Page 73 of 197 FirstFirst ... 23 63 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 83 123 173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2953

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Thumbs up

Hello michael !

Welcome to the VX family

Texas has a good bunch of members so meeting with then is quite easy over there.

Have fun !
    Dakar was just the begining.

Talking Hello to all

Just a short note to say hello and introduce myself. I own a 2001 IronMan with approxiamtely 83,000 miles. I have owned her for her for three years and stumbled across this site researching facts on some new tires. She doesn't get driven much and is basically a garage queen. I take her out on Saturday and Sunday mornings or I may drive her to a cruise in just to hear, "What the hell is that? Who makes it? Is it for sale?"
    I have a ton of questions and will seek your advice on many topics so bare with me and try not to kick my arse too hard. Thanks in advance, JD

JD,

Welcome to the forum. We'll try to answer whatever questions we can (sometimes in a rather round-about way). Lotsa good peeps on here so if you can't find what you're looking for in the search, ask away.

Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by leanit View Post
    Just a short note to say hello and introduce myself. I own a 2001 IronMan with approxiamtely 83,000 miles. I have owned her for her for three years and stumbled across this site researching facts on some new tires. She doesn't get driven much and is basically a garage queen. I take her out on Saturday and Sunday mornings or I may drive her to a cruise in just to hear, "What the hell is that? Who makes it? Is it for sale?"
    I have a ton of questions and will seek your advice on many topics so bare with me and try not to kick my arse too hard. Thanks in advance, JD
    Awwwww...C'mon JD, with a name like "leanit" I'll bet you've been around the track a time or two...

Gettin' yer arse kicked once in a while is life...

WELCOME !

Howdy!

I picked up a 2000 Foxfire a little over a week ago and have been lurking on the boards since, waiting for permission to speak! I remember seeing the VX in magazines over a decade ago and wishing for one, so when I spotted one in Kijiji I dropped everything, took the morning off from work, and bought it on the spot after a 5 minute test drive and a basic visual inspection.

I'm located in a tiny town in south western Canada, with a population around 100, and every single resident has come to me in the last week to ask what the hell that cool looking thing is that I've brought into town.

She's in need of some fairly minor cosmetic repairs, and I'm discovering that replacing those parts might be trickier than I could have imagined, but I've gotten a good idea from the boards of where to look. If anyone has a line on a Driver's side exterior mirror (the glass is good but the plastic is damaged), a driver's tail light, a passenger's exterior door handle (she was broken into a while back apparently) I'd be much appreciative to hear from you!

Welcome! Foxfire's RULE!

1st, check for used parts here:

www.car-part.com

If you can't find it there, then call Merlin (yeah, that's his name) at St. Charles Isuzu in MO. Tell him you are a member here and get free shipping and the best prices on OEM ZuZu parts in the USA.

http://nofuture.com/myvx/merlin.jpg

Bart

Awesome, thanks. I actually sent car-part.com an email a couple of days ago and am awaiting a response, but if that doesn't pan out I'll give Merlin a call.

I'm sort of looking at other vehicles to see if I can find compatible replacements for the damaged parts but I don't have a lot of hopes for an option that won't require a lot of jury rigging. Still, easily worth the hassle.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiredgoon View Post
    Awesome, thanks. I actually sent car-part.com an email a couple of days ago and am awaiting a response, but if that doesn't pan out I'll give Merlin a call.

I'm sort of looking at other vehicles to see if I can find compatible replacements for the damaged parts but I don't have a lot of hopes for an option that won't require a lot of jury rigging. Still, easily worth the hassle.
    mirrors are compatible with some models of trooper, i know that (thats how some members here got 'chrome' housings for them)
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    mirrors are compatible with some models of trooper, i know that (thats how some members here got 'chrome' housings for them)
    Yes,also the exterior door handle i almost sure the rodeo fits perfectly.

About the tail light that's bit harder to come by,however call & ask for merlin @ saint charles isuzu & let him know you're a vehicross.info member,we all sure he'll come up with something for your regarding the tail light.

Welcome to the fever,hey this one isn't like the swine flu though,this one doesn't have any cure or vaccine LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post
    Welcome to the fever,hey this one isn't like the swine flu though,this one doesn't have any cure or vaccine LOL
    Not even More Cowbell?

Thumbs up

Not even More Cowbell?
    Nope

were is ROSEBUD????
    oh welcome to the madness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Rosebud is 51º17'60 N by 113º1'0 W.

If you're not from southern Alberta, that's probably the best reference I can give you. We're near Drumheller, which is famous for the Royal Tyrrell Museum (a big dinosaur attraction) and not too far from Calgary (home to the Stampede and the unspeakable Calgary Flames).

Basically the town consists of a theatre and theatre school and everyone who lives here (except for the lady who runs the general store) works for one of those two entities.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Rosebud is 51º17'60 N by 113º1'0 W.

If you're not from southern Alberta, that's probably the best reference I can give you. We're near Drumheller, which is famous for the Royal Tyrrell Museum (a big dinosaur attraction) and not too far from Calgary (home to the Stampede and the unspeakable Calgary Flames).

Basically the town consists of a theatre and theatre school and everyone who lives here (except for the lady who runs the general store) works for one of those two entities.
    So....where do you do most of your gooning?......

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    So....where do you do most of your gooning?......

Hahahahha LOL