Page 79 of 197 FirstFirst ... 29 69 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 89 129 179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2953

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post
    I feel ya !
    The other day i went to an near by mall & saw one of those "10" in the red color with white stripes & lifted,very nice for sure.

In regards of the commander don't know,but to me is one of less atractive suv's out there along with the compass,the liberty/nitro and the horrible patriot.
    Hope chrysler improve those designs.........
    A lifted "10"????? That would be sacrilege. They were only available RWD and the only way to go is lowered by a couple inches. They sat a little high in the rear so a nice leveling kit is all it really needs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Ram_SRT-10

I agree, the Commander is not their best looking SUV. But when that's all you can fit in you can't be picky. I think it has a bit of a Hummer-ish look to it.

I wish Dodge would have made a full size SUV based on the Ram body. But the age of the SUV has passed (IMO). Now we have Congressional Motors and the Pelosi GTX with a whopping 92hp about to hit the market.
    Last edited by SilvrSRT10 : 12/26/2009 at 07:07 PM

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSRT10 View Post
    A lifted "10"????? That would be sacrilege. They were only available RWD and the only way to go is lowered by a couple inches. They sat a little high in the rear so a nice leveling kit is all it really needs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Ram_SRT-10

I agree, the Commander is not their best looking SUV. But when that's all you can fit in you can't be picky. I think it has a bit of a Hummer-ish look to it.

I wish Dodge would have made a full size SUV based on the Ram body. But the age of the SUV has passed (IMO). Now we have Congressional Motors and the Pelosi GTX with a whopping 92hp about to hit the market.

I could be wrong on the lifted mod the "10" i mention look like,but to me that one seemed to be,no idea.

But wait.......only RWD ?

That is what i called a sacrilege no 4x4 or AWD option at all ?
    Dakar was just the begining.

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post
    I could be wrong on the lifted mod the "10" i mention look like,but to me that one seemed to be,no idea.

But wait.......only RWD ?

That is what i called a sacrilege no 4x4 or AWD option at all ?
    Nope, not in the SRT-10. It was built kinda like the VX was. As a specialty vehicle marketed to a select group in limited production. It's a Viper engined V-10 500hp high performance street truck. You'll need to get the Hemi or 4.7 to get 4x4 and go off road.

He don't need no 4X4 when he has 4X5. 500 horsepower, 525 ft. lbs. of torque, 505 cubic inches, and a 500 watt sound system. I always wanted that monster. I had four Dodge trucks starting in '80 before my VX. I traded a gorgeous flame red '97 4X4 Ram to get my VX. I really miss riding up that high. There is no other vehicle on the planet that can give me that king-of-the-road feeling like a Dodge Ram. Word.

Mark
    Last edited by deermagnet : 12/27/2009 at 02:36 PM

Quote Originally Posted by deermagnet View Post
    He don't need no 4X4 when he has 4X5. 500 horsepower, 525 ft. lbs. of torque, 505 cubic inches, and a 500 watt sound system. I always wanted that monster. I had four Dodge trucks starting in '80 before my VX. I traded a gorgeous flame red '97 4X4 Ram to get my VX. I really miss riding up that high. There is no other vehicle on the planet that can give me that king-of-the-road feeling like a Dodge Ram. Word.

Mark
    I've had good luck with my Dodges. '94 4x4 (318), '97 SST (360). The SST was a reg. - cab short bed with stickers. Nothing really potent about it unlike the SRT-10 (potent to the max). I really hope I can fit into the VX so I can give one a try for awhile. Really like the looks and concept behind it.

That's cool. Mine was a '97 SLT 4X4 reg cab short bed, 5.2/318. An incredible vehicle!

A Dodge Ram rules!!!!

Tone Monday (R.I.P.) also had a Dodge Ram before his VX.

Mark
    Last edited by deermagnet : 12/27/2009 at 03:00 PM

Hi all & happy new year !!!!

hi my nane is joe (42 years Old)
    i am from chicago
    and i cant seem to get the VX out of my mind lately (obsessed)
    a friend had a 2000 proton yellow new & i loved it
    and now i would like to buy one
    honestly would this make a good & reliable every day car ?
    or do you need to use these as a 2ed vehicle just for play
    is there any one in the chicago area (or any Where )that has one for a daily driver ?

Wink Hi joe

Quote Originally Posted by ibmx2 View Post
    hi my nane is joe (42 years Old)
    i am from chicago
    and i cant seem to get the VX out of my mind lately (obsessed)
    a friend had a 2000 proton yellow new & i loved it
    and now i would like to buy one
    honestly would this make a good & reliable every day car ?
    or do you need to use these as a 2ed vehicle just for play
    is there any one in the chicago area (or any Where )that has one for a daily driver ?

Welcome aboard buddy !

Concerning your question all I can say is that I drvie mines every single day.

As well as almost every one in here.

Reliability you said ?

Man.............is isuzu we talking about....
    Dakar was just the begining.

There's a few members in Chicagoland. You can look thru the members list by going to "quicklinks", and then "memberlist"
    I know NocturnalVX and IAMIRONwoMAN are current VX owners in Chicago.

Hope ya find a sweet one to buy! There's usually one or two on ebay, and check the for sale section here too.

Good luck!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Joe, I found that posting a VehiCross wanted ad on criegslist worked really well, had several people call over a months time who would consider selling ended up finding a unused 99 in a garage with low miles, also got one off e-bay that was more difficult

Joe, I think you will find most on this board use their VX as a DD. I have 130,000 miles on mine. It is my DD and gets used hard off road. I have had no major issues with it. Do a search on this site for known problems and that sould tell you what to look out for to help in your search for that right VX.
    Welcome to our obsession and good luck in your search.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

thanks for the welcome

thanks for the welcome!
    glad to hear most are daily drivers
    the hunt is on
    i seen one by my house every now and then
    with 640000 miles for $7000.00
    i shows up then disapears for a month or two (it been around since sept)
    its black and looked pretty clean i think it was a 2001

i seen one by my house every now and then
    with 640000 miles for $7000.00
    surely you mean 64,000 miles.....
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    surely you mean 64,000 miles.....
    oooops
    yes 64,000

new owner

Hi. Thanks for maintaining such a helpful website. I'm a new owner of an ebony 2000 model with low miles. My daughter will be driving it up in the mountains at Boone during the winter while at graduate school. She didn't like it at first, but now I can't keep her out of it. So much for maintaining the low miles. I just finished installing a rear view camera which helps greatly. Looking foreward to camping and surf fishing with it in the near future. Again thanks for the informative website. Hal Deans