Page 106 of 197 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 116 156 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2953

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Well ok, I'm official. I drove home a 1999 Ironman. I was impressed with it's road manners. I was expecting something much worse with it's short wheelbase.

Quote Originally Posted by cdvntx View Post
    Well ok, I'm official. I drove home a 1999 Ironman. I was impressed with it's road manners. I was expecting something much worse with it's short wheelbase.
    Yay and welcome! You will continue to be impressed, it doesn't drive like an suv. Don't forget to check the oil every time you get gas.

welcome welcome...........did you buy that jonathan guys......as i see youre in fort worth

Hello, I am new to this chat talking on the computer stuff. I guess I am a caveman. I am looking to buy a VX and have found one with about 144,000 miles. Asking $6500 for it and it appears to be in good condition. I was wondering is the mileage something of concern and if engine problems occur, can other Isuzu models be used like say replacing the entire engine?

you'll find your answers here...people are real enthusiastic bout the VX,and very friendly and helpful...i'll leave the tech stuff to those more mechanically inclined than i... im a computer dummy too,which ive proven, for what its worth... john
    at 144,000 its over due for timing belt and water pump to start

Quote Originally Posted by shawnsells View Post
    Hello, I am new to this chat talking on the computer stuff. I guess I am a caveman. I am looking to buy a VX and have found one with about 144,000 miles. Asking $6500 for it and it appears to be in good condition. I was wondering is the mileage something of concern and if engine problems occur, can other Isuzu models be used like say replacing the entire engine?
    $6500 is too much for 144K. And yes, the 3.5 engine was used in several other Isuzu models and clones (Acura SLX) so you can harvest another engine if you need.

Quote Originally Posted by VXjunky View Post
    welcome welcome...........did you buy that jonathan guys......as i see youre in fort worth
    No, after talking with him and finding out it has a salvage title and more miles than what I wanted, I didn't even go look at it.

Looks like my first task at hand is to work on the passenger side window, as it needs help going up.

I'm surprised there is not a thread for different regions or states. I'd like to host a get together at my store for a little promotional event. I hold at least one event a month and would love to add a VX day.

This may help, it's a Google Earth map that shows where many of our members live:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/vbg...hp?do=showmain

Problem is not everyone has registered their location so it's only going to be so accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnsells View Post
    Shawn,

Hope you do end up in a VX. Not many TN members. I came from the Upper East part of TN years ago. I live in VA but make it back to Johnson City several times a year (last weekend actually).

The home page has a search function on the left hand side. You can use that to find lotsa info like "New owner questions" or "potential buyer questions" or "replacement engines".

Good luck with your search.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Some of you already know me from my post last week regarding advice on a troubled VX I wanted to buy, but every time I log in the forum keeps telling me to introduce myself in this thread, so I will. For those I'm not acquainted with quite yet, my name is Kat...it's a pleasure to be here! Though y'all can call me MeowMix, since there's already a Kat here, and I'm not going to hijack her name, lol.

Now for my VX experience...I first saw one years ago, passed by it on the street. It was a proton. I thought it was the most bizarre, awesome thing I'd ever seen, though badges were all shaved, so I didn't have a clue what it was. I scoured the internet to try to figure out what it was, but to no avail. I didn't see one again for a while yet. Eventually, about four years ago or so, I finally caught one parked, where I could get a good look at it. I was in love ever since...though my boyfriend at the time was disgusted with them, which killed the idea of ever obtaining one of my own (we lived together and finances were shared). To make a long story short: He took off for another woman, I went through some rough times, and now that I'm back to having a moderately stable life, let the XV pursuit resume! I'll find my perfect proton in due time...for now though, my '05 silver 5spd Sunfire will have to do.

This place is fabulous; everyone is so helpful here! I'm definitely a talker, so expect me to be around frequently, lol.

-MeowMix

My wife used to hate them as well, but they grew on her. Sorry your bf turned out to be a douchebag, but at least you can find someone who loves VX's now Good luck on the VX hunting, I waited a long time to get mine, but I'm glad I did because I have what I want. I passed over a few others that were too expensive, or one that felt like it had been driven into the ground.

Talking Hello! It's Official, I think...

Hi all,

First, I want to thank everyone who has helped me find a VX that I could adopt! You folks have been amazingly helpful! I am so glad I found this site!!!

Now for the happy announcement... I am the one who bought Joe Isuzu's Dragon Vehicross. Well, "bought" sounds so cold and heartless... this has been much more like a "rehoming" I think! The VX itself is still finding its way to So Cal via a transport truck, so I haven't actually set eyes on it yet, but the deal is done. I know Joe is going to miss it, so that tells me that it has indeed been loved.

As for me, like so many others, I happened across one in a parking lot years ago, and the obsession has just never gone away. I love "unusual" cars, and have already discovered that I have absolutely no luck with "practical" ones. So, when it came time to find a 4WD/AWD, the obvious, practical choice would have been a Subaru. But, those are such nice little cars, I really couldn't bring myself to inflict my bad karma on one. (In another thread I believe I have mentioned how two brand new Hondas died the day I brought them home.) So, when I remembered the VX, the search was on. I had to have one. Thanks to the folks here, I think I know what I am getting myself into, and I am thrilled to take the plunge.

There are a couple of other threads here where members tell what their previous cars have been. I loved reading that. So, by way of introduction, here is my automotive resume...

'72 Pinto - with modified carb. Got it to 120 mph once.
    '77 Pinto "Cruise Wagon" - very fun for a Pinto.

'81 Lancia Zagato - OMG was that a fun car. Didn't even know how to drive a stick when I bought her, but I learned fast! Put about 170K miles on it before someone convinced me it wasn't "practical" and I basically gave it away to the mechanic who had taken care of her.

A Saab, Jeep CJ-5, 89 Alfa Romeo Spyder, and a couple of Suburbans were in the family, but mostly driven by the hubby. He isn't a car person, so I usually did the selecting.

90-ish Ford Ranger pickup. Yawn. Only had it for a year before I traded it.

80-something IROC Camaro. Loud enough to wake the dead, but I never really felt the performance. Sold it at a garage sale for about what I had paid tho.

00-ish Ford Explorer Sport. A bit less yawn, and more room for the kids. A really good choice until my daughter smashed the front end and tranny started acting up.

02(?) Honda Si. Cute as a button, shifter on the dash, and total POS. All the oil poured out on the driveway the day I brought it home (brand new) and it took Honda 2 weeks to find the leak. Finally, they pronounced it dead and gave me...

02(?) Honda Si #2. At least it ran, but after a few months of many trips to the dealer for service and diagnosis, I discovered myself that it had no oil in it. So much for practical.

02 Jaguar X-Type. Put about 100 miles a day on it, with very few problems. (And when it did have a problem, it was very entertaining. Glad to see Jag didn't change everything!)

04 MB C230 Coupe. Still have her. Nice little fuel-efficient manual trans, that also can be coaxed into some spirited driving. At 32 mpg, I'm holding onto this for a while.

and now...

'00 Isuzu VX, Dragon Green!!! Whoo hoo!!!!

lancia?...you do like odd cars.....lancia scorpion has been on my wish list forever..at least since 1977 anyway....congrats and enjoy

Lancia was ahead of its time......still is a bad ***. you should of kept the car..

looking at the lancia scorpion....delorean appears to have been influenced by its body stylings