Page 74 of 197 FirstFirst ... 24 64 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 84 124 174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2953

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    So....where do you do most of your gooning?......
    You'd be shocked how much goon a small town can support. It's pretty lucrative!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiredgoon View Post
    You'd be shocked how much goon a small town can support. It's pretty lucrative!
    LOL...Good Answer....

Welcome to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiredgoon View Post
    Howdy!

I picked up a 2000 Foxfire a little over a week ago and have been lurking on the boards since, waiting for permission to speak!
    Hey fellow Foxfire VXer! Welcome! Since there's not all that many of us, check out this thread and add yours to it too! Will also give you many ideas for mods!

http://vehicross.info/forums/showthr...fires+check-in
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Smile

i received this car last summer and i love it. there is just something about it that people love. i have only had my 2001 ironman for a few months but already i have big plans for it. this by far is the coolest thing on the road. the only thing that sucks is finding parts. but this site is great and has plenty of great info

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
    i received this car last summer and i love it. there is just something about it that people love. i have only had my 2001 ironman for a few months but already i have big plans for it. this by far is the coolest thing on the road. the only thing that sucks is finding parts. but this site is great and has plenty of great info
    Welcome Moonrover !
    You trully got a nice ride there,take care of it.
    As you said parts comes along abit difficult,however we have great guy who's always willing to give you a hand.
    His name is merlin from saint charles isuzu (1636 4414481) he works @ the parts department;Just let him know you're a VehiCROSS.info member & he'll do the best effort to get what you need + free shipping in most of the orders.
    Again,welcome & have fun.

PS: Some pics will be nice
    Dakar was just the begining.

Back in the Isuzu family

Having previously owned a 1998 Trooper, I am fully aware of how much fun Isuzu's are both on and off-road (4 Zuzoo Events in 5 years). Started off mild (stock) and went wild - lift, tires, lockers, bumpers, winch, sliders, etc. My wife and I are planning something similar with our latest addition.

Found our 1999 Ironman in a hole-in-the-wall town while traveling into AR to visit family. Had seen it previously, my wife loves the style, but wasn't sure if it was for sale or not - always in a different position, forward, backward, never had a sign. Actually, it still didn't have a sign when we stopped - just an open textbook on the dash that looked like a sign at 60mph.

Stopped, looked it over and picked it up for a cool grand! It has it problems, as you might suspect, like bad engine, no catalytic converter, no key except for the small bit broke off in the ignition column, etc. We start it by using a large flat-blade screw driver and banging the column from below with a rubber hammer. Beween the horrible engine KNOCK, the missing exhaust, and the noxious gases, we rarely turn the key.

Since the engine is bad, and who knows what else, and parts are expensive - I've been gathering information on swapping a 3.9L Isuzu diesel into it (4BD1T) possible with a 700R4 auto trannie to boot. Then transfer case, driveshafts, differentials, axels, rims, and tires and I'll be ready to go!

Quote Originally Posted by sleveritt View Post
    Having previously owned a 1998 Trooper, I am fully aware of how much fun Isuzu's are both on and off-road (4 Zuzoo Events in 5 years). Started off mild (stock) and went wild - lift, tires, lockers, bumpers, winch, sliders, etc. My wife and I are planning something similar with our latest addition.

Found our 1999 Ironman in a hole-in-the-wall town while traveling into AR to visit family. Had seen it previously, my wife loves the style, but wasn't sure if it was for sale or not - always in a different position, forward, backward, never had a sign. Actually, it still didn't have a sign when we stopped - just an open textbook on the dash that looked like a sign at 60mph.

Stopped, looked it over and picked it up for a cool grand! It has it problems, as you might suspect, like bad engine, no catalytic converter, no key except for the small bit broke off in the ignition column, etc. We start it by using a large flat-blade screw driver and banging the column from below with a rubber hammer. Beween the horrible engine KNOCK, the missing exhaust, and the noxious gases, we rarely turn the key.

Since the engine is bad, and who knows what else, and parts are expensive - I've been gathering information on swapping a 3.9L Isuzu diesel into it (4BD1T) possible with a 700R4 auto trannie to boot. Then transfer case, driveshafts, differentials, axels, rims, and tires and I'll be ready to go!

Welcome sleveritt.

You shall look at the swap our member "iamironman".

He drop a 2002 axiom engine into the vehicross with excelent results.

Now he enjoy no oil burning issues as almost all of us suffers.

First VX

Hello everyone, hope I am posting this correctly. I just bought a 99 Astral with about 105000 miles on it. I seems to be in great shape for the age and runs fine. I don't know much about the VX yet but am learning. I have some problems (like windows) I need to take care of so I just ordered a service manual to get started. I hope to gather a lot of help from VehiCross.info forum folks, it is usually a lot better than service manuals. I don't know how to post pictures yet but will as soon as I find out. I am retired and have some needs my Suzuki Sami could not meet - A/C, Automatic and 4x4 all in one package. I am selling my Sami and going to put my efforts in the VX. Looking forward to talking with a lot of you. By the way I am in Alabama are there any other VX owners in this area?

Thanks
    nemo

Welcome new members.... nemo, hiredgoon, sleveritt, moonrover, leanit....

You've just started the most fun addiction you'll probably ever have!

We have a new feature, member map, where you put yourself on the map so we can see where all our members are...here's the link...
    http://vehicross.info/modules.php?na...threadid=16022

The search function will be your best friend, (sounds like especially you sleveritt) but there's ALWAYS a member willing to answer any questions...turns out we're a rather talkative bunch!
    Welcome again!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    Hello everyone, hope I am posting this correctly. I just bought a 99 Astral with about 105000 miles on it. I seems to be in great shape for the age and runs fine. I don't know much about the VX yet but am learning. I have some problems (like windows) I need to take care of so I just ordered a service manual to get started. I hope to gather a lot of help from VehiCross.info forum folks, it is usually a lot better than service manuals. I don't know how to post pictures yet but will as soon as I find out. I am retired and have some needs my Suzuki Sami could not meet - A/C, Automatic and 4x4 all in one package. I am selling my Sami and going to put my efforts in the VX. Looking forward to talking with a lot of you. By the way I am in Alabama are there any other VX owners in this area?

Thanks
    nemo

Welcome aboard Mr nemo !

The windows issues is one of the most common issues our toys was built with;However though,there's many tricks to get them working 100% without much of work.

The window tabs are made by plastic & very vulnerable to break apart,also the tracks may need to be realigned,the weathertrip running from the side mirrors down can be dirty & clogged with debrises & will need to be lubed or replaced.

Many of us has fixed the issue by many different techniques & ideas so use the "Search" feature by typing "windows" nd you will find your self with a lot of info about it.

Hope this help although many of our fellow members will be posting to help you out.

Again,welcome to the VX flu decease infestation,be aware,this one has no cure once you get infected,but it's no letal at all,quite sure you can live wtih that

Welcome, Nemo!
    You are in the right place for all the info you need. If you can cancel the order for the service manual, you can download it from the vxinfo homepage!
    The window issue is a well documented production flaw, and can be fixed by purchasing custom made aftermakert metal tabs here.
    Best,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a Sith sense....I see Darth people...

I am on my way!!

Hello everyone!!!!

I am working on finding a VX & I am very excited to become part of the family!

I will announce the news when I finally make a deal on one...assuming I fit in them...I am 6'8" & all legs.

I am in Medina Ohio 44256 & if anyone is remotely close & wouldn't mind, I really need to make sure I fit in one of these before I make a deal buyingone over the net...please pm me if you are close and wouldn't mind meeting up with me for a coffee or beer (on me of course) & so I could sit in your truck for 5 minutes to make sure I am comfortable in one....THANKS GUYS!

Look forward to talking to you guys & hangin out at some meets!

OH hey does anyone know where the pearl VX is??? the one they only made 1 of?

Jeremy Galvin
    Last edited by galvinsc : 10/12/2009 at 10:44 PM

Quote Originally Posted by galvinsc View Post
    I will announce the news when I finally make a deal on one...assuming I fit in them...I am 6'8" & all legs.
    Holy cow. Yeah, I would say "headroom" is going to be an issue.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Welcome new members.... nemo, hiredgoon, sleveritt, moonrover, leanit....

You've just started the most fun addiction you'll probably ever have!

We have a new feature, member map, where you put yourself on the map so we can see where all our members are...here's the link...
    http://vehicross.info/modules.php?na...threadid=16022

The search function will be your best friend, (sounds like especially you sleveritt) but there's ALWAYS a member willing to answer any questions...turns out we're a rather talkative bunch!
    Welcome again!
    Thanks VX Kat, looks like I won't be able to make my spot for a little while. Only just joined up and from what the instructions say I will need to post a lot or wait a couple months. No problem I am in Alabama just north of Montgomery.

nemo

Quote Originally Posted by snowtrooper1966 View Post
    Welcome, Nemo!
    You are in the right place for all the info you need. If you can cancel the order for the service manual, you can download it from the vxinfo homepage!
    The window issue is a well documented production flaw, and can be fixed by purchasing custom made aftermakert metal tabs here.
    Best,
    snowtrooper I have already ordered the man. it was only a few bucks. I will check out the one you are talking about and it won't hurt to have one in hand and one on the computer.

I have been reading a lot of the post here and had run across the metal tabs. I have to first get the manuals so I will know how to take everything apart - "and put it back together". then I will start getting into trouble.

Thanks
    nemo