Page 69 of 197 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 79 119 169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2953

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Quote Originally Posted by aaronk View Post
    Just got my VX about a month ago - 99 ebony - I love it though it needs a bit of work. I am happy to have found this forum of VXers !
    just ask and we'll try our best to answer anything... including the secrets of the universe......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

VX admirer, Forum lurker, finally joined the ranks (both as owner '01 Ironman & member). Other car Infiniti QX56 - split personality don't ask. Thanks for letting me join your ranks....I'm sure this rookie will have questions. Any advice appreciated.

Back-up camera is a high priority. I'll look for threads. Any secrets to share on that topic?

Thumbs up

Nice to see another Texan with a VX. Welcome to the addiction.
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    welcome fe...

look around, lots of info here on the forum..
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Introducing myself

Hi, I am from Chicago,

I have been lurking for a month or so. This morning I took possession of 2000
    VX and was able to join and post. The forum has already been very helpful and I am sure I will need a lot of help. When you get a nearly 10 year old car you need help.

I had first seen a VX on the street about 3 years ago and thought it was a new Isuzu model. I was not in the market for a car then and filed the info away. An opportunity aorme wen a house guest drunk out of her mind took my car without permission to get more beer and totaled it.

A mechanic friend who I approached about helping me check out used cars told me his favorite car was the VX. I found one ofr sale on Craig's list. And well the rest is history.

I look forward to chatting with folks on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by pbglas View Post
    Hi, I am from Chicago,

I have been lurking for a month or so. This morning I took possession of 2000
    VX and was able to join and post. The forum has already been very helpful and I am sure I will need a lot of help. When you get a nearly 10 year old car you need help.

I had first seen a VX on the street about 3 years ago and thought it was a new Isuzu model. I was not in the market for a car then and filed the info away. An opportunity aorme wen a house guest drunk out of her mind took my car without permission to get more beer and totaled it.

A mechanic friend who I approached about helping me check out used cars told me his favorite car was the VX. I found one ofr sale on Craig's list. And well the rest is history.

I look forward to chatting with folks on the list.

Welcome to the hood bro !

Get some pics of your new toy in here
    Dakar was just the begining.

hi pbglas....
    welcome .....to....the .......world ...of ...VXs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Quote Originally Posted by Fe ♂ View Post
    Back-up camera is a high priority. I'll look for threads. Any secrets to share on that topic?
    Wireless camera is a good option but there is many options.

Places to look at :

Ebay.com
    target
    bestbuy
    amazon.com
    buy.com

Just for starters

Oh & welcome.

Got pics ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe ♂ View Post
    Ya' know, I was ALL ready to do the backup camera thang, and I was gonna spend some serious coin on it too. Having had one of these in my RV, I thought I'd try it first in the VX:

http://www.amazon.com/CIPA-60200-Wid.../dp/B000TCI7K4

For the record, I installed it "uncut", at the very bottom and center of the rear window. After you get "used" to it, I've found that it works GREAT - to the point of me no longer feeling the need for a backup camera. Might wanna try it first; you'll save yourself a few beans, and have one less thing on your VX to break!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGanzman View Post
    Ya' know, I was ALL ready to do the backup camera thang, and I was gonna spend some serious coin on it too. Having had one of these in my RV, I thought I'd try it first in the VX:

http://www.amazon.com/CIPA-60200-Wid.../dp/B000TCI7K4

For the record, I installed it "uncut", at the very bottom and center of the rear window. After you get "used" to it, I've found that it works GREAT - to the point of me no longer feeling the need for a backup camera. Might wanna try it first; you'll save yourself a few beans, and have one less thing on your VX to break!
    Yes it's good add to the rear view guys,i bought one at strauss auto about $ 14.00 & did it as you ganzman.

I highly recommend this stuff
    Last edited by Gussie2000 : 07/05/2009 at 09:24 PM

Thanks Gussie and Don. I appreciate the welcome.

I want to spruce it up a bit before photographing it.

New to the group...

I just purchased a used 1999 VX with only 68K miles on it and looks great. I am a Jeep guy, so I will have a lot of modification questions and general questions regarding the overall operation and performance of the VX. I have seen a lot of pics and post of people that use their VX like most people use their jeeps. If these rigs actually perform like what I have seen I should be overly impressed. I appreciate any comments concerning what to look out for at 68/69k miles. Are there any common issues that I need to be aware of when it comes to my VX?

Thanks in advance.

-Neil

BEAVICROSS!

Hey welcome to the family aka "the madness". I would think if you do some forum searches you'll find a lot of great reads and mods, feel free to jump in anytime. The members here don't bite, they sometimes grumble lol. As you can see I've only been around since Sept 08 so I'm still learning about the little beast. One thing the VX seems to experence is window problems, but the repair is not real difficult. Some of the more senior members can give ya lots of help. When ya have time look at some of crotchrockets vids and the Moab pics and there's all kind of vids on you tube. Well this is a great example of what ya get, since all I was gonna say was "Welcome". lol

Thumbs up welcome

To all new members.
    Beavicross in regards of which issues our toys suffers most beside the windows binding the most important of all is the engine's oil burning issue.
    Unfortunately isuzu 3.5L engines from 1999 thru 2001 came with a flaw in its design
    However don't let this scare the s.... outter you though.
    If you haven't do it so far i'll suggest you switch to synthetic oil;Mobil 1 is the most common oil we use on our toys.
    Keep a tight monitoring on your oil level;If you conmute a good bunch of miles daily check the oil no less then three times a week,many does it at every fuel fill up.
    This is the most important advice any one in here will give you,perform all regular maintainance you already know has to be done & your horse will reward you giving years of joy & fun.
    The VX is very capable when we talk about off roading,there's many pics & videos showing what VX is capable off,really amazing.
    Again,welcome to the hood guys