Page 33 of 197 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 83 133 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Hi Everybody,

I have been on the forums for about a month now and I just purchased a 2001 Ebony VX today. I think it is the coolest vehicle I have ever driven. I bought it from a guy on here. I was scared cause I bought it sight unseen and now that I have it I am very pleased. It was a long process but well worth it. I plan to upgrade the lights to projectors and also upgrade the fogs. It needs light. Lol. I also am wondering if I use an aftermarket radio for it can i wire the 6 disc into it? Just wondering I am gonna search a little.

A proud VXer.

-Zak

Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone...

I first saw my VehiCross on ebay and fell in love with it... I flew over to Orlando to take a look at it and bought it right off the lot... I live in The Bahamas and as far as I know it is the first and only one here! There are a few things I would like to do to it the first is puting a rear view camera on the back... I will try and post pictures once its done... I expect my camera to arrive today! Anyway just want to say HELLO and that I think this is a great site, I have read many of your threads already... great to join the VehiCross family!

Sincerely,
    Alexander (proud new owner)

Hey Folks,
    My names Aaron (KaNGiX), Im from Buffalo, New York. Must say im really happy I ran into this forum. Well my Dakota blew up last week, went out looking for a new Truck/SUV. Few hours later im driving a '99 Ebony VX. It was the first car I looked at. Thing had me right away. I did'nt do any research I just bought it(no vehicle - no money) so i was in a hurry. Aside from some of the horror stories I've now read I'm extremely happy with it.

93,000k , pretty dam clean too all the way around.

Welcome dude! Just take care of that engine real good, and you should be ok. Ebony is the best!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by KaNGiX
    Hey Folks,
    My names Aaron (KaNGiX), Im from Buffalo, New York. Must say im really happy I ran into this forum. Well my Dakota blew up last week, went out looking for a new Truck/SUV. Few hours later im driving a '99 Ebony VX. It was the first car I looked at. Thing had me right away. I did'nt do any research I just bought it(no vehicle - no money) so i was in a hurry. Aside from some of the horror stories I've now read I'm extremely happy with it.

93,000k , pretty dam clean too all the way around.

Hi - I was looking for a 4X4 that looked cool and had sporty performance. I thought the only thing out there was the Porsche Cayenne. Then I found the V-Cross. I did a search and by incredible luck I found a dealer only an hour from me who had one. I drove over to see it and pretty much bought it on the spot. I've had to wait for the car to be registered in this country (UK) as it was imported from Japan but today is collection day! I will post photos and opinions as and when...
    Great site, by the way - very helpful - I look forward to chatting with you all.
    Cheers - happy driving!

Unhappy

Well, last time I posted here was to say that I was picking up my VehiCross. That was friday. Two days later I got hit by another car on the motorway. My mint condition VX is smashed along one side and the fear is that if the frame got bent the insurance co. will write it off. I'm hoping it won't come to that or at least i'll get the offer to buy it back and try to repair.
    Ouch.
    Be careful out there...

Talking New Member

Hey Everyone, new member here.

Had my 01 Proton since Fall 06, bought it from an original owner with 70k on it - that makes me a second owner and it's going to stay that way for a very, very long time! This truck ROCKS! I cannot believe Isuzu didn't ride this train - to-date there is no other SUV on the road that will outperform Vx out of the box! So what if we're a specific market - this is one exotic SUV. In any case, Vx is a great machine, I have much fun with it on/off-road. Been playing out in the swamps here in Central Florida with some of my buddies (jeeps, land rovers, hummers) and there is no other vehicle I'd rather be in. I mean the kinda s#!t I get into nobody touches, unless it's a monster 4wheeler.

Worked on the truck some, pretty straight forward with some minor exceptions. Wish Isuzu did a better job with door popper, rearview camera, reclining mechanism but hey, that's what this forum is for...

Speaking of this forum... I've been watching this site since before I bought my Vx, and it is one of the major reason I decided to make the purchase. Support communities and forum groups are a huge part of great relationship one can have with their vehicle, any vehicle. I've been on the FD3S forums for years (1993 Mazda Rx7 since 99) and we have a lot of knowledgable folks willing to help a fellow owner. I was glad to find one here. So lemme take this opportunity to take my hat off to the folks running this site and the rest of the group for their input and contribution to the Vx community. I look forward to meeting all of you.

Mom's loving hands!

i was hooked as soon as I saw my first VX on the net from Japan! As soon as they made their way to the states my mom took me to a dealership on main street in Vta, I was only 14 but I knew I had to have one! My mom always told me she would help me get one when I was able and she did... I came back to so-cal like I said I would (after she passed unfortunatly ) and got my job at Honda. As soon as I was on my feet, a mint Proton showed up at the dealership and I jumped all over it.. so that's my story. I've owned the best 4byer ever built for about 5 months now and it's all thanx to my loving mom! :bgwg:

Live to drive, drive to live!

My Intro

99 Ebony - Red/Black Interior
    Purchased out of San Diego - a fly and drive weekend, end of August 07

VX has aprox 79K, Starts, Runs and Drives Great, body in great condition, a few door dings, but not bad at all, all cladding is in good shape, interior in great shape. Only issue is the passenger side window, I looked at it when i replaced the front speakers, Clips looks intact, regulator moves up and down with door switch, appears need to re-glue window back into clip.

I all ways wanted one since they first came out, Now was the time to act upon a desire. I did sell a 97 Jeep Sarah to pay the purchase of the VX. After reading this forum, I am concerned about the engine failures of the VX, But will keep a eye on the oil level. It appears that there are many out there with over 100k, and I think this is a good sign.

I hope to meet other VX'rs in the Phoenix area, will keep eye open for meets, or if any in the area wants to PM, just use VX in Phoenix in subject line.

hey all. just got a 1999 Ironman edition. i took it up to the mountains for the first time today( i live in colorado spgs) and it definitely impressed me. after tossing it around a bit i have to say they really made this car tough and usable. the approach and dep. angles are great and the wheel base is just as good as a jeep. the suspension is extremely tight and well tuned. the 4wd tod system seems very capable. i head up in the mountain about every weekend so i will defintely have some stories and results to share soon.

Cool new member

Just bought a silver '99 with only 44m on it. (Love buying cars from Big City Dwellers). in this case, it was a flight attendant from SF.

This will be my weekender that I will share with my almost 16 yr old. I have owned two troopers, as I have two sons that snowboard with me. 99 Trooper with 100m carefree miles just went down to San Diego State with #1 son. Now that it is just the two of us going up together, thought I would get something a little more sporty. Always wanted a VX.

My VX had already had the window regs replaced, and maint records indicate that the guy spent a lot of money on PM. Unfortunantely, he appears to have been not much of a driver. Multiple scratches in the cladding, and a large ding in the left rear pillar just above the taillight.

Hazing headlights as well.....like everybody else.

Just like my old trooper, the CD is done, so i will probably put aftermarket stereo/CD soon. Recommendations for same? Also: what do I do with the empty space when I take out the old CD?

Cladding: i was wondering if an old P-Tex candle for ski base repair would work on the scratches? Has anyone tried this? I will probably Line X the cladding anyway.....

There seems to be a lot of passion among ya'll. I have enjoyed reading the postings

got one:)

hi all. im michael.. from new zealand. just got my vehicross last night. its a 97 model with 80,000 km on it.. jap import.. as are all our cars here. and its mint.. near perfect.. i love it. just need to paint it black and get some big fat tyres on it happy happy.. anyway.. some tips all-ready if anyone wants them.. i dissected the cable for the reversing camera, do you guys in usa get cameras in them? anyway. mine had a after-market head unit, which was jap, and has video in..tv..dvd etc.. so i cut up the cable from the reversing camera.. and found all its needed is two wires from the camera to hook it into ANY video input (RCA).. so bingo.. 1 hour and my camera is working.. im happy!! anyway.. if i think of anything else brilliant.. (thank you) ill let you all know.. cheers! great site.. oh.. i paid $13,000nz for it... thats about... $8000us.. and lets see.. 80,000km is about... hmm...49,000miles... thanks all

looking to buy one

I live in costa rica, maine and rhode island.

Hello all.
    My name is Mark and I live in a small Arkansas town called Prim,thus my loggin name.Purchased my 99 ebony, debadged VX from an internet site down in Houston Tx.Sight un seenThere was good and bad but I will say more about that later.This is my forth zuzu so i'm familar with their quirks. got to go .Mark

'01 Ebony Black VX, 0801; '01 Kaiser Silver VX, 1002
    Hi, Everyone,
    My name is Randy and until this past weekend, I didn't know that the VX existed! In the past, I've owned a Jeep CJ-5, and a highly modified Fiero. For the last couple of years, I've been looking for a vehicle that was a combination of the two. I think I've found it! I discovered this forum while researching the VX. I'm currently looking to buy one, so I'll let you know when I get to be an owner!
    This seems to be a good group of people. I'm glad to join in!

Randy
    Dragonfly5