an off road capable crossover type car for a while now, I own a Audi TT and love the interior, 4 wheel drive, speed and handling! this Isuzu looks like its exactly what i've been searching for. I saw one for the first time at a Chipotle in Huntington Beach CA.. the isuzu logo on the back was replaced with a VX-5 If I remember correctly... you in here? anyway now my concern is finding one with low miles. how many miles are these good for? who's racked up the most miles on here? maintenance cost?

I just listed my TT For sale and I'm starting to look for a VX's, any info/links would be greatly Appreciated.

I'm a Graphic designer/illustrator I also do metal and woodworking. I'm currently working for a direct to garment printer (mostly T-shirts) VX club tees anybody? we also have a laser so I like to brand everything!

Quote Originally Posted by ryandesigns View Post
    I just listed my TT For sale and I'm starting to look for a VX's, any info/links would be greatly Appreciated.
    Welcome Ryan. Stay on this forum and I think you will find all the info you need. The VX does have some quirks that you should be aware of, but other than that, if it is cared for, it will last you a long, long time.

I think someone just listed a Foxfire Red VX for sale in the Chicago area.

Bart

Question I'm already addicted and I don't even own one.........YET!

Hello,
    My name is Jake, and I live in Atlanta. I have been a faithful driver of German cars for a long time, and since they keep slapping me in the face with issues I have decided, maybe I should shop around and try to find the best vehicle for my needs. I still have yet to drive one, but from everything I keep reading, the VX seems to answer all my needs. First, I need to have a vehicle that is fun to drive, the VX seems to fit that bill, doubly in fact because I can take it up to the mountains in north Georgia. Frankly I wish I had one this weekend, as we're going camping in western North Carolina, and it would be fun to blast up the mountain roads, but anyway... Next, as much as a manual transmission is, it is a royal PITA when you are stuck in ****** Atlanta traffic and everyone else is riding the brakes at 2-3 mph. So the A/T will be welcomed. I also need something I can put my dog in, the A6 was too nice to put my dog in, and the Corrado is just way too small.
    Well I just sold the Audi, and I am trying to figure out a plan to sell the Corrado and get into a VX without leaving me stranded. It will probably be a few months before I get to the point of purchasing, but in the mean time I want to learn as much as I can about these as I can.
    Thanks to everyone already for being so helpful with the questions I have already asked!

Hi All
    My name is Nick and I've just become the pround owner of a 1997 Silver VX
    I'm over the pond in the UK, but this is the best source of info I can find. I've already found loads of useful stuff, but no doubt there'll be loads of questions!

Cheers

Nick

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by alterastro View Post
    Hi All
    My name is Nick and I've just become the pround owner of a 1997 Silver VX
    I'm over the pond in the UK, but this is the best source of info I can find. I've already found loads of useful stuff, but no doubt there'll be loads of questions!

Cheers

Nick
    Welcome aboard Nick!...

You've come to the right place. You'll eventually find the addiction is just too strong, & become a "VX mods junkie" like the rest of us...

It's best not to fight it...

Welcome from Illinois
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

Welcome all new VX brothers.
    This VX fever is worst than the swine flu....no cure at all.
    This is the must do list in order to keep our toys in good care:
    1 Change all fluids (trans,T-case,engine & differentials) with synthetic oil,is highly recommended (mobile 1,amsoil,quake)
    2 Replace PCV every oil change,especially on the 3.5L engines.
    3 Clean EGR at least twice a year along with the MAF sensor
    4 Use premium fuel as much as can afford from a good fuel supplier such as Exxon mobil,hess,citgo etc. ( Better detergent additives help cleans the fuel line system)
    5 Check your oil level at least twice a week if you commute a lot of miles per week & add oil accordingly.
    Any other maintainance as recommended by the manufacturer.
    Greetings to all from the great apple (NYC)
    Dakar was just the begining.

Welcome Alterastro

I think the customary thing to say is : "Welcome to the madness." Alterastro, you'll have to introduce yourself to "Crotchrocket", he's on your side of the pond. However, from some of his pics, he may be a bad influence. lol But I will say if he gets his VX "a little muddy" he has excellent cleaning equipment.
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

Hee Hee - I also have a modified Pajero (Montero) and have been to that place where CrotchRocket was playing many times. Looking forward to seeing how the VX fairs there too

My biggest decision is which mod first As mods are practically non-existant over here and judging by the shipping charges quoted for getting the stuff from the US to here, it may take a while! Maybe us Brits should club together and fill a container!

Cheers

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by alterastro View Post
    Hee Hee - I also have a modified Pajero (Montero) and have been to that place where CrotchRocket was playing many times. Looking forward to seeing how the VX fairs there too

My biggest decision is which mod first As mods are practically non-existant over here and judging by the shipping charges quoted for getting the stuff from the US to here, it may take a while! Maybe us Brits should club together and fill a container!

Cheers

Nick
    When I joined the madness I wasn't even thinking of mods. But now after exposure to this group, I can't wait to get started. Well actually I can wait because the $ are missing. lol Good idea fill a container.
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

Talking Larry Allen

I think I am the only 2000 Silver VX in Sherman Oaks, CA. Had it since new and still love it. Any meets in Southern Cal?