Page 120 of 197 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 130 170 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2953

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Mode Selector Switch

Got the new Mode selector switch put in and she drives out great! Got rid of the downshift clunk and it doesn't jump out of park! She'll go into the shop for a new hood, bumper and blinker this week when the parts come in. Will have the hood inset painted while she is there. I also forgot to mention when I had the tires replaced they lost the lug key. Extra pain to have them taken off and have a new set put on, oh well lesson learned. Make sure lug key is replaced after tire work!

Thanks again for all the help on the forum for repairs and troubleshooting. Kid still loves the car and is a very proud owner!

it is and im not sure y im going to try some different cleaners and see if i can get them all to the same level. i have the receipts from everything she bought and thats not in there so im not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by bluzvr4 View Post
    it is and im not sure y im going to try some different cleaners and see if i can get them all to the same level. i have the receipts from everything she bought and thats not in there so im not sure.
    There's a ton of posts about cladding treatments etc...
    Here's a long thread that discusses a lot of the info.
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...BLACK+CLADDING
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Hey Everyone!
    We just purchased a VX tonight and are very excited. I discovered them years ago when I was researching the long awaited FJ Cruisers. I've since sold the FJ and found a great deal on a VX so we grabbed it off Craigslist. It needs alot of love and some parts including tires and I need to have the drive shaft piece that goes into low gear put back on. The story goes the driver was on the interstated and put it in low 4wd. The mechanic told him, oh you dont need that lets just take it off. I'm assuming its broken. Any help you can give me on that part and getting rid of shake, bouncing at low speeds and big steering wheel play would be awesome. We plan on buying new tires and alignment tomorrow. It currently has 275's on the rear and 265's on the front.

Quote Originally Posted by bearandbee View Post
    Hey Everyone!
    We plan on buying new tires and alignment tomorrow. It currently has 275's on the rear and 265's on the front.
    Welcome to the addiction.
    4 tyres the same size will go along way towards fixing your problems.
    The US models are virtually "all wheel drive" so you can imagine what having different tyres front to back would do to the drive train.

We might need more explanation, or a photo to sort out what part has been removed.
    I am guessing it is the front tailshaft, from the transfer case to the front diff, but it was a bit hard from your description.

Start up a new thread with your problems, and the "experts" on here will help sort them out.

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

Hello,

New to the forum and very excited. I am a big motor head but do not posses much knowledge about offroading as I am a car and motorcycle guy that takes my cars to the track when finance and time permits.

I am in the process of purchasing a Vehicross at the moment and eager to put a small lift on it as I plan on bringing this with me overseas to Mongolia. I am going to post in the VX talk so if anyone can give me some advice, I would appreciate it. Thanks!!!!

Welcome.

A mild lift is easy (& cheap). New coils on back and a torsion bar crank on the front. Depending on amount of lift, maybe new shocks. There are plenty of threads on the subject.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

I'm still waiting for someone to join who bought my VX
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

hi my name is Ryan i have been wanting a vx for years. i bought a proton that needs a little attention and cant wait to get it all fixed up. im just 50 min south of buffalo ny if any of you are in the area lets meet up. if anyone comes across a roller or salvage vx hit me up i have a 5000 sq ft storage building and have plenty of room for a parts car or two.

Hi, im Seth, im new to the forum and I just recently bought a 2001 proton VX here in Hawaii with only 49,000 miles. After seeing my first one here just a few weeks ago, I knew I had to have one. The only issues im having with it is the CD changer appears to have had its power disconnected and the ABS light is on. A friend of mine liked it so much that he just bought one here too, it has a blown motor which he plans on transplanting one from a trooper into it soon. Im glad to have found this website!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by metalman1980 View Post
    The only issues im having with it is the CD changer appears to have had its power disconnected and the ABS light is on.
    Welcome!

ABS light = no big deal this may help:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ght=abs&page=2

and many people have long discarded the CD changer...
    Last edited by VXR : 10/26/2011 at 11:34 PM

Quote Originally Posted by metalman1980 View Post
    The only issues im having with it is the CD changer appears to have had its power disconnected
    Quote Originally Posted by VXR View Post
    and many people have long discarded the CD changer...
    To expand on what VXR said... the CD changers are notorious for failing, and once they do, you'll get a SUPER annoying set of beeps every time you crank the VX. I disconnected mine (and eventually replaced it with an OEM cubby hole) just to get rid of that noise.

Best bet is to go get yourself an aftermarket head unit.

Welcome!

right on, thanks for the info! Any idea if the ABS module from a trooper or rodeo would work on the VX? ...and does having the ABS light on necessarily mean that the cause is in fact the ABS module and not something else like a speed sensor? Thanks!