Page 68 of 197 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 118 168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2953

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Quote Originally Posted by suitcase78 View Post
    THANK YOU ALL for the support and well wishings... ive got someone in somewhat local whos selling A RUNNING "BABIED" VX black w/ red/black interior 148K miles... for 3,900!!! HOWEVER im not too sure how babied it is from 3900 ?? grrrrrrrr just wish people were more HONEST in the real word lol. BUT WE SHALL SEE!!!

and yes tom4bren tis beautiful you should visit again soon!!
    The only way to verify that info is taking the VX for a tough road test,probably the owner loves the VX as much as the rest of us.
    Dakar was just the begining.

transfer case problems

Hello gang! I've been a happy VCross owner for 5 years now. I have a black 1999 one. Recently there is a loud thumping sound under the hood - almost only happens when I give 'er a lil extra gas going uphill. The shop tells me the transfer (case)? needs replacing. The guy tells me it's not that unusual with TOD systems. I'm wondering if anyone on here has had this problem, and what did they do? I need the cheapest answer at this time. Oh, I'm not really sure I understand how this "thread" thing works, so if it's not too much to ask, I would really appreciate replies sent to my email - Jabo26@aol.com. Thanks for you time.

Jeff

Hello fellows
    Hi my name is Shawn. I first encountered this vehicle just this past year, yea were have i been? I dont know but can say im loven it! This VX is a vehicle that should have never been removed from the market I first saw this RAD looking thing on the side of the HAmburg turnpike in jersey( if anyone knows where well..), i at first thought it was a bit retro looking a bit of a Space Moon Mobile, Well it sure is out of this world! I love the power, look, and most of all talk about unique.. absolutly wat i needed! well i hope i might be able to get to meet some fellow VXer's soon. I have been offroading for a long time but i usually use my Toyota Tacoma. Thats another vehicle i will say with a lot of off road carisma.. but knothing as charming as my VX, bye far... Well please hit me up, anyone i would love to hear bout your upgrades and stories, well hope that does it. See all you someday? Hopening

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Seeback View Post
    Hello fellows
    Hi my name is Shawn. I first encountered this vehicle just this past year, yea were have i been? I dont know but can say im loven it! This VX is a vehicle that should have never been removed from the market I first saw this RAD looking thing on the side of the HAmburg turnpike in jersey( if anyone knows where well..), i at first thought it was a bit retro looking a bit of a Space Moon Mobile, Well it sure is out of this world! I love the power, look, and most of all talk about unique.. absolutly wat i needed! well i hope i might be able to get to meet some fellow VXer's soon. I have been offroading for a long time but i usually use my Toyota Tacoma. Thats another vehicle i will say with a lot of off road carisma.. but knothing as charming as my VX, bye far... Well please hit me up, anyone i would love to hear bout your upgrades and stories, well hope that does it. See all you someday? Hopening

Hi shawn !

Welcome to the hood bro

Let me be the 1rst to replay about the site & other stuff you would find interesting.

Upgrades,mods,repair tips & how to,avalaible parts & any thing you should know off is right here....you took the right path by finding this awesome site.

Also let me invite you to the tri-state & PA meet on july the 25th in rockaway,NJ; The location is the rockaway townsquare mall so you can meet folks from NY,NJ,CT & PA god spare.

Again,welcome to the VX world. Lets's the fun begins.

By the way,whenever you can post some pics of your new toy,it's a kind of protocol so to say.

Hope to meet you soon !

Quote Originally Posted by JABO View Post
    Hello gang! I've been a happy VCross owner for 5 years now. I have a black 1999 one. Recently there is a loud thumping sound under the hood - almost only happens when I give 'er a lil extra gas going uphill. The shop tells me the transfer (case)? needs replacing. The guy tells me it's not that unusual with TOD systems. I'm wondering if anyone on here has had this problem, and what did they do? I need the cheapest answer at this time. Oh, I'm not really sure I understand how this "thread" thing works, so if it's not too much to ask, I would really appreciate replies sent to my email - Jabo26@aol.com. Thanks for you time.

Jeff
    Hi jabo,my best advise is having the opinion of different shops to verify any past diagnostic.That way you can really know that is the TOd what is causing the related noise.

Well i am sill gettn used to this site but asoon as possible i will put some pics up! Promise i think i will like you guys on this site, sounds like you all have much in common Yea again, im l;ove it! So i will def. be their i cant wait to see all those beautiful lookn creatures!!! So any more people with any type of updates i need to know about let me know, i will do best do get anywhere u guys at. Tghanks for the resoponse, Shawn!

Welcome Shawn.

Keep an eye on the calendar. There should still be a couple of East Coast events this year.

Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

I've had my "99" Silver VX since this past Fathers Day (2009). What a gift. I fell in love with one that I saw in a used car lot about 2 yrs ago, but don't tell my wife. She wouldn't be happy if I fell in love with someone else. I drove 3.5 hrs to purchase this one, worth every mile. Everyone here seems to be great, nice to be part of the VX Family.

Quote Originally Posted by New99VX'er View Post
    I've had my "99" Silver VX since this past Fathers Day (2009). What a gift. I fell in love with one that I saw in a used car lot about 2 yrs ago, but don't tell my wife. She wouldn't be happy if I fell in love with someone else. I drove 3.5 hrs to purchase this one, worth every mile. Everyone here seems to be great, nice to be part of the VX Family.
    Welcome to the site !

Give us some pics of your new you !

hey Sean and Jeff..helcome to the madness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

1999 Ironman, 115k mi, owned for about a year and love it
    Stupid SHOULD be painful

Hi...

Just got my VX about a month ago - 99 ebony - I love it though it needs a bit of work. I am happy to have found this forum of VXers !

Hello and Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

Welcome all. This is an awsome family & I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here.

drdirt,

I'll probably be down in the Holly Springs area this September. Are you anywhere close to there?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

drdirt i like the town your from...hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...