Page 80 of 197 FirstFirst ... 30 70 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 90 130 180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Great to have ya Hal, I hope you get to drive the VX too...lol....A lot of people down here talk about going to Boone....they love it.
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

So far I've changed the oil, checked the trans fluid (seems recent and full), all-season floor mats, and a few light bulbs that were out. Next up is keyless entry and a remote starter.

I need to get under the car but snow sucks.
    Last edited by boondocksaint : 01/13/2010 at 04:35 PM

98. Blazed Peacock Mica, 1504 SOLD VxLess Now :O
    Quote Originally Posted by boondocksaint View Post
    Name's Chris. I live in Detroit, but I bought the VX while I was visiting family down south. Had a sudden need for a car, seeing as I parked my 99 M3 in a tree on Christmas Eve. :\ Always wondered about the VehiCross, and since I live up north in Detroit, I figure if I don't like it, I can turn around and sell it up here.

So far I've changed the oil, checked the trans fluid (seems recent and full), installed a head unit, all-season floor mats, and a few light bulbs that were out. Next up is keyless entry and a remote starter.

I need to get under the car as I have a CV boot that is split and I need to find what sounds like an exhaust leak.
    Welcome,

For the exhaust leak, have a good check around the flexipipe possible chance that it has rusted out on a part of it and caused a leak.

& check with Independent 4x4 for the MechaTech CV boots.

You can find the install instructions in the DownLoad section on the home page for the forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Hey All,
    My name is Q. Originally I had noticed the VX on the internet during my highschool years. About a year ago(now 22yrs old) I had need of a vehicle with 4wheel/AWD and did some further research on the VX but mom wanted a new suby so I got passed her old one (99 brighton). Three days before it's regularly timed oil change the engine locked up (due to lack of oil and some negligence on my part. I have heard that as subys age they start to burn oil). I already knew my options and was looking around locally (shipping to Juneau, Alaska can cost as much as 2K because they can only be barged in from seattle). As luck would have it, a VX had been driven to seattle from utah and then barged up, and was now for sale, not more than 3 miles from my house 76K and checked out on the used veh inspection. I purchased it w/2 sets of aftermarket wheels and tires (will post them on the wheel tire thread later). I LOVE THE VX!!! I have a laundry list of things I would like to do w/the vehicle...just wish I had a empty garage in which to do them..It was 12 degrees this morning when I left for work..

P.S. Thanks to all who contribute to this forum, it is a wealth of information.
    Last 4 of my VIN: 0634

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by JNUVX View Post
    Hey All,
    My name is Q. Originally I had noticed the VX on the internet during my highschool years. About a year ago(now 22yrs old) I had need of a vehicle with 4wheel/AWD and did some further research on the VX but mom wanted a new suby so I got passed her old one (99 brighton). Three days before it's regularly timed oil change the engine locked up (due to lack of oil and some negligence on my part. I have heard that as subys age they start to burn oil). I already knew my options and was looking around locally (shipping to Juneau, Alaska can cost as much as 2K because they can only be barged in from seattle). As luck would have it, a VX had been driven to seattle from utah and then barged up, and was now for sale, not more than 3 miles from my house 76K and checked out on the used veh inspection. I purchased it w/2 sets of aftermarket wheels and tires (will post them on the wheel tire thread later). I LOVE THE VX!!! I have a laundry list of things I would like to do w/the vehicle...just wish I had a empty garage in which to do them..It was 12 degrees this morning when I left for work..

Great !

Welcome aboad Q.
    Dakar was just the begining.

Hi! I'm Jesse, I am currently residing in Flagstaff, az, but found a vehicross for sale down in Phoenix and jumped on the chance to get it. I have only had it for a little while but i love it! It is just so unlike any car around. The forums here have already helped me a bunch with my Vehicross, so thanks for that guys and gals!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    FWIW, the engine in the VX has a tendancy to use oil too...

Check your oil every time you fill with petrol & you should enjoy many miles together.

Welcome to VX world...

Quote Originally Posted by JNUVX View Post
    Hey All,

intro

currently living in WA, home is acctualy in Ohio country of origin England.
    Just bought the Vehicross this week and am still waiting delivery(some time next week). reason for buying are as follows. always loved the design. it was so far advanced of anything else in deisign when first introduced. my other vehicle sucks as a daily driver.
    fist saw and drove a Vehicross in 1995 while working at Isuzu as a guest design engineer working on fuel systems in Japan. loved it then and always wanted one.
    looking at some of the postes that others have placed this looks like a great place to learn everything about these vehicles.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by ground hwg View Post
    currently living in WA, home is acctualy in Ohio country of origin England.
    Just bought the Vehicross this week and am still waiting delivery(some time next week). reason for buying are as follows. always loved the design. it was so far advanced of anything else in deisign when first introduced. my other vehicle sucks as a daily driver.
    fist saw and drove a Vehicross in 1995 while working at Isuzu as a guest design engineer working on fuel systems in Japan. loved it then and always wanted one.
    looking at some of the postes that others have placed this looks like a great place to learn everything about these vehicles.

Welcome aboard to you and all latest new members.

The VX family keeps growing.......
    Dakar was just the begining.

Hello,
    Literally just got my VX off the delivery truck 30 minutes ago. I am in NY.
    I am a member of other forums and I know you can't own a vehicle like this without good forum people. I am really really happy I found this site.
    Just got a 2001 Black VX. Lst owner had it only short period of time, before that it came from Georgia and was with a supposed VX person. Anyone know my vehicle?
    Got lots of questions but I want to look through site before I ask ones that have already been answered.

Welcome fellow VX'r. Don't know the vehicle but one of our members might. Be sure and use the search function and a lot of your questions will be answered....if ya can't find it, feel free to jump-in. I think you'll find our group to be most friendly and accommodating. Some are a little dingy but you'll find that out on your own.lol
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

My dad remembered when the Vehicross first was introduced and he thought they were really cool. He saw the one for sale at the Chrysler dealer in Bonham Texas, a pile of dung, and called about it as he drove by. We got on line and found the one with the funky orange LineX coated panels and went to see it - what a cool vehicle! I have been saving up for about three years for my first car and we purchased the Vehicross last night from Woody, one of the nicest guys in the world. He took awesome care of it - the entire care looks almost new. I don't mind the orange color, but am still probably going to get it re LineXed in black.

Christian

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by cdsdallas View Post
    My dad remembered when the Vehicross first was introduced and he thought they were really cool. He saw the one for sale at the Chrysler dealer in Bonham Texas, a pile of dung, and called about it as he drove by. We got on line and found the one with the funky orange LineX coated panels and went to see it - what a cool vehicle! I have been saving up for about three years for my first car and we purchased the Vehicross last night from Woody, one of the nicest guys in the world. He took awesome care of it - the entire care looks almost new. I don't mind the orange color, but am still probably going to get it re LineXed in black.

Christian
    Well played young man!...

You've made an excellent choice of vehicles...

Welcome to the forums.

Welcome Christian.

There are quite a few owners in your area so keep your eye on the calendar for any upcoming events. On the right side of the home page there is a link to a map where you can locate nearby members.

Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.