Page 67 of 197 FirstFirst ... 17 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 77 117 167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2953

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Hi all,
    I think it's about time to introduce myself. My name is Mikhail (yeah, yeah, I'm Russian) and I'm from the Russian Far East where everybody drives JDM cars.
    I had a JDM 1997 Nissan R'Nessa GT with SR20Det engine, then I had a JDM 1997 Subaru Forester S/Tb with 250 hp and now I finally got a VX.
    I live in Vancouver area in Canada. The first time I saw a JDM VX I thought this is an amazing car. I never knew they were ever made for sales outside Japan and I was thinking that once the car passes 15 year old mark and becomes admissible to Canada I may bring one from Japan. Sometime around December 2008 I found one picture on the web with a VX that had a stearing wheel on the left side and I was shocked. Further searches resulted in numbers of them made for sale in US and then I was searching and searching trying to find one from a southern state (so that it wouldn't be too rusty) and with low miles.
    About two weeks ago I saw a post in our forum garage section on a VX for sale in Nevada. I wanted to get a black VX and later change rims to black on it but this one was a Silver VX but anyway I sent a PM right away, got a reply the next day, and the next coming Saturday I flew to Vegas. I left Vegas the same day in that VX and was back in Seattle area on Sunday with my new car. Finally US customs cleared the car yesterday and today I brought it across the border and it's in my garage. I still have some things to do in order to pass inpection - things like day light on all the time, change the speedometer from miles to kilometers and maybe some other things as well. (if anyone can help me with some info on where to through a wire from to the head lights to have them turn on when I start the car, that would be great).

As for myself - I'm an IT tech and love cars. I spent three years in Russia restoring my 1959 Volga which I then brought to Canada in 2008 but still haven't got to registering it, I love speed and good handling and miss my JDM turbo Subaru Forester and maybe will bring one from Japan once they become admissible. So I tend to collect cars and always have my garage and driveway packed with cars.

As for the VX that I got - the car has 55K miles now, unfortunatelly it's got some rust under it, the cover of the driver's door handle seems to come off on one end (maybe I can buy it from someone and replace it), rear door cladding has a dent and because of it the corner where the door opens catches and it's already cracked there (I'll try a heat gun and maybe will fix the dent and that will possibly bring that corner of the cladding closer to the metal of the door for it not to catch). There are some squeeking sounds coming form the front when driving so maybe I need to replace some of the rubber stuff in the suspension. Other than that I haven't found any issues with it. I plan to do some minor mods, change all the fluids to synthetic and change the tires at some point of time.

I love this forum and thanks to everyone for answering to my questions on other threads.

Mikhail.
    Last edited by mikemol : 06/05/2009 at 09:38 PM

Welcome mikhail !

I saw on another thread you want a fender mirror,probably it would not because they all made to fit on the left fender,no the right.other wise many of us may had it installed
    Dakar was just the begining.

Canyonjack

Seriously considering first purchase of VX. I've been using this forum for info.
    Thanks for the welcome. The VX I listed is the one I'm looking at.83,000 miles, should I be concerned about engine problems?

well ladies and gents im Chris from the sunshine state of FLORIDA... Clearwater to be exact. What can i say... im in search of my FIRST VX and what better way to understand the car then to come be apart of the history right here!!!... currently im looking for an owner finance (due to this great economy) not looking to spend over 6K
    if anyone knows someone interested in working a deal out w/ an HONEST family man looking for a reliable strong runner. LOOK NO FURTHER!!... do have some $$ to put down will sign legal contract if needed... OVERALL I JUST LOOK FORWARD TO OFFICIALLY BE APART OF THIS FAMILY!! .... hope to hear from you guys soon!

chris.
    looking for my 1st VX in the tampa bay area

Here's one that's in your price range.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...threadid=15808

It's in Cali though & I'm not sure if you want to travel that far for yours or if the owner will finance.

Good luck with your search.

BTW, beautiful area you live in. Wifey & I visited there a few years ago & I spent a coupla my mis-spent youth years in Pinellas Park.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by suitcase78 View Post
    well ladies and gents im Chris from the sunshine state of FLORIDA... Clearwater to be exact. What can i say... im in search of my FIRST VX and what better way to understand the car then to come be apart of the history right here!!!... currently im looking for an owner finance (due to this great economy) not looking to spend over 6K
    if anyone knows someone interested in working a deal out w/ an HONEST family man looking for a reliable strong runner. LOOK NO FURTHER!!... do have some $$ to put down will sign legal contract if needed... OVERALL I JUST LOOK FORWARD TO OFFICIALLY BE APART OF THIS FAMILY!! .... hope to hear from you guys soon!

chris.
    Hey, Looks like you've caught "the madness" before you've even gotten one.lol Keep us posted, I'll keep an eye out for ya.
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

Hi Everyone!!!

Hello!

My name is Whitney, and Im from colorful COLORADO! Most of you know me as Jack's (PBkid, or "Peanut Butter kid")'s girlfriend... I was in Moab last year, but unfortunately didnt get to go this year...

I wanted to be on the site because I absolutely LOVE driving Jack's VX and hopefully I will have one of my own someday! (I already know the modifications That i would like to do to it, too haha...)

Well, heres a little bit about myself:
    I am 21 years old and a student at the University of Northern Colorado. My major is Speech Pathology and Audiology,( hoping to be a speech therapist someday). I loooooooove traveling. Anything else you would like to know just ask!

I love everything that you all do for eachother and I think this "family" is awesome! Im really excited that I finally am on the site and within the next few days i will definately be a site supporter Hope to see you all soon!

CHEERS!
    Whit

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    welcome to the site babe...

for the record: i try to not let her drive the VX as much as possible...
    try to keep it in one piece ya know?

well, im more scared of it getting driven on the streets than on the trail, most of you have seen pics of her driving my baby in moab.
    http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/da...5/IMG_2225.JPG
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Hi Whitney,,
    Welcome to the worlds best VehiCROSS information filed site on the planet Earth.. oh Mars to...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    WELCOME Whitney!.........

Glad to see that you decided to join the online VX family.

Hope to see You & Jack next spring in Moab!

Quote Originally Posted by MissCOVX View Post
    Hello!

My name is Whitney, and Im from colorful COLORADO! Most of you know me as Jack's (PBkid, or "Peanut Butter kid")'s girlfriend... I was in Moab last year, but unfortunately didnt get to go this year...

I wanted to be on the site because I absolutely LOVE driving Jack's VX and hopefully I will have one of my own someday! (I already know the modifications That i would like to do to it, too haha...)

Well, heres a little bit about myself:
    I am 21 years old and a student at the University of Northern Colorado. My major is Speech Pathology and Audiology,( hoping to be a speech therapist someday). I loooooooove traveling. Anything else you would like to know just ask!

I love everything that you all do for eachother and I think this "family" is awesome! Im really excited that I finally am on the site and within the next few days i will definately be a site supporter Hope to see you all soon!

CHEERS!
    Whit

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    WELCOME Whitney!.........

Glad to see that you decided to join the online VX family.

Hope to see You & Jack next spring in Moab!
    X2 here! I would say welcome to "the Madness", but you've already experienced that. I love your field of study, perhaps you can work with Ldub and me (if I make it to Moab next year) after a couple of mooooonkeeees. My wifey (for 35 years), is an elementary school teacher for 24yrs now.
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

Hi people chopper got me interested so I joined, now I need to educate my self about the VX.

I am from the UK so dont hold that against me LOL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

We'd never hold that against you. We just LOVE folks who drive on the wrong side of the road.

'Sides - you're in good company.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...threadid=15925
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    We'd never hold that against you. We just LOVE folks who drive on the wrong side of the road.

'Sides - you're in good company.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...threadid=15925

X2
    Dakar was just the begining.

THANK YOU ALL for the support and well wishings... ive got someone in somewhat local whos selling A RUNNING "BABIED" VX black w/ red/black interior 148K miles... for 3,900!!! HOWEVER im not too sure how babied it is from 3900 ?? grrrrrrrr just wish people were more HONEST in the real word lol. BUT WE SHALL SEE!!!

and yes tom4bren tis beautiful you should visit again soon!!
    looking for my 1st VX in the tampa bay area